Ticketmaster: anyone ever spoken to them?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by dezz, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dezz

dezz Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've been trying to actually speak to someone in customer services over the weekend, but with no luck. There is an email pending, but...
    Essentially I've bought a couple of Bon Jovi tickets for my sister and nephew as a Christmas present. She wanted general standing, but I decided to treat her and got vip seats. I've no intention of going myself, but now concerned they won't get in if the cardholder isn't present. The best I've got from ticketmaster's labyrinthine online customer service is that some gigs do require the cardholder to also be one of the ticket holders, and some don't. I can't be the only one ever to buy tickets as a present, surely? Anyone else had similar problems?

2. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

She’ll get in - it’s a stadium presumably, they won’t be checking that carefully - and in any event, it isn’t really that hot a ticket.

dezz likes this.
  3. As an alternative you might want to call the venue.

dezz likes this.
  4. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

Are these actual or printable tickets? Having a ticket in hand I've never been questioned. If you were picking them up at the box office that would be another thing.

Mr. E. Tramp likes this.
  5. dezz

they're the old-fashioned paper kind - will probably have more info on them than I've gleaned so far.

6. dezz

that's my next move, tomorrow.

7. dezz

I'm inclined to think so too - don't fancy doing a round trip from Manchester to Coventry just to flash my debit card!

8. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

If they have the paper ticket it shouldn't be a problem. I always bring a copy of the sales receipt as a backup. Even when picking up at the window they often just ask for your name. If the tickets are on a phone you can transfer them to anyone who makes a Ticketmaster account. The paper ticket should be just fine.

9. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Call the venue about will call. Tell them the situation. Ask them when you can pick up the tickets. You don't need to contact Ticketmaster.

10. drumandguitar

drumandguitar Forum Resident

Ah, the Ticketmaster customer service line. Infamous. Had reason to phone them a while back as the card I had used for an Iron Maiden ticketless gig had been lost and then replaced. With the ticketless gigs you need to present the card that you paid on at the arena entrance. They dont seem to have a queue system on their phone lines, you just get disconnected if it's engaged. Took me hours, literally, to get through. Very nice and helpful person when I did get to speak to someone, but my god, an awful system.

Regarding your tickets, Ive never been asked to prove I was the ticket purchaser when presenting a good old fashioned paper ticket at a gig.

dezz likes this.
  11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Does she have a ticketmaster account ? after gifting them if she has an account pretty sure you can just transfer them to her account ?

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Don't recall the last time I had to call TM, but also don't recall any issues when I did.

They actually contacted ME to resolve an issue with U2 ticketing for the 2018 tour. They arranged for me to get a GA ticket to one of the MSG shows because there'd been a glitch during the presale.

I get the complaints about TM, but I gotta say, they've done right by me an awful lot of the time... :shrug:

13. dezz

As far as the internet goes she's just got onto Facebook... and that's about it.
    (@Davidmk5)

Davidmk5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.