Steven Wilson working on Tangerine Dream: In search of Hades Box Set.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by warp2600, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warp2600

warp2600 Forum Addict Thread Starter

2. Steve Simm

Steve Simm Forum Resident

That would awesome.

Tokyo Ghost and warp2600 like this.
  3. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

A surround mix could be a very revelatory experience, I'd go for a Yes/Jethro Tull style reissue with surround sound.

4. Uncle_Meat

Uncle_Meat Forum Resident

Well, I guess, if he has the multi-tracks, we're in for a treat.

5. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

That would be beautiful.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  6. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Maybe Rubycon?Really hoping for a TD or Schulze title.What about Departure from Michael Hoenig?I would be disappointed in a Jean Michel release tho...hey what about Aqua?

7. Claus

Claus Senior Member

He will do Phaedra :shh:

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  8. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Just found this. Any development, time line? I will be all over this unconditionally.

9. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    tug_of_war, Runicen, raphph and 11 others like this.
  10. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Telegram Sam, tug_of_war and RangerXT like this.
  11. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I own no Tangerine Dream.

(Just putting this here for posterity so that whenever this massive box comes out I can laugh ruefully.)

12. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Relevant quote:

tug_of_war, RangerXT, ispace and 5 others like this.
  13. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Maybe next, Utopia debut album...5.1

footlooseman and tug_of_war like this.
  15. amonjamesduul

Wait..WHAT??? MASSIVE...BOX SET????? I need details NOW!!!!!!!:goodie:

Runicen, RangerXT, giantleech and 4 others like this.
  16. WOW I'm very excited, can't wait. I am a huge TD fan. I am not into 5 channel but his stereo mixes are outstanding. I do have a small collection of TD stuff on vinyl and compact disc (original & SBM). Most are from the mid 70's thru late 80's. SW's remixes will make a nice a addition to my collection.

warp2600 likes this.
  17. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I want whoever knows the Prince, Bowie, and especially Zappa people to get on the phone RIGHT NOW PLEASE

18. warp2600

warp2600 Forum Addict Thread Starter

I don't think he reads the comments.

19. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

I kind of stopped listening to Tangerine Dreams when I healthwise could no longer supplement listening experience with certain enhancers.. But they are indeed great musicians, with Encore (Live) being my favorite.. And if Steven Wilson releases surround mixes I am buying all of them ))

20. amonjamesduul

Being fairly sure that a 5.1 Phaedra is in this box I would think the contents might be the Virgin years and maybe have all those classic albums remixed in stereo and 5.1 and maybe Edgar's solo as well.I think it's too much to hope for anything from the first 4 Ohr albums except remasters but would love to be proven wrong.Maybe bonus discs with outtakes as well,heck massive could mean al ot,I am hoping for a King Crimson like 20+ disc thingy.

21. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

SkeletonPete likes this.
  22. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Okay, so Stevve Wilson has said the following:

"I’ve just finished work a few months ago on a massive box set for Tangerine Dream and they’re one of my favourite bands of all time, so that was a real labour of love."

Other than wishing he could work on some Klaus Schulze, this really has my juices going. I love me some Tangerine Dream, and nothing much significant has been done with their albums over the years.

So - does anyone have any details? I assume this was the early albums? Which did he work on? When can I get my grubby mitts on it? Who is putting it out?

And for those dreaming of SW doing Kate Bush::

"And as I’ve always said, kind of half-jokingly – and I know it’s never going to happen – but if Kate Bush rang me up tomorrow [laughs]… I’ve spoken at length to Stephen Tayler, her engineer, and he’s said in no uncertain terms that she’s not interested and that’s fair enoughAnd as I’ve always said, kind of half-jokingly – and I know it’s never going to happen – but if Kate Bush rang me up tomorrow [laughs]… I’ve spoken at length to Stephen Tayler, her engineer, and he’s said in no uncertain terms that she’s not interested and that’s fair enough"

And: "but if the Prince estate rang me up, or the Bowie estate…or the Zappa estate – of course I would make the time." :D

Back to TD - what do you think, and what do you know?

SOURCE: Steven Wilson on the ‘Home Invasion’ concert film and touring To The Bone. | superdeluxeedition

23. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

What period /albums of TD are we talking about?

Vaughan likes this.
  24. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

No details have been spilled yet, but a while back he posted a photo somewhere of him holding multitrack box for Phaedra, so Virgin years may be a good guess.

25. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

I hope in STRATOSFEAR,CYCLONE,RUBYCON,RICOCHET and PHAEDRA in remaster 24 bit/96khz by Wilson!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.