50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. stevechang64

stevechang64 Forum Resident

Aporeciate this and can’t wait to hear it myself. Just a question for clarity. So the stereo mixes are different from the 5.1 mixes? How different are those? I would anticipate those to be mind blowing particular through headphones given the amount of layered sounds the Beatles put into their songs.

ODIrony and tinnox like this.
  2. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Still not dispatched yet from Amazon UK. Twitch, twitch!

3. A Saucerful of Scarlets

A Saucerful of Scarlets Commenter Turned Viewer

The bonus track I'm looking forward to most :)

4. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

Something similar happened to me years ago with the Anthology 3 release. I could see it on the shelf behind the counter but they said it couldn't be sold until the following day or they would all be lined up in front of a firing squad or something.
    I went down the street to another shop where they were cheerfully selling it with no problems, and I cheerfully bought it! :D

5. stevechang64

Yeah this is high on my anticipation list and surprised it hadn’t yet been discussed

ODIrony, tinnox and Carl80 like this.
  6. sekaer

sekaer Forum Resident

that's what mine was originally--i broke down and went for two day shipping. Still not shipped yet though! :realmad:

7. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Same here, this is the one I’m most intrigued in from the outtakes along with Across The Universe.

stevechang64 and tinnox like this.
  8. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

But where is the bell? :p

ODIrony, Bern, tinnox and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Looks like the 3 cd set is made in Germany, the ones I saw at Target today said that l.

tinnox likes this.
  10. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

What's on Spotify, all the deluxe or the remix and demo's?

tinnox likes this.
  11. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln (source: the Internet)

That website is a joke but not a funny one.

There is no debate in the UK (where Esher is located, by the way).

It's pronounced EESHER!!!!

nikh33, ODIrony, Rigsby and 7 others like this.
  12. A Saucerful of Scarlets

It’s the 4 disc version.
    So the remix, all of the Esher demos and all of the other outtakes and whatnot. No 5.1 or mono mix though.

Same goes for all other streaming places and I assume places where you can purchase it digitally as well.

13. imperatrice

imperatrice Well-Known Member

Just an FYI: Deezer New Zealand/Australia has the 6-disc set. Good if you've got a VPN!

It's a much more pared back version of Revolution. No noisy guitars, all very crisp and clear. Lennon flubs the pre-chorus line about a minute and a half in.

ODIrony likes this.
  14. stevechang64

I have to say 1154 pages of comments even before the album is released is quite impressive and I’m sure this will continue to grow once people have the album and have their opinions on what they like and what they don’t like and what they wished had been included. But I hope somehow Apple management is able to see the sheer amount of interest generated by average people who are hungry for anything Beatles and particularly stuff from the vaults. Beatles fans deserve a level of respect from Apple. We are a patient bunch and we devour any little morsel thrown in our direction. Yes we want Rubber Soul and Revolver deluxe sets. For us this music has penetrated our lives for 50 years and our appetite only continues to grow as do the pages on this forum post

ODIrony, The Band, Bonzodog and 4 others like this.
  15. dbacon

dbacon Senior Member

Why don’t we just call it the “Kinfauns Demos”?

ODIrony, Mazzy, Mark R Jones and 2 others like this.
  16. A Saucerful of Scarlets

Not sure we count as normal people :p

ODIrony, The Band, Bonzodog and 5 others like this.
  17. imperatrice

imperatrice Well-Known Member

Good Night (Take 10 With A Guitar Part From Take 5) is bloody lovely. Just guitars, a low drum beat, and the other Beatles harmonising with Ringo.

18. ilhuicamiztli

ilhuicamiztli Forum Resident

I'm counting the hours till tomorrow!

Not that anyone cares but i have the whole thing planned. First, i am of course taking the day off work. Unlike most people, i'm not having my box set delivered to my home, instead, i'll be picking it up from the music shop as i wanted to make it more of an experience (i'm hoping it will be available to collect tomorrow morning). I'm bringing my laptop, headphones and my Oppo external DAC so that i can run ito a nice quiet cafe to open the box, look at the book and start listening in the following order:

1. Esher demos
    2. First disc of outtakes

(head back home and continue there)

3. Second disc of outtakes
    4. New mix (on my better set of cans)

Then later in the day and over the weekend compare the new mix with the old.

19. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

About a week ago I started my marathon "Pre White Album playlist" which started with "That'll Be The Day" and "In Spite Of All The Danger" from Anthology 1, and goes chronologically right through everything to Lady Madonna/The Inner Light.

All I have left to play is the Anthology 2 versions of Lady Madonna and Across The Universe, then the proper Lady Madonna/Inner Light single and I'm done, ready to move on to the next stage: Esher Demos, once my package gets delivered which according to DPD tracking is due to be within the next 1 hour and 9 minutes! :goodie:

ODIrony, dormouse, FJFP and 1 other person like this.
  20. stevechang64

Haha maybe the silent majority then

21. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Not seeing it on Spotify, dudes

tinnox likes this.
  22. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I got a free rip once [accidentally] by preordering, getting the autorip, then cancelling the order.

I went back and reordered the item a couple weeks later, but that happened. Maybe that's a reason why they don't want to allow autorip with preorder.

Another might be maybe they get fined for prereleasing this time out...

23. A Saucerful of Scarlets

Hmm, maybe a region thing?

tinnox likes this.
  24. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Could be, I’m in Iowa (US)

tinnox likes this.
  25. Terry

Terry Senior Member