Toy Story 4 - June 21/2019

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

First teaser

2. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Cool. I ignored the films when they first came out. Years later, I had a kid and we watched them over and over. I was surprised that they appeal to both adults and kids.

3. Deuce66

That's been the PIXAR formula since day 1.

4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Even though I have a still sealed DVD of it, I've yet to watch "Toy Story 3", as everyone said it was too sad. Why do I fear a Trump like character in "4"?

5. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Bittersweet would be a better descriptor.

6. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

It's more bittersweet than sad, and there are plenty of laughs and happy times along the way. You should definitely watch it.

I thought the trilogy was wrapped up perfectly and rolled my eyes a bit at them doing another, but if they have a good story worth telling #4 could be another great entry in the series. And I do have faith in Pixar when it comes to this property. They seem to know it's special.

7. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Great news. I loved Toy Story 3 and it seems like that was a generation ago. :thumbsup:

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  8. Deuce66

How will it do? I would say $750 million is the floor, $1.5B if the reviews/word of mouth is excellent.

Toy Story (1995): $373.5 million worldwide
    Toy Story 2 (1999): $497.4 w/w
    Toy Story 3 (2010): $1.067 Billion w/w
    Toy Story 4: (2019): ??

[​IMG]

GillyT and jeffrey walsh like this.
  9. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I was shocked at the seriousness of the TS3 trash incinerator sequence but thought it was brilliantly done. Truly, that whole sequence should be featured in courses of film-making. Pure mastery, IMHO.

10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Can't wait to see this!

mj_patrick and longdist01 like this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

That scene had more to say about being human than almost any other film I've seen.

And "Mr. Tortilla Head" with the most brilliant piece of animation I've ever seen in a lifetime of watching it.

Sadly we lost both Don Rickles (Mr. Potato Head) and Jim Varney (Slinky Dog.)

12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I didn't watch any of these films (or ones like them) until the past few years with the arrival of my daughter. But yeah... the end of 3 can really bring me down. Its just the inevitability of leaving things behind as we get older. Can be applied to toys, but also to people in general. Its a part of life but still a colossal bummer. I want my mommy.

13. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

1 is brilliant. The script is fantastic. The "I'm from Mattel" line is genius
    2 was pointless
    3 was bittersweet
    4 is probably too far

Pixar will probably lose their way without Lasseter at the helm.

14. Deuce66

The opening scene in UP turns me into a pile of goo every time.

Ignominious, forthlin, Galley and 5 others like this.
  15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Toy Story is always a good thing

Michael, Chris DeVoe and longdist01 like this.
  16. Chris DeVoe

Me as well. I was watching it in the theater with my wife of 33 years, each of us imagining life without the other, both of us emotionally wrecked.

Ignominious, Al Kuenster and forthlin like this.
  17. Deuce66

Meet Ducky (voice of Keegan-Michael Key) and Bunny (voice of Jordan Peele) in this new teaser trailer for Toy Story 4. See the film in theatres June 21, 2019.

Woody’s journey in “Toy Story 4” includes a visit to a carnival where he meets Ducky and Bunny, two carnival prizes who are eager to be won. But when their plans are rudely interrupted by Woody and his friends, they find themselves on an unexpected adventure with a group of toys who have no idea what it feels like to be tacked to a prize wall.

“Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, who voice Ducky and Bunny, are two of the most brilliant minds I’ve ever seen,” said director Josh Cooley. “Of course, they are effortlessly funny, which would be enough. But they are incredible actors that understand story. Their improvs weren’t just for comedy sake, they were story motivated which elevated Ducky and Bunny and the film to a level I never could have expected.

” ABOUT “TOY STORY 4”: Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.

Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  18. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Jeez...I sure hope the gang doesn't get separated and they have to venture out into the REAL WORLD to save one of their own!

agentalbert likes this.
  19. Chris DeVoe

...no, a carnival. That's about as unreal as our world gets.

Chip TRG likes this.
  20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

can't wait!!!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, that warm and fuzzy feeling...we love our toys.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  22. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

I found Toy Story 3 to be awful. Cloying, uninspired and laboured. 1 and 2 are great fun.

agentalbert and MekkaGodzilla like this.
  23. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

2 was pointless? Lot's of fans will disagree with that. I like 2 better than the first one. It's funnier. Love Kelsey Grammer as Stinky Pete.

24. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Originally when I heard they were making a 4th one and what people were saying about it being emotional I was expecting it to take place when Andy was older and the toys were going to say goodbye to him before he passed. Now I fully expect one of the toys to die...where are the tissues?! :shake::sigh:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  25. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Heads up.

For those who have Freeform, there will be a Toy Story marathon coming up on Saturday.

forthlin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.