10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Per the banner on the site, the code is "TAKE10"

Martgrol likes this.
  2. Martgrol

Martgrol Forum Resident

Many thanks. I should have looked at the starting page. :)

3. 00Diablo

00Diablo Senior Member

any way to get free shipping here? some good deals, but the shipping cost pretty much offsets the 10% off.

4. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

No (not that I know of anyway). Plus there's an extra shipping charge on some box sets (DD has the same).

I guess you need to compare the total price (minus 10% discount plus shipping) to the total you'd end up with in one Deep Discount's regular 15% off sales and Amazon. Depending on where you live, you need to figure in tax for some sites.

5. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

another thing you need to watch out for is sometimes their checkout tool only applies the coupon for the first item that was added and not to the subsequent ones until you hit the apply button again at the bottom. I agree that their shipping costs usually offset the 10% discount and they also play a lot of games with their prices (they jack up the prices just prior to the coupon promotions or any eBay deals). Also, as stated above never purchase mixed media in one order due to their unreliable packaging methods (especially vinyl + cds).

6. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

That's not logical, is it? Shipping is the same whether there's a sale or not. Cheaper than to Canada, too, for me, and cheaper w/shipping than anywhere else I can find for most items.

7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

wow- I looked at some MFSL sacd titles and they are mostly round $38.00 before discount.

8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Many items are cheaper than Amazon by a lot, especially box sets. That plus the 10% offsets Amazon's free shipping.

9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yah I noticed that too...many titles that used to be $22 are around $35 now.

10. Electric

Yea, those prices don't make sense and that ImportCDs aren't able to get many SACD releases.

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Jethro Tull - This Was 3 CD/1 DVD
    The Ice Harvest Blu ray
    In The Heat Of The Night Blu ray pre order

12. MFSL raised prices on their SACDs to outside distributors. You pretty much have to purchase MFSL SACDs from Musicdirect these days.

SOONERFAN likes this.
  13. Martgrol

Martgrol Forum Resident

For buyers outside of the US, deepdiscount and wowhd are still viable options (Musicdirect has very high shipping rates to Europe). While the MFSL SACDs and LPs there are not to be had as cheap as they were on importcds, you can still bump the prices with promotional codes on importcd's former price level.

14. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Will be interesting to see how that works out for MFSL. On the one hand, it should get them more traffic via their own store - on the other, it might affect their cashflow as sales slow dramatically (especially to buyers in Europe and further afield).

I worry that they may be shooting themselves in the foot with such a stategy.

15. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

I note that the Intervention Records titles have been similarly hiked up.

16. Electric

Yes, I'm not going to pay $35 for the Burrito Deluxe SACD.

17. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

It was down to $19.99 in the middle of the year!

18. If you buy stuff from eBay : " get_importCDs " is their moniker.

They have a few really good deals that are better than their home-site.

Example : You can get Metallica's And Justice For All - Super Deluxe Box currently for $155.00 with free shipping.

The home site is charging $180.00 + shipping. --- Even with the 10% discount it's cheaper going through eBay. --- This is just one example, FWIW.

eelkiller and Electric like this.
  19. Electric

That I'll pay.

20. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

More Blood, More Tracks box is only 104.78 before the 10%. Shipping for me was $3.99 for that item. A buyer would be all in for $98.00 shipped, a good deal there.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  21. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

Sadly ImportCDs has raised their prices about 20% and recently started collecting 7% sales tax. Net price to me with the discount is still 17% higher than it was when I place my last order in June. :(

jamesc and black sheriff like this.
  22. Electric

Not for me. I've had 20 to 30 CDs in my cart over the last 4 months and not one of them has increased in price in all that time. I'll have my final 30 ready to order on Sunday, a day before the sale ends in case there's a glitch with my credit card.

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Huh?! That title isn't even out yet as far as I can tell...

24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

The Burrito SACD on Intervention has been out for some time (I have it).

25. Electric

PhantomStranger and hutlock like this.