Rolling Stones 2019 U.S. Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

Their latest Twitter post seems to confirm the rumor.

Tongues are appearing on/near stadiums and arenas around the country, and I just saw a tongue on the Honda Center (arena) billboard screen, a block from Anaheim Stadium in California.

Rumored dates/venues:

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour USA 2019

2. Dflow

Dflow Listening in the time of Dylan

The Tounges are all over Chicago. Have been for last couple of days.

3. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Yep...announcement imminent.

I’m there. Can’t wait!

4. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Wow. Still touring in 2019.

Who'd'a thunk it all those years ago?

5. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Though you see “Honda Center” tongues, it’s unlikely any arena dates will be scheduled.

Hope there are some, but Bornuff usually ends up right about all on iorr. He’s convinced it’s stadiums only.

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Gotta play a "Steel Wheels" 30th anniversary tour! :D

It really is crazy to think they'll tour 30 years after "SW" given that they seemed ancient back then!

7. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Might venture out of the cave for this one. Haven't seen them since Voodoo Lounge.

Christopher B and John Grimes like this.
  8. McRich

McRich Forum Resident

That’s so interesting. I was in the Washington D.C. area and went to see the Redskins/Falcons game at FedEx Field a little over a week ago.

While I was there, the Stones tongue showed up on the screen a few times during the game, but there wasn’t any music or text. I thought it was just some rocker running the video board.

jlf likes this.
  9. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

10. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

I'm so old, I remember when they had a bass player.

11. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

FedEx Field is a dump. Ravens Stadium would be a better choice.

micktanner and Todd W. like this.
  12. Oatsdad

Normally I'd plan to see multiple shows on a Stones tour, but stadium shows make that less appealing.

I won't sit anywhere but on the field at stadiums, and even there, I want to be 1st 15 rows or so - which are gonna be $400+ for the Stones, if history acts as a guide.

At those prices, I can spring for 1 show but not 4-5.

At least in arenas you can get decent seats at the cheaper price levels, but anything "cheap" in a stadium is gonna be 2000 light years from the stage, and at this point in my concert-going life, I won't do that - I just won't enjoy a show if I'm in a crap seat.

I could try the "lucky dip" thing if they do that again, but I'm loathe because I think there's still a decent chance I'd end up in crap seats.

I did that system for the 2013 arena shows because the worst arena tickets are still semi-tolerable, but bad stadium seats aren't worth it at any price, no matter how low!

ted321, Clanceman, WaterLemon and 3 others like this.
  13. Oatsdad

They coulda done RFK! Now that's a dump - I went to the Foo Fighters show there a few years back and worried the place would collapse around me!

14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I remember talk that they were too old to keep playing, the idea of rock musicians in their 50s just seemed so crazy at the time.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

I'm old enough to remember when it was a big deal that various Beatles turned 40! (And I'm sure some SHFers remember when it was terrifying that the Fabs turned 30.)

It's funny that we felt the impact of the 60s artists' ages even though there were already older famous rockers. No one seemed to care when Chuck Berry turned 40/50/etc., but it was big cultural news when Lennon or Dylan hit those milestones.

The fact McCartney, the Stones and so many others has redefined what's too old to rock.

I totally agree that the notion of 50-year-old rockers seemed ridiculous 40 years ago, but now you can be in your 50s and no one thinks about it.

I mean, Madonna turned 60 this year, which seems like a major milestone, but how many news outlets mentioned it?

We'll get "damn, you're old" news stories in 2020 when 60s stars hit 80, but no one cares how old the younger artists are anymore...

16. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

I was really hoping for an MSG/Barclays stand (they haven't played NYC in SIX years!) but I can't let the teenager go through life without seeing them at least once, so off to East Rutherford we'll go...

17. McRich

McRich Forum Resident

I know, I was stunned what a dump Fed Ex Field was. I was there the first time a few days ago.

Nomadicarchivist and TonyCzar like this.
  18. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

I lived in DC for 15 years and dreaded having to go to Fed Ex Field for anything - the trains didn't go there directly and the Redskins owner, the notorious Dan Snyder, got the locals to pass a ban on pedestrians walking into the stadium. The only way in was through stadium's paid parking lots...owned by Dan Snyder. They've since repealed the ban...but Fed Ex Field is still one of the worst places to see anything, including football.

I'd much rather see the Stones at Nationals Park...or in Baltimore's stadium. Both are accessible by public transportation...and close to some terrific bars.

Steve Litos, micktanner and McRich like this.
  19. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Steel Wheelchairs Tour

Ram4, Cool hand luke, cungar and 11 others like this.
  20. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

Go see 'em ans see if that applies. They STILL rock

sway61 and iggyd like this.
  21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

No Detroit stop.

22. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Funny thing about the ol' "Steel Wheelchairs" tour, looking at that 1989 footage now, they might have joked about how old the Stones were at the time but compared to now they looked like fresh faced youngsters (sort of:laugh:). In 1989 Ronnie Wood was my age (42) and he was the "baby" of the group (back when Bill was still with 'em, boys and girls).

23. McRich

McRich Forum Resident

I took the Metro there, had to walk at least a mile or so (which is fine because I like to exercise) and there are no bars/restaurants anywhere within walking distance. I was stunned.

I live in Michigan and when I go to Detroit to a concert, NFL or baseball game, there is so much to do at the venues and all around the venues.

DavidD likes this.
  24. McRich

McRich Forum Resident

I know, I’m bummed about that too.

25. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I'd go sit in the last row on the aisle (leg room!) for $20. Unless you're in the luxury pen, most stadium seats aren't worth more than bragging rights, even (especially?) lower-levels, at the prices the Stones charge. Out by a penny, might as well be a mile.

I voluntarily walked up to the upper deck at Giants Stadium (at about "seven o'clock") for a VL show in 1994 because too much evil and thuggery, and had a great 2nd half of show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.