10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

2. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

At any rate, the list price for Burrito Deluxe at the Intervention site is $30, yet its price at ImportCDs is $35.13. So something is wrong somewhere.

George P likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

pretty sure that's intentional. margins are tight for small labels like IR.

black sheriff likes this.
  4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Maybe prices haven’t increased for CDs, but they have for records.

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I ended up not buying anything on their last sale and at this point, it may be the same for this sale, it is just that the things I am interested in are not so good of a price for me to do it now. Every importcds sale prior to that I had quite big orders.

6. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

I realize I'm the person who started this thread, but I have since realized that it's actually cheaper for me to buy things at regular price and not over buy just because things are on sale.

The Elephant Man, Blair G. and floyd like this.
  7. Electric

For me, I wait for the sale twice a year, otherwise I don't buy anything there.

8. sacdfan

sacdfan Forum Resident

9. ClassicalCD

ClassicalCD Make audio great again

Based on previous years, is it expected that ImportCDs will offer a better discount on 'black Friday'? Is it worth it to risk losing the 10% discount and wait until then?

10. Electric

AFAIK, this is their only sale, twice a year, not counting whatever they might offer on eBay sometime.

PhantomStranger and ClassicalCD like this.
  11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

They have done the 10% off SITE-WIDE sale 3 times in the last year (Nov., Dec., June), but no guarantee that there will be a Dec. sale this year.

In between they have smaller genre-specific sales (boxsets, UK imports, metal, etc.).

Since they often have the lowest prices on some expensive boxes, and the sale works on pre-orders, 'bargains' can be found. The 10% for a CA resident like me basically means cancelling out the sales tax.

eelkiller likes this.
  12. Electric

Wasn't the Dec sale just the Nov sale extended?

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

No, they were separate.

The Nov. sale ended (like this year's) around Nov. 20th, and the Dec. sale was the first week of the month. I was surprised by the Dec. sale, and only found out about it from another Forum member in one of the threads here.

14. Electric

I believe that's the only time that happened. Normally Nov and June, so for anyone on the fence, act now.

15. I'd also remind people that ImportCDs will likely have to start charging sales tax across the country starting in January. Most net retailers will be adding local state taxes for every state in 2019 if they aren't already doing it now.

16. Electric

Lucky me! :D

17. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

They have a 10% off sale (not sure when it started) active until 12/6 5 PM CT

TAKE10

Electric likes this.
  18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Just started again in the last day or two.

19. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Ha! Just noticed this after placing an order. Emailed their customer service to see if they'd refund me the difference since I didn't know this was back on. In the past, they've honored this. We'll see if they're still on the level. Fingers crossed!

20. 00Diablo

00Diablo Senior Member

Just a heads up to beware of some shady business practices from this outfit.

I placed an order in November and a few SACD's were backordered. But I noticed they charged my credit card the full price of this order including shipping. I figured I would wait it out to see if the items shipped.

Well, eventually I got a notice the items were cancelled, and they issued a refund for those items. A couple more weeks go by, and I just checked my credit card statement tonight and through some careful math realized they did not include the shipping fees in their refund. It would be real easy to miss without some extra accounting on my part.

I will be sending them a message shortly, and am sure they will resolve it - but I wonder how many others had this happen and never noticed?

melstapler, jamesc and zphage like this.
  21. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Good luck. ImportCds customer service
    is virtually nonexistent... at least in my experience.

22. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I've encountered this in the past. Having it pointed out to them usually yields results.

Not ideal, but considering the savings I've realized over repeat business with them vs. the relatively limited number of bad experiences, it's a trade-off I've been willing to make.

melstapler and mrjinks like this.
  23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That's not been my experience, just call them on 855-258-9650 during office hours, Eastern time.

24. Electric

Sale is on! Until June 24th.

ClassicalCD, Critter, van1 and 2 others like this.
  25. Adam6437

Adam6437 Forum Resident

My order came out $15 cheaper using Extra 20% Off $65+ on ebay, than using SAVE10 at ImportCDs.com. YMMV

Runicen, PhantomStranger and jamesc like this.