Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I'll probably buy the Lps, but the price of the deluxe CD sets are insanely excessive.

SgtPepperman1953 likes this.
  2. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Well our former Wings drummer Mr. Holley thinks it is logical..............lol

C_Jepson likes this.
  3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Frank, assuming you are talking about the new remaster of "Dear Friend" where do you hear the high hat cymbal you are mentioning ?

I'm at work and can"t play the entire track at the moment.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

During the piano interludes (1:20ish for example). Always had a problem with this CD in general sounding shrill. I'm hoping this means it doesn't any more.

5. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Thanks. I'll have to listen to the different CDs I have of Wildlife at home to listen for a difference

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I'd rather get invited into the limo & have Paul there signing each copy!

jmxw, Who Cares and kevintee like this.
  7. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Are these outtakes or bonus tracks like Jazz Street, The Mess, Night Out etc etc.

Are they freshly mixed or simply remastered from the rough 72 mixes, or what exactly ?

I would think, not that anyone asked me, that seeing as how those tunes were sort of abandoned at say 75% complete. That they'd sound a lot better with a fresh mix. Any info about what they did or didn't do ? Frankly, the Live & Let Die & Indeed I Do tracks didin't teach me one way or the other.

By the way for you experts, it was long said-for decades, that there is also a studio version of Best Friend, but looking at the list I see only the concert live version, is this correct ? No studio Best Friend.

8. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Dear Friend is such a great song, boy he’s good.

9. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

that paul mccarthy guy will go far!

10. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I think he should hitch his wagon to Kanye to really make it big.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    FKA002 likes this.
  11. Wingsfan2012

In the US I got an receipt from PM.com with my order summary showing the big box, tax and shipping charges.

12. Wingsfan2012

13. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Agree that on first listen through Spotify that Dear Friend 2018 sounds great.

Mr. Explorer and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  14. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

As much as I have been critical of 'Wild Life', I completely agree that it is one of the BEST sounding albums (second to At The Speed Of Sound in my book). This clean sound may be part of the reason it has garnered such a following over the years despite its' rather unkempt production and performance.

Mr. Explorer, gja586, theMess and 3 others like this.
  15. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

What were the tracks released today and where are they? I didn't see them on Amazon. Thanks in advance.

16. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

I just knew PM wouldn't keep his mouth shut about us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    Mr. Explorer, theMess and jmxw like this.
  17. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Dear Friend 2018 and Dear Friend Home Demo II...maybe? I least I discovered them today. They're on Apple Music (so I assume other streaming services).

I'm in and out of this thread and jump in at the end (not where I left off) so these tracks could be yesterday's news.

Mr. Explorer and Wiserforthetime like this.
  18. He can no longer hit the high notes in that song.

19. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Yeah, but did you create an account with McCartney.com?

20. Wingsfan2012

I know Paul hates to do it, but bring it down a few keys..........clearly he has "rediscovered" the song based on the quote about "Dear Friend"

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  21. Wingsfan2012

No, just went on the website and ordered. Literally 3 days before it sold out in the US

22. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I questioned customer service why my tax was higher than the 6% sales tax here in Florida. The idiots responded that they don’t see me being charged tax. I sent them a screenshot of my invoice showing tax being charged. (forget for the moment it’s more than 6% that’s being charged). They never responded to my response. They’re charging tax on shipping and handling as well which is total bs.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

That’s right. ATSOS is their best sounding album. Have to give Pete Henderson kudos for that one. I always found it strange that the RRS songs recorded during Ram sounded better than their Ram counterparts. RRS was better recorded than Ram.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. Rick Batdorf

Rick Batdorf Forum Resident

I ordered the 71-73 Box from McCartney's Web Site on 10/18. I received an order number and paid by PayPal credit. PayPal sent a payment $435 to Universal Music Group. Now I notice that the "items ordered" space on the order form from McCartney's site is blank. I Logged on to my account at McCartney's site and it says payment received and it also has nothing in the "items ordered" space. Should I be worried? I can't find any contact information on either site.

25. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Always be worried when ordering from them.