BRIAN ENO- New reissues double lps 45rpm August 4th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zwolo, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Any word on when they'll issue another batch of these? Maybe "Discreet Music", "Ambient 1", "Music for Films" and "Ambient 4"? Pretty please with sugar on top?

2. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I have decent older pressings of Discreet Music & Music For Films.

I would be very interested in Ambient 4, and even a new pressing of More Music For Films. I imagine some of this will come in good time. Would be great to have the Harold Budd collab on LP as well.

Jerry James likes this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

My copy of Discreet Music is anything but. It belongs in a landfill.

:shake:

Chrome_Head likes this.
  4. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Problem with that one is, the music is so quiet in parts that the smallest amount of surface noise kind of tarnishes the experience.

I’ve been able to quiet mine down a bit after a few washings, but it has some spots of noise. Was actually the first record I ever bought, used, back in like 2004. Started my collecting with it.

uzn007 likes this.
  5. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I'll always prefer digital releases of Eno's ambient recordings. As mentioned many times in this thread, the 2004 CDs are excellent (why these DSD-mastered versions can't be issued on SACD or high resolution download is beyond me).

6. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

Yeah, it’s disappointing.
    I took matters into my own hands, though, and recorded dsd needledrops of the vinyl reissues, that’ll do for now.

7. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The next batch Ambient is out on double 45's 11/16.

8. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Very tempted but I will stick with my 2003 DSD CD remasters and old vinyl.

For those who will acquired them, enjoy.

9. Beeb Fader

Beeb Fader Forum Resident

It looks like your pleas have been answered, as these are the exact four in the next batch ! I'm definitely springing for Music For Airports, I like the idea of one piece per LP side.

Mateo Sanboval likes this.
  10. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

Same here. I'll be going the 33RPM route for the other three.

11. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Music for Films and On Land (Ambient 4) are my favorites of his ambient/instrumental work. Glad they're getting this treatment, as the U.S. pressings I bought back in the day are quite noisy and poor. I really hope they get around to doing Apollo.

Chrome_Head and themisto like this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'm about to buy some Brian Eno CDs soon. Do the recent Ambient CD releases also contain the 2004 remasters or were they mastered differently?

13. Echoes Myron

Listening right now to my EG vinyl of On Land. Even with some surface noise it is such a cool album.

I am psyched for these.

I am sure the 45's will disapear as quickly as the first four did. I will probably get both the 45 and 33 versions like I did last time.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  14. themisto

themisto Forum Resident

Can't wait to get my hands on Music For Films and On Land on 45rpm - it'll be so much fun to make the music even more ambient by playing them at 33rpm!

15. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Yes, I would even say creepy atmosphere in some tracks. IIRC, the original EG vinyl was nicely pressed with minimal noise and non musical disturbance.

Echoes Myron and Chrome_Head like this.
  16. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

The first four are all still available, 3of them on amazon cheaper than release date.

Echoes Myron and Mateo Sanboval like this.
  17. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

Did anyone pre-order the first day these 45 rpm versions were advertised at MusicDirect for $24? I did, and now my order is no longer for the 45 rpm versions, but 33 rpm????

18. Echoes Myron

I saw that it appeared to be a mistake. I would cancel and reorder.

19. HanowarHAIL

HanowarHAIL Forum Resident

I'm interested in buying Another Green World, Before And After Science, Here Come The Warm Jets, and Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy). Do the US 33 1/3 reissues have download vouchers? I looked on Discogs and it looks like the US reissues have a different hype sticker and do not mention the download voucher whereas the EU reissues do mention it in the hype sticker. Ultimately, I'd like to own these albums digitally and the CDs themselves aren't much cheaper than these releases.

20. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

No download codes for those 4 albums here in the US.

HanowarHAIL likes this.
  21. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Just like with the first batch of Enos, I actually had a nice EG of one of these, so I only need to pick up three. Ambient 1, Ambient 4, and Music for Films locked in. So many grails knocked off my list this fall and winter!

Chrome_Head and Mateo Sanboval like this.
  22. Jerry James

Has anyone picked up the single LP editions that are out today? My local has them; Virgin Records says made in EU with the chec republic sticker on back (GZ pressing I’m assuming) I was unaware these were being released; I thought it was only the double 45s. These don’t have the same info/blurb stickers as the 45s usually do. Wondering the usual stuff about all around quality...

23. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

These might be the same as last months Japan (Tin Drum/GTP) reissues, released as both Abbey Road x2 45rpm Half speeds and the single 33rpm version, not half speed. Both editions where pressed at Optimal and cut by Miles thought, so I'm hopeful its the same deal with the Eno's as I'd probably aim for the 33's here over the 45's

24. Echoes Myron

25. Jerry James

Thanks. Looks like these 33's are pressed at GZ which means I'll probably skip both of these editions, unfortunately. I don't want to flip sides over and over, nor do I want the issues of GZ. Of all the albums to skimp out on and press at GZ and not use Optimal...:cussing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.