Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

There's been some insanely priced bargains on Amazon Au recently so I thought it'd be an idea for people to post anything they find here for everyone to benefit. Being in Australia I have no idea what shipping is to overseas countries I guess that's for the individual to assess if these items are bargains after that's taken into account.

Ok well first up is Monty Python's 2cd/dvd/bluray Earbook edition of "One Down Five To Go:Live at the 02 Arena" which is currently on the site for a mere $5!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Jimmy Agates

Here's another bargain.

Gary Moore's Blues And Beyond 4cd set which also contains a full authorized biography is available right now for $19.99

[​IMG]

3. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Yeah noticed they seem to be doing fairly well in the CD department now as opposed to when they first launched. Though I do find third-party sellers still tend to jack up their prices though. But good to see that slowly but surley Amazon AU seems to be getting better and better.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  4. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Some good deals on vinyl:

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis Bold As Love ($AUD14.64)

Weezer - Pinkerton ($AUD15.90)

Rolling Blackouts CF - Hope Downs ($AUD15.13)

Pavement - Crooked Rain ($AUD19.10)

Miles Davis Quintet - Workin' ($AUD19.80)

I bought 'em all!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  5. Jimmy Agates

6. Jimmy Agates

7. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  8. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  9. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Good thread, thanks for starting it, I will be keeping an eye on it :righton:

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  10. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

I don't think Amazon AU ships overseas though. They can barely manage to ship any records/cds domestically.

11. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

Can anyone not in AU verify this?

12. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Romerovm and eelkiller like this.
  13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

They don't, I tried a couple times and all of my addresses would not work. Good deals for those of you down under though. :)

Nascimento Brasil and Romerovm like this.
  14. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Thats no problem fortunatley, I am Aussie with mates who are constantly taking deliverys of music for me :) I have only ordered from Amazon Oz once, they mislisted a 2LP set as a CD so I had to return that, and they are still trying to source the Shihad vinyl I ordered 6 weeks ago. First impressions are that they are not a patch on the UK version.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  15. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Try Jbhifi.co.nz for Shihad. Amazon AU can’t source anything besides dog biscuits and will eventually cancel your order.

16. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

As predicted, Amazon AU’s 100% preorder failure rate remains unchanged with them unable to supply on release date and suggesting I wait a month or two..”ROLLING STONES "VOODOO LOUNGE UNCUT"
    Estimated arrival date: 09/12/2018 - 15/01/2019”

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  17. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

At last Amazon have half backed down and we can shop the US site unblocked. Now we just have to get access again to the UK site.

E.Baba and Jimmy Agates like this.
  18. Guaranteed some time before that date they will cancel your order.

Frightwig likes this.
  19. AirJordanFan93

Just saw this. Good news though it only appears we can buy things that are sold directly by Amazon at the moment and not those by 3rd-party sellers.

20. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Had my $29.29 Vooodoo Lounge order cancelled yesterday - anyone else had theirs cancelled?

They claimed it was because they could'nt get any from their "supplier" - when I pointed out it was available right on won their website but at $61 they still wouldnt budge

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    iloveguitars likes this.
  21. AirJordanFan93

You think after 12 months of operation here they would have their act together already.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  22. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Just so long as they dont welch on the Confessin The Blues 10" set I have down at $88

23. iloveguitars

iloveguitars Forum Resident

My order cancelled last week also, I foolishly used the $5 voucher I was given for the last order they couldn’t fulfill (gone, never to be seen again) they are beyond hopeless

24. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Theoretically it should still be there for the next order (if you do another order that is)

If you do a chat and complain about it they will give it back and some more - I got 19.99 out of them as a result of the Voodoo cancellation

iloveguitars likes this.
  25. Jimmy Agates

Of course this got cancelled as well....AmazonAU are proving to be inept at best. We now have access to Amazon US but what we really need are full access to all Amazon's like it was before. Until that happens I prefer to shop elsewhere.

E.Baba, iloveguitars and Frightwig like this.