50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And Chains, Devil In Her Heart, and Boys.
    All the Fabs loved the girl groups.
    Gosh, if John could have wished to be any performer, I bet he would have wanted to be the lead singer of a girl group.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

The Beatles on Soundcloud:

"Using original Beatles archive and interview excerpts from Paul McCartney, George Martin, Giles Martin and John Harris, Kevin Howlett takes us deep into the making of the White Album and the newly released anniversary remix."

Link: White Album Podcasts - Kevin Howlett

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

The Beatles doing girl group vocals, and female choirs on Beatle records, are two different things.

5. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I wonder if Paul's mother Mary dream story is his version of John dreaming about the man on the flaming pie. Completely fabricated....

Mr. Explorer and tinnox like this.
  6. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I don't see him (Paul) as coming off so badly...okay, that one bad moment in the film between him and George...big deal...and it was just *that*: a bad moment...all it does it make the film more real and I find it hard to believe that anyone would get upset over it. The original film should be left as is.

7. jasonx12

jasonx12 Forum Resident

I actually think that's where he comes off more reasonable. He's not horrible or anything, he just seems to be kinda forcing it. Which is fine, and yes, real. I love Let It Be. You watch The Beatles struggle for a bit and then like Superman, they are suddenly amazing.

8. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

I wish I could take a week off to play the 5.1.......like I had with xmas break and the 1987 cd......when I was 15.

9. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I think it's Paul.

Mr. Explorer, tinnox and Bern like this.
  10. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

11. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Lovely

12. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I'm not sure how to do it on this type of setup. You would need 1) the option of selecting the LFE channel to run through all your speakers and 2) the option to cut the bass frequencies *to all channels* by at least 12db. If you can do those two things you may be able to hear these awesome tracks.

*Disclaimer/Warning* Turn your volume all the way down before attempting this. You do not want to pump LFE signal through all of your speakers without first reducing the bass signal. Increase volume in small increments to avoid damaging your satellite speakers.

13. Shaddam IV

Great article! I've long agreed with all five of your points :)

14. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

We have the Peter Sellers tapes and the Peter Asher demos. Or was it Jane? :) just kidding, carry on!

tinnox likes this.
  15. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Like SMiLE I have been building my perfect Let It Be. We can all “roll our own” since the Beatles creative team never finished it. I agree with you on Spector’s links, the takes he chose, and how he brilliantly extended I, Me, Mine. Then add Don’t Let Me Down. Pick your favorite version of ACU, and use Naked tracks. All we need at this point is well mastered versions of those, which I hope to get on the 50th set.

I use the single versions where available, because those WERE finished by the Beatles.

tinnox likes this.
  16. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

There simply aren’t enough songs with Beatles harmonies on the White Album.

Mark R Jones and tinnox like this.
  17. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Why would you want to run the LFE through all the speakers. All speakers except the sub should get everything above 80hz with everything lower going to the sub.

JimSpark and tinnox like this.
  18. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Because there is some stuff on the LFE and Veech doesnt want you to blow up your house.

19. Ken Wood

Ken Wood Forum Resident

I don`t know this guy or mailing list but would think at least a couple of fans would have bought this - so where is it?
    Just stumbled over a photo holding a film-camera during the WA sessions! (cannot link to it as it is on FB)

tinnox likes this.
  20. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

That's what Beatles for Sale is for.

21. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

well if you mean all three,there were a lot of tracks where they weren't all there ,whats there is super , of course there's the single Hey Jude ,I ratter have Happiness is a Warm Gun or Julia to Because

tinnox likes this.
  22. Shaddam IV

I'd guess Rubber Soul has the most harmonies. Three-part anyway.

andrewskyDE, linclink, tinnox and 3 others like this.
  23. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

I was thinking Len/Mac......there are six or so jointly sung songs on BFS, i think.

linclink and tinnox like this.
  24. manco

manco Forum Resident

Maybe the White Album doesn't have many vocal harmonies on it, but when it does they hit it out of the park(Dear Prudence). I thought the harmonies on that bridge there were the best they'd ever done to that point.

25. Shaddam IV

Yes and in addition to nearly every track on Rubber Soul having at least a two-part harmony, many have three-parts.

tinnox and Onder like this.