Anybody have a Barnes and Noble on-line coupon that works?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jimsumner, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKH1981

RKH1981 Well-Known Member

yep, they do. I got White Album Super Deluxe cd set for $72 after 40% + 25% coupon +10% member discount.

Sammy Banderas and Leviathan like this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Yes and I can’t remember but I think additional % off coupons worked when they had the 50% of CDs earlier in the year.

dee likes this.
  3. dee

dee Senior Member

Ok, got the 40% off cd box set.
    Plus 25% off for the iten.
    Plus $20 in free gift cards since my purchase price was initially over $100 and I bought the $50 GCx2. Best deal I ever got.
    Will go back again this weekend for the 40% cds and the GC extras..

I haven't fugured it all out yet but for a $160 item, I have 2 promo $10 gift cards, plus $23 on the GC I purchased. I think total cost was basically $53 with the 65% off and then the 2 $10 GC's for after Christmas.

What a bargain...

Leviathan likes this.
  4. dee

dee Senior Member

Bingo! :) Above Post.

5. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

So they let you use the 25% off too? Nice! I got to go back to get the Dylan or Beatles sets.

dee likes this.
  6. dee

dee Senior Member

They did. I got the Dylan. Need TWA. Cost was about $57 for the Dylan. Got out of there as fast I could lol. They're not stupid though as the $20 in GC's is 'their money' and I used the $100 GC I bought to pay for the $76 with tax item so the other $24 is on the B&N GC. Still a heckuva deal and will be shopping for more cd boxsets this weekend if sale and supplies last.

Leviathan likes this.
  7. Lesbeat

Lesbeat Forum Resident

I just got the Lennon Imagine 2Blu + 4CD set for $53.99 + Tax @ Barnes & Nobles using 40% off all CDs. Store wouldn’t let me use the 25% off coupon though.

8. japes

japes Senior Member

Picked up The Beatles White Album and John Lennon Imagine Deluxe CD sets for $160 after tax with 40% off CD sale plus 10% member discount.

I’m happy

9. smarone313

smarone313 Forum Resident

Just bought TWA in store.... 40% off +25% off + 10% member off = one very sweet deal.

They had just sold the only copy of Dylan's new box though

10. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

:yikes:

11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes, my math is saying this was $64 & change. Heck of a deal, well done! Hope you paid with purchased GC's as well to have the rewards later.

12. dee

dee Senior Member

But the blu ray discs are counted in as a cd box set, like TWA, so that's a good thing!

13. dee

dee Senior Member

Tried to do a pick-up in store via online reservation but it's a no go afaik with the 40% off etc...
    Eh, this weekend's another day!

14. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Much obliged to the folks who posted this-- Just got my White Album SDE for $80.63... (40% off +25% off... didn't want to become a member).

FWIW, the cashier was in awe-- she declared that I "...won Black Friday." :D

Obviously, she doesn't know some of you guys, but I'm still a **very** happy camper!

- Kevin

15. Lesbeat

Lesbeat Forum Resident

After reading about the extra 25% off coupon I went back, got a different clerk who let me use the coupon and I got the Hendrix Electric Ladyland blu/ CD set for $24.29 + tax. A great day @BN- especially the extra $10 for the $50 gift card!

dee likes this.
  16. dee

dee Senior Member

It's amazing deal. Of course the closest in distance of the stores to me doesn't carry music lol. Have to get up and at 'em tomm. lol.
    Thank Goodness RSD was very cheap for me but also gratifying.
    Small Business Saturday and I'm going to be traipsing around B&Ns...

17. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Okay, I'm confused.

The starting, everyday retail price for this "White Album Deluxe" package is $179.99 on B&N's website. This is the price they start from when applying discounts.

40% OFF all CDs Black Friday Weekend Sale+ 25% off one item coupon +10% membership discount is 75% OFF TOTAL. Which means, before sales tax, the total should be $44.99. Here in Columbus, sales tax is 7.5%, so my out the door total should be $48.37. Is my maths wrong? How did you come up with $64 and change?

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes, your math is wrong. You don't simply add up the percentage-offs because they are taken one at a time, each stacked discount on a previously discounted amount.

However, my original price recollection is likely off. I saw one on Black Friday morning and I was thinking it was $169.99. So let's go with your figure, $179.99.

$180 x 0.6 (40% off) = $108

$108 x 0.75 (25% off) = $81

$81 x 0.9 (10% member discount) = $72.90

Again, my mistake the original price as a starting point but regardless, the combined discount comes out to 59.5% off plus tax. Still not a bad deal!

19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

As mentioned elsewhere, got a White Album box this morning.

Also picked up Bowie’s Loving The Alien box for $60.74 after all the discounts. Lots of great stuff out there to be had!

dee likes this.
  20. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Few things to note: The pricing on their web-site is different than the price in stores and the pricing in their stores will vary from location to location as well. I went to the nearest location and ended up getting the The White Album SDE as well: the break down was like this based on the sticker price of $179.99:
    $179.99-$72.00 (40% off promo) = $107.99
    $107.99-$10.80 (10% off member) = $97.19
    $97.19-$24.30 (25% off one item coupon, applies to the most expensive item in your order) = $72.89 + local sales taxes = final price

IMHO, B&N prices are way inflated to begin with so please do your price research if you are going to purchase something expensive from there. I just wish they would give competition to Amazon all of the time instead of only some of the time.

21. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

The one thing I hate about B&N is that they insist on putting those security devices on the box sets. They really damage the boxes. It’s not like someone is going to sneak that Beatles set out the door.

CWillman likes this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Mine was behind the front counter with four other copies, curiously one of which had said security device.

And here is a testament to being able to use the coupon pretty much at will. I bought TWA at one B&N and went to another to get the Bowie box. I then had remorse for not picking up the four-disc Tom Petty American Treasure set so I drove back to the first B&N to pick that up. While browsing, I found the Freddie Mercury Messenger of the Gods and Paul Weller's latest (deluxe version). I bought Petty. Went back in for the other two. At the counter decided not to get Mercury. Went out to my car and realized that not only was there about $4 left on my GC but also that I'd regret not getting Mercury for about $8. Went back in and bought it.

Today that was five uses of the coupon, three of which were in rather short order. Yesterday I used it twice on two vinyl albums (A Star Is Born for my daughter, Achtung Baby for me). Didn't think of stacking the coupons for the one CD I bought, Bowie's Cracked Actor which was my only pricing misstep this weekend. Good for B&N by allowing one use per visit.

Oh yeah, I'm sitting on five of those $10 bonus rewards for use after Christmas. Hope to see more coupon and/or sale action then to make those go further.

dee likes this.
  23. dee

dee Senior Member

Beatles WA for $85 out the door. Not bad!! Plus another $10GC for future use...

reb likes this.
  24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Seems you don't have the "membership" for the additional 10% off. You appear to have spent enough to nearly offset the price of membership.

25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I presume you did not ask for the extra 10% member discount each time too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.