Steven Wilson working on Tangerine Dream: In search of Hades Box Set.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by warp2600, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

last news: "the box is ONLY Virgin era" with STRATOSFEAR!!!!! :-D

RangerXT, Sordel and citizensmurf like this.
  2. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

That's my favourite era (74-79) so this is great news.

klockwerk, RangerXT and Robomaks like this.
  3. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

So if we omit the four live albums, that gives us an absolute maximum of nine studio albums.

RangerXT likes this.
  4. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Hope we get some quality control for the record pressings , not the kind of music you can tolerate the cheepnis.
    I have nm near silent originals so it can be done for those that would say go digital.
    I like my Dreams in Analog.

5. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Stratosfear hat is the last album that I love ,if only this era is being dealt with there must be a lot of surprises in bonus material,of course "massive" can mean a lot.

6. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

There's a thread on these forums about the new box, and it has a member on there saying they sound great.

There's also a thread about SW's box, but it's not got much, as not much has been released. I'll be in on a sympathetically mastered box for sure.

7. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

8. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Can't wait.... more interesting than any Beatles remix!!!

9. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

little update:

..".what will SURELY be one of 2019’s ‘must have’ reissues will be a Tangerine Dream CD/BD Box with albums remixed and/or remastered by master engineer, Steven Wilson. To date, little is known about this upcoming box other than it’s likely to appear within April of 2019. Even more excellent to the news (and never downplaying other TD eras), these reissues will be for the Virgin Records era. Of those, the possibilities of new remixed albums include thirteen albums released over ten years. Of those, notable inclusions are Phaedra (1974), Rubycon (1975), Ricochet (Live) [1975], Stratosfear (1976) [YAY!!], Encore (Live) [1977], Cyclone (1978), and Force Majeure (1979).

[​IMG]

Some of these remixed recordings will be presented as new Stereo and 5.1 Surround mixes. Virgin Records will announce all needed info at the turn of the New Year with title, inclusions, artwork, and actual release date. Be sure that I’ll let you know.

Steven Wilson (and Wouter Bessels), you’re heroes!"

klockwerk and RangerXT like this.
  10. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

11. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

This seriously exciting. I simply can't wait for the good news to hit. Talk about dream come true.

soundQman, RangerXT and formu_la like this.
  12. ispace, amonjamesduul and noname74 like this.
  13. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Is it possible he could do original soundtrack for THE KEEP or am I dreamimg on another planet ?

October Man, hi_watt and heavysoul like this.
  14. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

In the new issue of Goldmine Steven says it will be a 20 disc set, covering all of the 70’s. Including unreleased material. Looks like we are in for a major treat next year!

15. amonjamesduul

I know this list is sort of disputed but if true I wonder how many 5.1 mixes can fit on 1 Blu Ray?I would be totally happy tho if all we got was Phaedra in 5.1.

16. amonjamesduul

The full Oedipus Tyrannus (if rumors are true)will be on repeat for days at my house.

klockwerk and hi_watt like this.
  17. heavysoul

heavysoul Forum Resident

As boggs says above, if a proper release of The Keep soundtrack could be included here, that would be a dream...

boggs likes this.
  18. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

This boxset will apparently only cover the 70s. The Keep was from 1983.

19. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Theoritically, you could put at least a dozen album-length 5.1 mixes in 24/96 resolution on one Blu-Ray.

amonjamesduul likes this.
  20. October Man

October Man Extraordinary tunes from the hard drive

Just wondering if I can spare the arm and leg it'll probably cost.

The_Windmill likes this.
  21. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member

It's the Virgin Years and here in UK I read an Email from CDS in scotland maybe £140 or £150 UK pounds.

22. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member

CDS Compact Disc Services Dundee Scotland got email yesterday,so check their website for details I deleted email this morning but Dave the owner very good friends with TD,so I guess he's knows details. Think he mentioned late spring 2019 or early Summer release,FC.

23. jacek2

jacek2 Forum Resident

24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Cost isn't going to be an issue for me here, sad to say. £150, £200. I don't really care. They'd truly have to go crazy with pricing to turn me off. Steve Wilson doing 70's Tangerine Dream is just an absolute must have. It'll be an anxious wait, but so worth it in the end. This was the music of my youth, as soundtrack to my life. I owned and spun each TD album as it was released back then, and just got blown away each time.

To be honest, unrfeleased material isn't even a factor for me - so that'll be a nice bonus. I just hope they do a nice booklet, and use classic artwork.

warp2600, klockwerk, jacek2 and 2 others like this.
  25. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Certainly will be walking funny...and my sex life will be down to nil...:yikes:

klockwerk and Floyd Crazy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.