Acoustic Sounds

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MicJames, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident Thread Starter

There are some albums I've been waiting to pull the trigger on at acousticsounds.com, but am new to the site. For those more familiar, do they sometimes run a discount promotion over black friday, the holidays, or shortly thereafter?

I'm tempted to take advantage of the current 10%, but if they are known to offer bigger discounts around years end, I can wait.

Thanks

2. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

The 10% discount is something I see all the time. It occasionally goes to 15% but I haven't noticed any particular pattern for that. They do an excellent job with packaging LPs for shipment. I have never had a problem with that.

3. MicJames

Good to know, thanks. I might bide my time for the moment and keep my fingers crossed.

4. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

I always try to save up till I get to $100 and take advantage of the free shipping

5. MicJames

Yep, I’m there.

6. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Just wait until black friday. You'll thank me ;)

MicJames likes this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

@MicJames - There will be a 20% off sale for Black Friday. Always has in years past, and I recently confirmed this year's sale by phone conversation, with a rep that was changing my address.

I'm waiting for several items. You're going to love their bombproof packaging !

Stencil, Twinsfan007 and MicJames like this.
  8. MicJames

Thanks, Twins and Myke, that’s great to hear. I’ve bided my time this far, I can hold off another week, for sure.

Myke likes this.
  9. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

Sadly, most of the stuff I seem to want has the dreaded (Not Eligible for Additional Discount) sticker applied :mudscrying:

ElevatorSkyMovie likes this.
  10. MicJames

I see they have a 15% thanksgiving sale. Did the rep lead you to believe there will be an additional discount on Black Friday, or do you think this sale is what the rep was referencing?

11. Myke

I'm hoping for an additional 5%, but if not, I'll survive. :winkgrin:

12. MicJames

Word. No indication if this current 15% is just for thanksgiving or not that I can find

13. MicJames

Well, 15% off remains the deal for Black Friday. Now, of course, I wonder if they are holding out their 20% for cyber Monday? ;)

14. Myke

Wasn't worth the extra $11 + to wait any longer for my order. 5 months was plenty.

15. MicJames

Man I tried 5 or 6 times to order with them yesterday but was met every time at the final click with an error message and a redirect to the homepage, without any indication of the problem. Frustrating.

16. Myke

That's when you call them on the phone.

17. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Except I think they are closed this weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday...

18. Myke

Of course, some common sense has to be used also.

19. pghmusiclover

Of course -- but I bet that's why their site is also has the glitch with the online ordering. I know they will fix the problem on Monday!

20. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

MFSL titles are usually not allowed the discount unless it's 20% (at least that's the way it has been in the past). 15% couldn't be used for MFSL titles.

21. Myke

5 months I waited for this order.
    When the American Treasure vinyl box was announced, I knew the only retailer that would ship it properly, with zero damage, and as quickly as possible, was Acoustic Sounds.
    Others would've used the USPS. AS uses Fed Ex.
    Others might not pack as conscientiously.
    Others might do one thing I like, but not do another.
    AS does them all.
    My order went out Friday evening, in Kansas. It arrived this morning, well before lunch.
    15% off + free shipping, was the cherry on top.

22. pghmusiclover

I'd agree that AS does their job perfectly. Their packaging for shipping is THE best and sturdiest. I've never had a problem with any order and their customer service has always been helpful when I needed to reach out to them.

Myke likes this.
  23. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

I try to get all my vinyl from them if I can. there are some things they just don't seem to carry though; Swans vinyl, This Mortal Coil, Stereolab. I wish they did, their packaging is exemplary.

Myke likes this.
  24. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Time to line up for your Beatles Mono Boxes. A.S. just advertised a "Warehouse Find" with a limit of one per person for a paltry $900.

25. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

From memory their international postage was prohibitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.