Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

That's a good idea - thanks! They still have a retail store near me.

Wingsfan2012, kavie87 and longdist01 like this.
  2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Wow
    That one could be used as a good example how to NOT make an unboxing video.
    Could only watch a short while
    Seems to be a real enthusiast though. Just picked the wrong moment to make the video
    :)

kenbefound likes this.
  3. fer2

fer2 Forum Resident

qtrules likes this.
  4. I’m not sure what you mean. They modified the video to specifically “cover” places where the alternate vocal was replaced with the standard album version, by cutting out the video where McCartney mouths the “yeah, yeah”’s and instead slowed down the video when he sings “good.”

5. Yeah, that was a travesty.

6. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

I know, I was referring to all the audio on McCartney Years. All tracks had new mixes.

So of course they edited the video slightly to match it up, but it’s not a case of ‘replacing’ the vocal.

Maybe it was for consistancy, maybe they’ve lost the alternate vocal, who knows.

7. kavie87

kavie87 Forum Resident

Import CDs sent me shopping confirmation for the special edition cds. Waiting on the mega box now

8. Yes, it's still active... for what it means

9. Thrillington

I can’t see them being fulfilled.

And if they are, there’ll be some very unhappy buyers from PM.com/Udiscover here who paid the full amount after being told it was exclusive, only to find limited stock on Amazon considerably cheaper.

10. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Actually I would not be so inhappy about it even though I payed more. It would be good for the lucky few who managed to make the order on Amazon
    Life is much to short to be upset about issues like this
    :)

11. McCartney_Legacy

McCartney_Legacy Forum Resident

Amazon (in various countries) had the limited edition Imagine book - signed by Yoko Ono - in stock for months, even though it was limited to a very small number worldwide.
    I ordered a copy from Amazon only to be told a week before release that they could not fulfil my order.

I do expect to see a second edition of the big box though. Where there is demand, they will supply.

12. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Why does this look like George Costanza?

Who Cares, Jjuanjo and theMess like this.
  13. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

And the kid opening the Red Rose Speedway book right where there's the breasts sketches :D

Calico, theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  14. Thrillington

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy for more people to get a chance to buy.

I’d not be happy about a ‘bait and switch’ tactic.

I.E - Being told this is only available from Universal media stores at one price. Buying ASAP before it sells out, then it turns up unannounced on Amazon at much less money.

Unless it’s a second edition, it’s downright unfair.

15. I don't expect a second edition anymore... if they lose the Xmas market it'll be very at their own risk to make another run of this set...

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  16. Mmmmm...

17. Calico

Calico Senior Member

It misses a second attempt at "Love's Full Glory", recorded in 1982 with Tony Visconti.
    A maxi single with this version (backed with "Oriental Nightfish" and "When I Was In Paris" (aka "Wide Prairie") was briefly scheduled for release in 1984.

18. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Live footage from uDiscover's warehouse as they expertly prepare the Big Barn Boxes for delivery.

19. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

I don't expect them to be fulfilled either I'm just surprised they are letting it get this close to the release date. I would have expected them to be cancelled already.

marklamb likes this.
  20. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Same here. :thumbsup:

21. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

LOL! I reckon that's my box tumbling at the bottom of the pile at the 50 second mark!

22. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Some day I'm going to put together a compilation of his non-remastered intros and outros.

So far I've got the intro to The Mess and the outro from Coming up.... :righton:

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Oyster Boy like this.
  23. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Speed corrected? :shrug:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

For myself, everything post-Beatles goes under McCartney. [I mentally sub-categorize Wings, Fireman, Twin Freaks, etc...]

aoxomoxoa and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Extremely hidden... :shh:

MrSka57 and Mr. Explorer like this.