Old Dog Old Tricks? Bob d Jukic back on Ebay Again

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Peter Marchesi, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Marchesi

Peter Marchesi 1% Thread Starter

2. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

[​IMG]

sonnyrock and Dave like this.
  3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I didn't know he ever left.

I felt for the suckers paying $100.00+ for comment records or $30 records anyway.

But then not really - if they don't want to do the research or effort to score good quality at 10% of the cost, let them get ripped.

4. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

He probably gets them because people know he can sell them for those insane prices.

I can give you a personal experience on how this might happen. I had a family friend that was aware of my interest in records in general and Beatles in particular. He asked my opinion on a copy of the Lennon "Roots" album he had and what is was worth. Asked if I wanted to purchase it. It was the real deal. He managed the plant where it was pressed. I gave him an offer ($600.00) but suggested that he could probably do much better if he tried getting a well known seller to take a look and try to broker it. I told him to contact Perry D Cox with the details and see if he could help. It went up on ebay and sold for $1,630.00. How much do you think he would have gotten for it if he was a small time seller with no history and put it up for sale himself?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  5. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Interesting story. Thank you for it. But how much did your family friend clear in the eBay sale? (Did his part of the proceeds beat your $600 offer?)

6. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

It sold on ebay for $1,630.00. He had an agreement with Perry D Cox but I don't feel I should get into the detail. His take was well in excess of the $600.00 I offered.

Peter Marchesi likes this.
  7. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

both he ( and esterdamin ) sell the same records ( same exact pressings) over and over again...just keep a watch on their items , and have no worries , within 6 mos to a year ...there is a good chance the same exact record will be up for sale (about a 50 / 50 chance )

Peter Marchesi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.