Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Relax... It was most likely that or nothing. Much doesn't exist from this time period. I have no idea what you were expecting?? It doesnt even have a name... just Outtake...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    Max Wilbury, TimeandTempo and FKA002 like this.
  2. dvakman

dvakman stalking the dread moray eel

It's kind of hard to tell because the quality is so much better. It sounds like it may have originated from the same take, but there are definitely more vocals here that we haven't heard before.

FKA002 likes this.
  3. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

African Yeah Yeah.....
    So that's where the "Everybody says YEAHHHH" at his shows started ...

4. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Just wait another five years when they finally release the full 12 second version! ;)

pablo fanques, Rojo, Paul H and 10 others like this.
  5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

The John "Jellybean" Benitez Extended mix. :agree:

6. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

5 seconds of Paul playing 3 notes isn't an outtake in my dictionary
    I don't know, it could have been a instrumental jam, a never released "real" song, a different take of any song on the album, not a recording of Paul getting ready before a 1635th take of Bip Bop
    It's exactly like if Apple would publish Paul's "Keep that one, mark it fab!" and call that an Outtake off the white album! It's just non sense
    Or George singing the melody of Getting Better during the recording of the album and call that an exclusive 1968 recording of Getting Better by George Harrison

7. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Next time, tell us what you really think. :winkgrin:

8. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Except for those "outtakes", the rest of the disc is absolutely magnificent and feels like an intimate glimpse into Paul's and Wings's.... wild life!

Tord, supermd, JDeanB and 2 others like this.
  9. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Outtake III (extended mix) a RSD exclusive on purple and green 12" vinyl with the uber-rare Farttake XVI on the bside.... :cool:

10. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

I think (and I really do) that it isn't worth publishing and that it all is wasting 30 seconds of an overall great bonus disc
    Well, at least we're able to hear it... but is it enough? We got no context, were they recorded before a take of a song? Are they snippets of real songs Paul wrote? Or is it them getting ready before they start a song? Nobody knows
    As I said, it's like publishing three seconds of John playing the three first notes of Julia before starting a new take (that would approximatively be 5 seconds long) and call that "Julia (Take 3747)"

Mr. Explorer, theMess and mrjinks like this.
  11. ilash

ilash Forum Resident

Yeah, it's weird, for all the talk of Paul doing silly love songs in the '70s, he actually did very few love songs at all save for on his first album and a few tracks scattered among the rest of his '70s career. Hell, it's quite possible that John did more love songs in this period than Paul did.

Also, the special editions of both albums have just arrived on Google Play streaming here in South Africa and, though I've only given them a cursory listen so far, they sound phenomenal. A huge improvement over the CD versions of the albums I have, whereas the former bootlegs or out of print b-sides are such a sonic improvement that it's very much like hearing them for the first time. And, yeah, unsurprisingly the bonus songs on RRS are pretty easily the most vital of any of these Archive collections so far.

12. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

My Love sounds better than on Pure McCartney!

13. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

They're takes 1-3 of Soggy Noodle. :)

P.S. Maybe the big book explains?

14. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

Are the 2CD on Google Play, or the full 3 disc things?

15. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

I really hope the book explains!... Oh well I only got the 2CDs set, so I guess I'll never know (so do some people...) :rolleyes:
    Because of course, that small booklet doesn't give much informations... Lyrics, few pics (gorgeous pics!) and basta

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Is it me or is Get On The Right Thing very noticeably compressed ? :eek:

17. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

Are we sure Wild Life isn't remixed? The flute or synthesizer or whatever on I Am Your Singer sounds much more in the forefront, and everything sounds much clearer.

theMess likes this.
  18. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Also, if anyone has any alternate covers they're going to be using for all of these bonus discs and such, please post them here!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

When The Night sounds way clearer (you can even hear the ad-libs in the fade out)

Wingsfan2012, theMess and Oyster Boy like this.
  20. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

2 CDs are up on Spotify in all future EU countries.

paulmccartneyistheman and FKA002 like this.
  21. beatlesfan9091

beatlesfan9091 Forum Resident

Tomorrow can't come soon enough! :goodie::goodie::goodie:

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  22. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Live and Let Die sounds remixed to me, the guitar licks in the fast parts sounds way lower

23. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident

Same on Apple Music

24. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Finally a listenable version of I Would Only Smile :love:

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  25. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Tragedy's vocals sounds so sweet

Wingsfan2012 and dvakman like this.