Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Ivan

Ivan Forum Resident

It doesn't sound right with the "acka chka, acka chka" part mixed so low in the intro :(

2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Some people never know
    :)
    Most people don t care
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    theMess, andrewskyDE, BZync and 4 others like this.
  3. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Me too!!!!!

4. cmi

cmi Forum Resident

No, it's clearly heard that this 'extra' kick is out of rhythm and it's clearly seen in audio editor that it's identical to the right one. So it's a re-mastering error of repeated samples. But it's very easy to remove these extra 0.247 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  5. jacden

jacden Senior Member

If they take any pride in their product at all, they'll fix this issue. Significant glitches like this are unacceptable, especially on a vinyl record.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Is the version of Little Woman Love on RRS CD2 the same as the one we got on Ram CD2?

7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

The harmony-vocals on Wild Life(the song)has never sounded better before

theMess, jammincrowe and FKA002 like this.
  8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I believe so

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Yep, so is Country Dreamer the same as on Band On The Run
    That might mean that they're gonna re-do those Archive sets?

Lewisboogie likes this.
  10. kavie87

kavie87 Forum Resident

Still no dispatch for myself if big barn box

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

There was-an admittedly much more significant glitch on one on the albums in the big complete Dylan album box. The issue was fixed and we got new copies of that album
    Given how extremely minor this thing is here I doubt that will happen in this case. Best thing would be to contact the record-company
    For me personally it s very much a non-issue and I hope that won t be the main point in this thread. That would be a real drag given all the great stuff there is to discuss here
    With that said I well understand the angst issues like this brings to audio-philes or perfectionists.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  12. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Rest assured that I won't belabour this thing any further here. I'm not a perfectionist, but glitches that change the actual musical structure of a song really bother me. I respect that you think it's a non-issue. I also agree that there's much reason to rejoice with these reissues, but both pros and cons should be open for discussion. Otherwise this forum would be pretty useless I think.

Happy listening.

theMess, Mr. Explorer, Frank and 2 others like this.
  13. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

The "Weeeeeell" in She Got It Good reminds me of those flutes riffs in Back In Brazil

theMess likes this.
  14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Absolutely true. My worries would be that the error on one song(that for me doesn’t t change any of the structure) should be the main topic,
    It a happened before and it s not fun
    Besides I don t think it s lack of quality control that makes things like this happen. It that was the case the releases would be full of similar things. It s rather the human factor. S-t happens so to say

15. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Almost done streaming Red Rose Speedway on Spotify. A few notes:

• Is there another glitch in this set? I'm hearing something peculiar at the end of "One More Kiss" that I never heard before. Also, it's going to take a lot of getting used to not calling the song "Only One More Kiss".
    • The remaster of "Little Lamb Dragonfly" finally allows me to distinguish the voices between Denny Laine and Denny Seiwell more. I always that it was Laine singing the beginning and even when I found out it was Seiwell, I couldn't hear it.
    • The remaster has solidified my opinions that the closing medley is better than Abbey Road's closing medley (do you think I can get that on a shirt? @Mazzy) and the guitar solos at the end are one of the most beautiful pieces of work on the album.
    • I really like hearing these songs I'm familiar with like "Night Out" and "Seaside Woman" with alternative, or shall I say, earlier mixes.
    • "I Would Only Smile" :righton:I'm glad this isn't a sole Paul McCartney Archive Reissue and his former bandmates are getting lead vocals spotlights in the reissue too. Glad they included this one in.
    • I know how we were praising "Best Friend" last week for its sonic upgrade, but can we turn some attention to the new sonic upgrade we got with "1882"? That track is absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to hear the other version when my BBB arrives (2-4 week estimate based on paulmccartney store)
    • Thank You Darling sounds fine to me. I guess it's because I wasn't too familiar with the bootleg itself...
    • "Mama's Little Girl" doesn't have those 5 bass notes reinstated after the final clarinet solos. Shame cuz I really liked those bass notes. I guess I have to refer to my Cold Cuts mix to hear those notes still.
    • Jazz Street sounds great. Now we need the full version remastered.

16. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Here are my notes about Wild Life for anyone interested:

• Sounded nice, but I think I'll need to take a listen to some songs to get a better feel for the remaster on my earphones instead of headphones.
    • @Clem865 was right. These "outtakes" are throwaways on this release. Nice fun transition pieces if listening to this CD in full.
    • I'd take the edit of "Hey Diddle/Bip Bop" from Wingspan. Actually, I'd remove that from Wingspan in its entirety too.
    • "Indeed I Do" I think is the only good outtake from the home recordings. I wish they given us a longer version, but I could see how a longer version may be more of a bore towards a fan who is casual enough to buy this album today.
    • "When The Wind Is Blowing" - :drool:
    • Great hearing both "Give Ireland Back To The Irish" versions remastered. I think we especially needed these two songs remastered for a long time.
    • I made a proposed single edit a few years back for how I think the single edit for "Love Is Strange" was supposed to be. Well, I can now 100% confirm that my edit was wrong :D
    • "African Yeah Yeah" is a fun, harmless, song, but man am I going to have some eyebrows raised if this song ever passes through on my shuffle playlist :oops:

andy75, Sean Murdock, theMess and 7 others like this.
  17. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Just listened via Tidal and couldn't hear anything amiss here. Perhaps the increased clarity makes the electric guitar sound a bit "choppy" for lack of a better word? I really enjoy this one.

Looking very much forward to picking up these on vinyl later today, so no more streaming for me until then.

Mr. Explorer and Renato975 like this.
  18. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Come to think of it, it's quite crazy they released the Indeed I Do demo as a teaser for the Wild Life boxset. They should have gone with When The Wind Is Blowing. It's a much more realized production and the story of the song's birth and the Kanye West connection could have helped the set more I think.

19. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

20. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

No one has yet mentioned Loup. I’ve always enjoyed that slightly goofy piece-not least for the bass-playing. Something that shines more than ever on the re-master. Sounds totally great

21. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Please let us know all about the early version of Little Lamb Dragonfly in case someone gets to hear it!

22. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Well. I awoke to find an email from Music Vaultz saying my ordered was cancelled due to ''unsuccessful payment." WTH? I have over 1500 in my account? I pre-ordered on Day 1. Anybody else get this ?

23. Victor46542

It's the same for the outtakes on the original double album
    Paul McCartney & Wings - Get On The Right Thing
    as a proof the credit on the deluxe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Victor46542

25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

What a drag