Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Looks nice. The Wings over Europe book has the tour programme in a pocket on the inside cover and the CD at the back in another pocket. Download card for the audio with artwork matching the outer box. CD going into the player now. Too much to take in...

2. Beatlebug

Beatlebug Another box set won't do any harm

@dormouse mine is due for delivery today and your posts have really wetted my appetite.

Oyster Boy and dormouse like this.
  3. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

The live set is 1 hour 19 minutes. A fully loaded CD. Big Barn Bed. This is great. Why so long in the waiting?

ConnieGuitar and Oyster Boy like this.
  4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Hold firm. You have a treat heading your way!

Beatlebug likes this.
  5. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Just had a very quick flick through Wild Life. Packaging and content look great. I think my plans for the day have just been put on hold.

SixOClockBoos and Oyster Boy like this.
  6. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Metallic finish on the Red Rose Speedway box outer sleeve. They have pushed the boat out on this set.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  7. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Same here, coming today between 11:00 & 15:00. So far so good.

dormouse likes this.
  8. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Just had a quick look through the Red Roase Speedway material. This is really archive quality presentation. Stunning photos and masses to look through and read. Wow! I can only say well done Paul. In spite of previous moans about the last set, this set is exemplary and worth every penny.

9. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

This has just jumped to the top of the list for the whole Archive Series. Wonderful. While quickly flicking through the masses of material I have also discovered where Mamunia originated. Never had a clue what that was about until now!

10. jabbo5150

jabbo5150 Forum Resident

Music Vaultz seems to have the big box in stock again. I just ordered. Too late to cancel Amazon. Is it hard to return something on Amazon that hasn't been opened?

11. beatman61

beatman61 Well-Known Member

This is the email I received from UDiscover in the US yesterday concerning the Big Box:

Thanks for contacting Universal Music Group. These are pre-order items due to ship in mid-December. You will receive an email with tracking details as soon as the order leaves our warehouse.

Please let us know if you have any further questions,

Jenn

UMG Customer Care

Mid-December?

I'm regretting that all the FABS seem to be distributed by Universal Music these days. Their own stores can't fill the orders in the US even though they take our money months before release date.

sway61 and joeislive like this.
  12. Jack

Jack Senior Member

MusicVaultz has just charged my card for the Big Barn Box, $354

13. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Just got a fraud notice from my credit card, and even though I replied "YES", they said it had been declined and to have the vendor reprocess it.

Of course I also got an email from MusicVaultz saying my order had been cancelled.

Any tips on how to contact them other than the form on the website? I was just going to reorder, but my WELCOME code was burned...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  14. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I have a feeling some big reassessments of this period are about to emerge. 1882 live is a triumph. Denny is now up front with I Would Only Smile. And I think that says it all. Personally, I have had a really bad week, but smile is the only word for this set. Let's call it musical therapy of the highest order. Give Ireland Back To The Irish up now. I think I always assumed that there were no professional recordings of this tour, but this proves otherwise. This is a brilliant set of recordings.

Thrillington, adm62 and Oyster Boy like this.
  15. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Mid-set coffee break! Back now with Best Friend. Another observation. As well as the outer case being numbered, each individual set is also numbered with the same number. A lot of attention to detail with this.

16. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I do feel for you and your frustration. I've been through this the other way round with Dylan items and it can be annoying. However let me tell you, that the wait will be worthwhile. You have a beautiful item heading your way.

17. WhispersAndWisecracks

WhispersAndWisecracks Forum Resident

Exactly what happened to me, so I contacted them through the form asking if my order can be reactivated. I do not want to use them if they can't even honor that code.

18. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Still no notification from pmuniversal site as to any shipment of my big box set.

19. fspadafora

fspadafora Forum Resident

Same here, must have cancelled a lot. Just use a different email and you can use WELCOME again.

Steve Martin likes this.
  20. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Thanks. I've done that. I also had asked them to reprocess the original order, but hopefully they will just tell me to reorder... I guess I shouldn't have too much trouble selling one for the discounted price if I somehow end up with two.

21. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Out of interest what number? Just might be an indicator of how many of the big sets have been made available.

dormouse likes this.
  22. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

The number is 1211 on all items. So I guess more than 1000!

Oyster Boy likes this.
  23. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Musicvaultz is sold out again.

24. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

OK, Live set over. What a treat! Superb. So glad I took the plunge; after an expensive Autumn of special editions it was a difficult sell. Well worth it though. Where do I go next? Hmm. Decisions, decisions! OK. It's going to be Wild Life Bonus Audio.

streetlegal likes this.
  25. Macca75

Macca75 Forum Resident

MusicVaultz has changed my order status to Processed, it should be on its way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.