Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

And the price is higher now.

Macca75 likes this.
  2. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I don't remember creating an account with them but I've ordered through them the big box. after seeing your email, I went on their site and tried to register but it says I was already registered. And I have not received any emails other than my initial order. So there goes your theory.

3. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I understand that.

I hope you get a box.

This has been a known operating procedure for Music Vaultz. It's just buried in other order posts, and this is a highly sought item. so high profile.

Again, I hope you get a box.

4. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I wonder if this is intentional on Musicvaultz's part.

5. use paypal!

6. use paypal

7. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

If what is intentional? Your credit card company denied the charge, so they cancelled the order. A little annoying they wouldn't try to contact you for an alternate method of payment, but I can certainly understand it for a large automated store like that. We are just in a tough situation because it is a limited item (and in my case the cancellation burned my WELCOME coupon).

But, if you really want to blame someone, blame the vigilance of your credit card company.

sunking101 likes this.
  8. colindpratt

colindpratt Forum Resident

gone now, but i think i got my order in just under the wire! i got order and payment reference #s and cleared the charge with my credit card company (paid with a credit card thru PayPal), but no email confirmation yet. i checked out as a guest/didn't create a uDiscover account, so maybe that's why? feeling nervous...

9. moeson

moeson Forum Resident

Too late

10. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I have no dog in this fight since I didn't order the BBB. It's just that the cynical side of me almost thinks that Musicvaultz used this as an excuse to not honor their low prices on this set so they can relist it at a higher price (it's now been delisted from the Musicvaultz store).

Totally unfounded speculation, of course.

11. WhispersAndWisecracks

WhispersAndWisecracks Forum Resident

Probably didn't help that the billing entity is called DIGITAL STORES. That could certainly look suspicious coming out of nowhere (not that Canada is nowhere, but you know what I mean).

moeson likes this.
  12. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

£36 for these 2LPs today in London is absurd. The recent White 4LP was £40. Is WWL and RRS vinyl flecked with gold leaf or something? Even the 2CDs are £17. The others were £12.99 on release date here. HMV-owned Fopp only had the WWL super deluxe left, the one on the shelf was damaged anyway, by their ridiculous security wraparound string. No RRS super deluxe at all. What a load of ripoff and crap.

Grumpy London transmission over and out :(

Oyster Boy likes this.
  13. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Amazon is saying they have "inventory issues" with the mega set. Looks like a bust.

14. Jack

Jack Senior Member

MusicVaultz processed and on its way.

Miller92473, dasacco and Macca75 like this.
  15. zeejaydee

zeejaydee New Member

Did you get an email?

16. True here I’ve had horrible experiences with Udiscover America and out of four orders that eventually shipped , I only got a shipping notice once. The other times product just showed up one day; weeks or months late.

17. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Gee, thanks for the advice.

18. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Ain't my theory. ;)

19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Well, since I mentioned getting a shipping notice, I'll fill in some details. I actually got the shipping notice TWICE, within a minute. Amusingly, the subject header was: "Your Paul McCartney Store order has shipped". Then, in the body of the email, it says:
    Thank you for your order from Paul McCartney Store. If you have questions about your order, you can email us at [email protected].

Thank you again for your business!

You will receive another email when the physical products in your order have shipped.

Your download link is below.​

It then gave my shipment number (which matched my order number), along with the shipping method (USPS), tracking number. billing info, shipping info, etc. I just love how the email body contradicts the subject. :) And, of course, there is no "download link".

I think we need Arnie to dig up one of his "chimp photos" to accurately display the wisdom of the folks that run this enterprise.*

Box is currently in "pre-shipment" status in Crozet, VA - a mere 2353 miles from my doorstep.

*actually, that would be an insult to chimps!

20. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Grabbed the Red Rose Speedway Reconstructed LP from Amazon last night. It recently came down in price from $38 to $25, then I used my Amazon points, plus they included a 10 percent off coupon. Final total: $13. If RRS was released as a two record set back in the day, it would have probably cost about that much (maybe list price). That does it for me. No Deluxe boxes. Maybe I'll stream them.

Mr. Explorer and sway61 like this.
  21. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

They don't allow paypal.

22. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I have "Processed."

Did you get a shipping confirmation as well? Thanks!

Mr. Explorer and tonewheeltom like this.
  23. sorry! however using paypal is pretty always the solution.. if you buy overseas at least

24. sway61

sway61 Forum Resident

If you haven't figured out by now that Universal Music US is a horrible place to order anything from! Every time I have tried they charge you right away and don't ship the order on time! I am still waiting on the Spotify Green Vinyl of Egypt Station to ship that I ordered months ago! I won't be using them anymore! Good Luck!

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  25. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

Not worried about that. Based on Paul McCartney.com it said First Edition - Sold Out, I'm sure more will be issued. (Without the numbers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.