Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

They're mostly complete plus some really cheesy intros and band interaction with the cartoon mouse lol. Actually they are so cheesy they're fun.

2. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

I think you've answered your own question. :)

3. Solar Dream

Solar Dream Forum Resident

Just listened through my copy.

I'm a little confused by Night Out though. I could've sworn I'd heard a bootleg years ago that had a lead vocal on it. Was that later wiped which is why it isn't on here?

Lewisboogie likes this.
  4. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Think you’re 24 hours late!

5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Unknown right now and since I am leaving for U.K. Sunday, someone else will have to find that one out

dormouse likes this.
  6. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Ok download gate starts here :) the download cards work for both box sets and not for the big box.

peace and love✌Dave

Ricardo Cosinaro and FKA002 like this.
  7. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Listening to Red Rose Speedway vinyl now. I have to say, the inclusion of "Little Woman Love" over, say, "Mama's Little Girl" is extremely puzzling. The former was already on RAM while the latter isn't available at all on remastered vinyl. Capitol are almost treating these reissues as if they're rebooting the entire Archive campaign.

NaturalD and tug_of_war like this.
  8. Phil_Lip

Phil_Lip Forum Resident

Overdubbed during Back To The Egg sessions. Hopefully we'll get that version too.

9. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Gotta get the reconstructed vinyl I guess! But yeah, I see your point. I guess they thought Little Woman Love was too strong to leave off

Mr. Explorer, Wingsfan2012 and jacden like this.
  10. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Was thinking about getting the original Double LP replica for a second when I saw it in a store, but in case an Egypt Station Deluxe Boxset comes out very soon, I'd rather keep some money in my pocket :D

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Oh yeah, I forgot it's on the Reconstructed set. I plan to pick that up next week. Slightly less perplexed now. Thanks :righton:

12. bward

bward Senior Member

I have more than a sneaking suspicion that's exactly what is going to happen
    Has anyone noticed how skimpy the Band On the Run Archive looks compared to most of the others?
    Surely that title alone deserves a better box set fate?
    I'm guessing copies of those Band on the Run demos that were stolen from Paul in Lagos, may be found and included. Not the tapes that were physically stolen from him, of course. Maybe the master tapes that were probably at home, or maybe copies of the tapes he gave to the band members ahead of the trip.
    All total and pure speculation on my part.

Mr. Explorer and Lewisboogie like this.
  13. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks. I just tried the big box download as per card instructions below with no joy.

https://www.paulmccartney.com/redeem/wings1971-73

14. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

That's OK. Have a good journey. Just trying to work out budgets for Christmas. Looks like a cheese and onion sandwich for Christmas lunch!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well at least you got your Big Box. Here in the US , I still haven’t received a shipping notice

Least they could do would be to send download codes so I can get disk #2 of both sets!

16. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I agree BOTR does look a bit skimpy as without that album and the hits that followed this series might not have existed. Sir Paul needed some big hits at that point in my opinion. New big box is lovely and the Live Wings Over Europe could be released as a stand alone tomorrow with no need for warnings re sound quality included going on about historical importance. Great stuff.

17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

i mean, I paid...
    Yes, expensive Christmas......as if I didn’t spend enough.....VIP tickets to Liverpool and London shows!!!

18. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Btw the James Paul McCartney special looks like it comes from the original video master, has slate at the beginning and looks as good as it's ever going to look, really nice.

All the aspects are original and not letterboxed. Live Live and Let Die from Liverpool is grainy black and white and monitor sound but nice.

BBC Newcastle interview is nice, great quality from film.

Videos look nice not leterboxed. Hi HI HI and CMoon a bit grainy but good.

First three Mary videos good, not perfect but good. Fourth Mary noticably better quality from video probably not film as the others. Has speed issues though slows down for a few seconds.

My Love very good better than the Mary videos.

19. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

Anybody pick up the HDtracks version of RSS and can comment on the sound/mastering?

I've gone this route with all the archive releases, the first few (McCartney, BotR, Ram) were done properly with choice between flat transfer or limited transfer. The last few, were not offered this way.

I do have RSS on Fame CD and US vinyl, and I've ordered the Reconstructed RSS ( I tend to go with the unique LPs ...Ram mono being one).
    Cheers!

FKA002 likes this.
  20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

But remember that original Press Release, Paul. To me, it sounds like they had more expansive plans than that:
    This exclusive global arrangement, will cover both physical and digital distribution of McCartney’s treasured post Beatles catalog including landmark solo albums such as McCartney, Ram, McCartney II, Tug Of War, Pipes of Peace, Give My Regards To Broad Street, Press To Play, Flowers in the Dirt, Off the Ground, Flaming Pie, Driving Rain, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, Memory Almost Full, and Good Evening New York City. The classic Wings albums include Wildlife, Red Rose Speedway, Band On The Run, Venus and Mars, Wings At The Speed of Sound, Wings Over America, London Town and Back To The Egg. The catalog also includes the inventive, highly regarded albums recorded under the McCartney pseudonyms Percy “Thrills” Thrillington, The Fireman and Twin Freaks.

21. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Glad to know the James Paul McCartney Show looks great! I would love to see even just a snippet of the restored version!

Shak Cohen and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  22. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Any big differences in the "rough" mixes of the Wild Life tunes?

23. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident

I remember that few weeks ago we came to the conclusion that ICA rehearal is not complete (almost 50 minutes missing); someone can confirm this?

FKA002 likes this.
  24. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

LOL. Honestly, these sorts of things normally bug the Hell out of me, too. So I definitely sympathize with those that are peeved about it.

jacden likes this.
  25. beatlesaint

beatlesaint Forum Resident

Don’t worry, it’s in a plastic bag then inside a thick cardboard box then wrapped in polythene. It will be fine

Wingsfan2012 and theMess like this.