Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I decided a while back, that for special limited releases, to not be temped to shop out of my comfort zone in terms of vendors out of the country to save a few bucks. Too many possible issues with them not having product, shipping issues or return hassles if there are problems with the item.

I'm not a fan at all of Udiscover, but they were the only domestic seller of this big box. I won't buy anything from them that I can buy local or via Amazon.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. moeson

moeson Forum Resident

I am beyond pissed off about this. The box set was a gift to myself in advance of Acoustic Neuroma surgery that has left me single side deaf. It's tough enough dealing with a "mono" world and now this insult to injury.

3. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Same situation for me too. So frustrating.

4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Agreed the last thing I got from UDiscover was the coloured bundle saga from last year. Actually in the UK they do not seem too bad. Big box came today via Hermes a local courier and I got an email giving me a delivery time period. Well packaged in a nice cardboard box stating Wings etc and the box nicely wrapped up in a waterproof cover.

Mazzy and marc roberty like this.
  5. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

My big barn box was delivered earlier. This has to be the heaviest box set ever. No idea how i’m going to store this thing!

6. WhispersAndWisecracks

WhispersAndWisecracks Forum Resident

That's terrible, sorry to hear. If they end up offering the special content separately, I'll definitely get that, but no way I'm ordering this big box now.

longdist01, BlueSpeedway and moeson like this.
  7. WhispersAndWisecracks

I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm sure that's what they'll tell me.

8. zeejaydee

zeejaydee New Member

Can anyone with the Big Box confirm, are the individual sets inside shrink wrapped or not?

9. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Got off the phone with customer service from the Paul McCartney store while on my lunch break. I was able to get my order number and info regarding the box. It should be shipping out of the warehouse in Virgina today and I will get an email once it does so hopefully it willarrive next week. I feel a little better.

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Can you please post the phone number?

11. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Nope or at least mine were not shrink wrapped - just the outer box.

12. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Just got a text (while at work): "Delivered: Your Amazon package with Red Rose Speedway [Box Set] and 1 other item"

Yay! This is going to be a long day at work. As much as I love Red Rose Speedway, I am looking forward to hearing "1 other item". I think "1 other item" is overdue for reevaluation.

1 other item, whatever happened to, whatever happened to?

13. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

Is there any chance that a second "run" of the big box set will occur? I missed out on it when it was first announced....

14. fspadafora

fspadafora Forum Resident

No one knows for sure, but I would be surprised. One chance I guess is if they have a bunch of unsold individual sets, it might make sense for them to try to rebundle them in the BBB.

forthlin likes this.
  15. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

16. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

thank yo
    thank you
    Contacted them and they said the order is in process now. The first step of 3. Should be 1 1/2 weeks and coming out of Virginia. At least they saw my order and confirmed my address.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  17. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

1 Other Item is pretentious, underrated, overrated, overpriced, and after all these years, STILL nobody knows for sure who sang its backing and harmony vocals. You should exchange it for Another Item, which is really good, underrated, and a bargain too :)

Mr. Explorer and BZync like this.
  18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

My order is still active - and it's for a supposed 12/12 delivery, not 12/14.

No change - not shipped but not canceled!

19. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Agreed. Also, Another Item has a great bass line.

It's just Another Item, slippin' into stockings, steppin' into shoes....

Mr. Explorer and BlueSpeedway like this.
  20. WhispersAndWisecracks

And since you've gone you're just another item.

Mr. Explorer, BZync and supermd like this.
  21. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I called that number for Music Today and was told my order was placed at 8am this morning and was awaiting fullfillment. Didn't show that I pre-ordered and paid on 10/19. I got an order number and was told that the order should ship out in a few days.

Wonder if they're just entering random pre-orders in the system over the last day or so. Since this is a limited release. Shouldn't the first orders that were placed be fullfilled first? I sure hope so! Still haven't received a shipping email notification.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Describes what I got. Two emails but one tracking number. In pre-shipment.

23. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Yes, the very big box. A thing of beauty.

sws2000 likes this.
  24. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Anyway, who has the BBB w/the highest serial number, so far? Just to know how many of them were manifactured o_O

25. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Thank you very much. My experience on the phone was very similar to yours. He said it is being prepped for shipment and should be going out by Monday at the latest. I feel better, too. I'm OK waiting a couple weeks, though it will be hard!

joeislive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.