Avengers: Endgame - April 26, 2019*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Trailer dropped today:

I'm ready. I'm planning on this being my final Marvel film, unless something happens that really strongly compels me to keep going. I'm primarily a Cap fan, and I don't have a strong feeling that he's going to be okay after this movie. :cry:

Ant-Man and Hawkeye are in the mix this time though! Hurrah! Overall, the trailer has a much darker tone than the high action/laughs trailer they did for Infinity War.

2. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I liked the wee lift they gave the trailer at the end, lest it be too gloom and doom...

and - HAWKEYE!!!!! :goodie:

Parachute Woman likes this.
  3. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

FTFY :pineapple:

marmalade166 likes this.
  4. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Is that Hawkeye as Ronin?

And does Ant-Man come back from the snap first as he has found a way somehow by shrinking?

rontoon and wayneklein like this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Paul Rudd to the rescue......
    cute.....

6. vince

OT Dept:
    Can't help but think of the long-lost '80's band.....END GAMES!

7. Parachute Woman

Ant-Man was in the quantum realm during the snap. The post credits scene in Ant-Man and the Wasp shows this. He was either protected from the snap because he was in the quantum realm, or he would have been part of the half of the population that randomly lived anyway. His entire support team (Hank, Hope and Janet) all got turned to ash by the snap. The first thing he's going to need to do is figure out how to get out of the quantum realm with no help.

rontoon likes this.
  8. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Got to be him as Ronin.

And I think that being in the Quantum Realm is what kept Ant Man (other than possibly chance and maybe both) from dissipating. Did you see Ant Man & Wasp?

Edit: @Parachute Woman explains it well.

9. Bobby Buckshot

Will be interesting to see if they work the QR's evolutionary aspects into how he gets out and what he can do at this point since he's apparently been multiple times.

10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Wet? :D

11. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

I'm betting this film will close the book on the first decade of the MCU, saying fare thee well to the big (and very expensive) marquee names of Tony Stark/Iron Man, Steve Rogers/Captain America, Thor, and who knows who else, whilst simultaneously transitioning to the newer big names (Black Panther, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, etc) taking the foreground going forward... I'm not convinced Marvel's heretofore unblemished creative/commercial record will hold once this transition happens, losing the likes of Robert Downey Jr will be a mighty big hole to fill, but it's going to be interesting to see nonetheless how it all plays out... I'm sick to the back teeth of superhero movies, but I still dig the MCU (make of that what you will!).

Like the Bond movies, once this upcoming new MCU installment is released, unless the films after that are works of greatness in their own right, I think I'll be hopping off this particular train too... Endgame really does feel like a natural end to everything they've been building up to for eleven years, I'm in with both feet, but afterwards... that remains to be seen...

12. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I wonder if Hawkeye's wife and children were snapped away...? :cry:

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Yes please....not sure where they go from here without recycling the same old super hero tropes

14. Parachute Woman

I'd say that makes a lot of sense, especially if he has left his home and is out fighting rogue. I'd say this film is going to have some heartbreaking bits, but I just hope there's a finale with lots of reunions and people finding their loved ones again. There will be sacrifices and real deaths in this film, for sure, but they will all be in service of the larger goal: reversing the snap and restoring so many billions of people (and animals!) back to life.

marmalade166 likes this.
  15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Right, ta. I have not seen that film yet, getting it for Xmas!

16. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Interesting to note, after this storyline came to it's conclusion in the books (took a coupla years!), it's as if Marvel's creative juices disappeared! Curious to see how this all plays out on the screen.

17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

That must have been a pocket-post! Sorry!

Anyway, I really liked the last film, and looking forward to this one. I suspect it's going to be the end of an era, which is sad, but I reckon they'll come up with new movies with other heroes (*cough* Moon Knight) that I can enjoy. Or I can just get off the boat before it starts to capsize. It would be nice to walk away with a good taste in my mouth (unlike other franchises, who shall remain nameless STAR WARS, where I literally feel like someone used my mouth as a toilet).

I was underwhelmed by this particular trailer. I'm sure the film is going to be fine, but I didn't think the trailer was that well put together. It didn't rev my engine.

19. vince

Perhaps, a little 'extra-hype' from Mr. Kevin Smith will help rev your engine!

20. Parachute Woman

I have to agree with Mr. Smith. I love this teaser. And that's what it is--a teaser, not a full trailer. I like that it was slower paced, didn't show much, focused just on these characters we have been with for so long. Tony's call to Pepper is a heartbreaker. I have a tremendous amount of faith in the Russo Brothers. I think they have completely cracked the code on how to make a perfect superhero movie. I think this film is going to be an emotional ride.

Very much looking forward to Ronan, as well as possible time travel (people have been speculating that since Infinity War came out). I would very much love to see Steve and Peggy finally get their dance...

(This is an especially good teaser when compared to the no-new-footage tease that GOT dropped today.)

marmalade166 and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  21. Bobby Buckshot

Good pick up. Could be why in this teaser they make sure to show him looking at her picture.

22. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

wow, i was totally surprised they moved it up a week.

(#Sarcasm)

23. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Oh, and ENDGAME is a lame subtitle.

JPagan likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I'm certain that Captain America is done after this one, but I'm afraid that if Iron Man goes also, then it's the start of a slow decline for the MCU. Downey's been the anchor for this whole journey and I really don't think that any of the newer characters have his appeal.

The Hermit, Vidiot and PTgraphics like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.