Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Full Circle

Full Circle Forum Resident

I just ordered the six boxes from Amazon.de, too. After having them in my Amazon(us) cart probably since the time they first came out, I finally decided to get them all because it was such a good deal-came out to $111.82.

footlooseman likes this.
  2. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Now Im intrigued. That price is with or without shipping? Anyway i think we ve got a great deal. I suppose it wont be cheapper than this.

Full Circle likes this.
  3. Full Circle

Full Circle Forum Resident

That is with shipping to Southern California! Every time I order from an Amazon outside the U.S., I’m intrigued with how they calculate all the costs. When I do it’s a better deal anyway so that helps, too. Enjoy the boxes and a great deal, Luis!

4. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Thanks, i will. This for me (even with all the lower points mentioned on this thread) is my dream box of all time.
    I suppose you will have to wait a bit more than me for the boxes to arrive. Lucky me.

Right now i saw that the 67 volume seems unvailable now. Right on time for you, congrats.

Full Circle likes this.
  5. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Correction. The 67 volume still available. Just not showing so easilly in my search as the other volumes, dont know why.

6. Ryan Bedlack

Ryan Bedlack Forum Resident

Damn, the version of Nightmare (Cymbaline) on The Man & The Journey show is so awesome!

7. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

I could listen to cymbaline a thousand times in a row in any version. That one in that show is great. Its my favorite Floyd song.

Off topic: im problably the only floydian in the universe for wich More is my favorite Floyd álbum by far.

8. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

you might well be, but to be fair it is a great album.

rontoon likes this.
  9. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

About this show i really dont like the man suite, think its quite boring, for me the exception is the nightmare. But Journey is great. Its a shame Gilmour's voice, though i think with time become used to it.

JulesRules likes this.
  10. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

You can count me in :wave:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  11. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Im not alone anymore. Thanks. :righton:

12. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

More is fantastic, and would be even better, had they included 'Seabirds' at the time. Beats me why they never did that. Seems that one's lost forever now.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  13. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

More is one of their very best albums, no doubt about it.

andrewskyDE and Kalli like this.
  14. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

You bet. My big disappointment with More is the absense of Seabirds. As far as we could ear in the movie the song is great. Its also my big disappointment in EY.
    My theory why the song dont make it into the album is that were problably some issue with it, like a big mistake or something.

15. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

I thought it had been established earlier in the thread that they couldn't find it?

16. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

I was talking of the non inclusion on More in 69. Its rather strange (at least for me) since i found that song great.

Sytze likes this.
  17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I really love this album, too. You're definitely not alone with this.

18. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Plus, one more non-instrumental on side two wouldn't have hurt...

JulesRules likes this.
  19. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Imagine the 'Spanish Piece' being longer, starting with spanish guitar and then it flows into electric guitars, full band and jamming.

20. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Now youre talking.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

You also said you were disappointed it wasn't on EY.

Presumably if they couldn't find it recently the same had applied decades ago when More was put together.

22. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Sorry i was not very clear.
    I acept the "couldnt find it" for EY but find very strange they couldnt find it in 69. But any theory is possible. Who knows...

bobcat likes this.
  23. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I’m thinking about getting some of the stand alone sets and am interested in people ‘s opinion on Reverber/ation? I guess my main interest is the quad mix of Echoes. I ordered the Devi/ation set off of EBay for around $30. I also have the two CD sampler of the set but not yet listened to all of it. First impression was that the mastering was a bit bright. Which of the earlier sets is essential? I have 3 bootleg CDs of BBC sessions material that I bought a few years back and always thought they sounded pretty fantastic.

24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

A remix of OBC

but no mono Saucer!

what were they thinking?!

Big Pasi likes this.
  25. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Honestly, I think the video and surround content is the main draw (and the reason I haven’t bought any of these sets). I have great sounding boots of most of the live stuff which freely circulate and have streamed a lot of the rest of the box - on YouTube. General consensus is that the boots sound as good or better for most of the material.
    I don’t have a surround system and I would probably watch the video at most once.

Six Bachelors and Jam757 like this.