Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

An industry contact.

Why go to the expense of pulling the mix? There are agreements in place!

2. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

LOL! That's funny!

3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Okay then. That will make the AJ 5.1 mix even more of a rarity.

anth67 and makedatmusic like this.
  4. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I dont have a bluray burner ...
    Where can i get one?

5. rontoon

You can buy a Blu-ray burner on Amazon these days pretty cheap. Shoot me a PM and I'll show you.

drum_cas and mark winstanley like this.
  6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

As a gift, I only rec'd a DVD with the mix. Glad Rontoon could help you.

mark winstanley likes this.
  7. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

"You guys were such an amazing live band, but yet there are so few live albums. I’m sure the fans would love some sort of series of archival live releases.
    we didn’t tape shows. I’m sorry we never filmed and recorded a Dark Side, Animals or Wish You Were Here show, really.

There’s really nothing from the entire Animals tour you could put out?
    No, there’s nothing. We really should have done the whole thing, filmed and recorded it properly."

This is in the ballpark of when you found out Santa Claus wasn't real. There is no panacea. There's no gold at the end of the rainbow over the horizon.

andrewskyDE, Hush, NunoBento and 6 others like this.
  8. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I always understood that the film was too dark and that this was the main reason not to release it. I have seen a bootleg DVD which I think is part of this and it is clearly professional shot but not enjoyable to watch. But maybe modern technology can improve this.

9. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

If any band deserved a great reissuing on vinyl its floyd....i have the pro-use dsotm, the cbs half speed wywh, the mfsl meddle, mfsl dsotm, but i think someone like AP or the new Mofi should redo dsotm, obscured by clouds, meddle, wywh, animals and the wall... Obscured and Animals need to have great represses done to audiophile specs....sorry if this isnt a vinyl freindly thread but i had too post

pinkrudy likes this.
  10. rontoon

You weren't watching the film footage shot by Alan Parker you were watching a bootleg that was shot on video. The short clips of film footage that has surfaced and been released looks awesome!

Video footage:

Film footage (Happiest Days only):
    Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2 (1980) DVD

11. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Agreed, and as a Delicate Sound fan I would love to see a better quality release, but the interview and my point was really about Animals. It seems clear they didn’t get any good multi tracks or video from the In The Flesh tour, which is a tremendous shame.

Edit: and it has been said that Gilmour has minimal enthusiasm for Delicate Sound, and if DG doesn’t want to do it, it’s not going to happen.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    DementedAvenger likes this.
  12. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

This looks awesome indeed. Would be great to see this released

13. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

The Wall Immersion set clip was the biggest tease! I remember watching it at the time(2012) and, along with Roger’s still in progress tour, that this must surely herald a full release at some point. Cue Roger’s rather confusing SDE of his The Wall tour boxset and we still have nothing. Fingers crossed for the anniversary of the studio album next year.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  14. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I never really warmed to Animals, Atom Heart Mother's ambition was far greater than the band was capable of at that exact juncture, and I can probably count the number of times I've listened to The Final Cut on one hand. But I guess the great thing about Floyd is that every album was different. But it's an uneven run, IMO.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  15. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

I would love to see a newly edited version of DSOT, because i absolutely hate those slow-motion effects on the original film.

16. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

No, of course, but they were pissed that audience recordings of material they hadn't yet recorded at that point were showing up in record shops so probably didn't want to risk high quality ones getting out.

17. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

That's fair i suppose.
    I disagree. Great run of albums

18. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I am with you. In The Flesh might have very probably been the greatest Rock n Roll tour of all time and we have nothing out of it.
    Just the ones who were actually there know how was it.

19. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

My understanding was that the projection effects didn't show up well on film and that was the reason to scrap the concert movie.
    I'd like to think that with the original projection films and modern technology, the second half of the concert could be cleaned up enough to warrant a release. I don't think that it will ever happen.

20. rontoon

The original idea for the film was to only use a few sequences of the live performance in the movie. I don't think the projections would have played a big part in this. And the projections look fine from the footage I've seen from The Trial.

After viewing the latest cut of the film around 2010 Waters commented that he felt that it was "very moving."

21. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Then he should "move" it into production. Get it into theaters for a limited engagement. The DG Pompeii show drew big crowds for one night, I would think that The Wall could do even better.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  22. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Nick Mason says he thinks that a box set celebrating Pink Floyd’s 1977 album Animals is likely to happen at some point in the future.

Pink Floyd’s The Early Years 1965 - 1972 box set launched back in 2016 and was split into six individual volumes in March this year. And asked about the possibility of Animals receiving the same treatment, Mason tells Rolling Stone: “I think it will eventually happen.”

He continues: “It’s just sort of slow because of differences of opinion about how to do it or what to put on it, but I’m sure it will eventually happen.

“Of all our albums that have been re-released, that’s the one that would benefit the most from a sort of reworking.”

Nick Mason ponders Pink Floyd Animals box set... and possibly playing Echoes live

23. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

The Acoustic Sounds catalog lists the Animals SACD as coming out in 2019.

24. Wolfspaw

Wolfspaw Forum Resident

12-30-2019???

Instant Dharma likes this.
  25. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

Is this in a printed catalog ? It is not on their web site at all.

Shvartze Shabbos and pfausto like this.