Godzilla-King of the Monsters .2019

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amonjamesduul, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident Thread Starter

Didn't see any threads here about this upcoming movie,the new trailer looks cool but apparently monsters don't like to fight in the daylight anymore.

SandAndGlass and shepherdfan like this.
  2. I get a kick out of Godzilla's ever changing size, sometimes even in the same movie.
    In the early movies Godzilla is about 150 feet tall and in the later versions he is about 500 feet tall.

One thing I really think they need to get right is the roar.
    In this montage the roars from around the 20 second mark through the one minute mark are my choice.

Hall Cat and vinnie like this.
  3. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

The abundance of dark teal and dust is kind of off putting. On the other hand, Mothra probably doesn't look her best in bright, clear daylight.

SandAndGlass and Shawn like this.
  4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Man in that last shot ole Godzilla has quite a beer gut....I better check the label on my next Sapporo.

5. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Godzilla 4: Rehab!

Robert C, rontoon and marmalade166 like this.
  6. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Godzilla does look a bit portly.

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Why not? I don't they've made a good one since 1958. At least this one looks like it has plenty of monster action.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  8. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Allergic to sunscreen? :D

amonjamesduul likes this.
  9. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Goodzilla needs to work out with richard simmons

10. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

It's mostly water weight.

I think he looks pretty badass

SandAndGlass and rontoon like this.
  11. amonjamesduul

I'm thinking that the designers are trying to keep some aspects from the man in a suit design and that means the thick legs and they may look funny with a smaller torso.

12. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

He (she?) looked much fatter in the last US movie. And the new animated Godzilla series that can be seen in the US on Netflix, Godzilla looks insanely huge and fat with a tiny little head. This movie's version at least makes Godzilla a *little* leaner, the back fins look a bit more like the classic 50's/60's version and it appears they got rid of the stumpy elephant feet which looked beyond stupid in the last movie. I know the last Japanese Godzilla movie from 2016 was incredibly divisive among Godzilla fans but I thought the look and how they handled Godzilla's powers and the fact Godzilla was constantly evolving put that version of Godzilla near the apex of the series...

mrstats, rontoon, The Hud and 2 others like this.
  13. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I agree. I’ve been watching Godzilla movies since I was a little kid and I know he changes a decent amount. I haven’t seen Shin yet. I’ve been trying to but last I looked it wasn’t on Netflix or Hulu.

rontoon likes this.
  14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the plan is to eventually get Godzilla and the big ape from Skull Island together! I think this is the primary reason they made Kong so much bigger.

15. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Yeah, the King Kong vs Godzilla movie is already filming in Atlanta for a 2020 release. I don't know how they'll top this movie considering it looks like an eleventy billion dollar remake of Destroy All Monsters.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  16. I prefer the old versions when Godzilla was just a guy in a suit.

17. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Oh yeah - this is the summer movie I need to see. Monster-movie lover here.

18. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

I do wish they had made Godzilla's head more reptilian. I do not like the shape of his snout.

19. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

As long as he picks up a bus and throws it back down as he Wades through the building to the center of town I’m good.

Complier, SandAndGlass, Shawn and 3 others like this.
  20. I think the monsters are showmen at heart.
    They fight at night to best showcase their lightning bolts, atomic breath, dorsal plate beams and other flashy defenses.
    Besides, night time helps hide the massive blood pools from all the accidentally stomped humans.

21. amonjamesduul

Maybe even more monster fodder will be in it along with Kong .Also they seem to be playing up G as the good guy /protector of Earth so I can't see Kong being the bad guy.What I think will happen is Godzilla will turn on mankind since man is killing earth or something.

22. Zatoichi

Zatoichi Forum Resident

and doing Kung Fu moves

23. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I think 98 design was more unique than this..
    Let predator kill with nuclear arm gauntlet
    as seen in first predator open wide godzilla..
    take your medicine..

24. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Pretty sure the most un-threatening monster ever conceived is supposed to be making an appearance; Mothra!!! This one's just gonna be a video game on film!

25. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

As excited as I am to see this movie, I wonder why it's so damn dark. Aren't these the kinds of visual tricks - darkness, rain, smoke - digital effects were supposed to liberate audiences from seeing the wires, matte lines, seams in the monster suits, etc? Take the Mighty Kong in Peter Jackson's King Kong or Kong: Skull Island - whatever you think of either movie, neither is shy about showing us what we came to see - big monsters in full daylight.

Saw the Dunkin Donuts sign...and I'm thinking Boston's gonna get some hot monster action!

PhilBorder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.