It just isn't Christmas without...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Trace, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wife, kids and to everyone's dismay Bob Dylan's Christmas album:goodie:

2. Converse

Converse Well-Known Member

Laugh.:yikes:

RSteven and Fishoutofwater like this.
  3. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Apparently the act of snow skiing or a picture there of also inspires a fantastic Christmas album as I rate Johnny Mathis and Nat King Cole's two iconic albums as the greatest vocal holiday albums ever from the Golden Age of Christmas. Both of these albums are always in heavy rotation at my home as is Michael Bublé's Christmas, Percy Faith's Music Of Christmas and John Klein's recently remastered Real Gone Music Living Stereo version of A Christmas Sound Spectacular. I wrote the liner notes on that last historic release and I am mighty proud to have had a hand in getting it released on CD for the very first time in its original Living Stereo version.

mmars982 likes this.
  4. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

5. FredV

FredV Senior Member

6. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

The Snowmen - "Hokey Cokey".

Something slightly sinister about them...a childhood favourite all the same, though.

7. Baby Its Cold Outside :hide:

8. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Sia's album "Everyday Is Christmas". It was only released last year, but I can't imagine ever wanting to go through December without hearing it several times. Love it.

9. zen

zen Senior Member

Talking to a friend last night about Xmas music. He couldn't remember the last time he heard the Kinks "Father Christmas" or ELP's "I Believe in Father Christmas" in shops, malls, or even on the Xmas radio stations. I can't say I've heard them lately like I do, "Wonderful Christmas Time." Could it be two of the best Xmas songs are being ignored...hope not.

10. Charlie DJ

Charlie DJ Forum Resident

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

always been my fav especially Dean's version...pox on those creep who found time to pick it apart....they are confused... back when it was written ppl were in a better place back then...I really really loathe those PC creatures...

12. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Hallelujah. I'd say more, but its not worth it.

RSteven and Michael like this.
  13. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Black metal !!!

14. Michael

Indeed!

RSteven likes this.
  15. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

But what's the connection with Christmas?

Michael likes this.
  16. Michael

and I'll add there is absolutely nothing wrong with any line in that song...what's in this drink? BOOZE. Geez, what makes these nuts look into a song written in 1944 that's 74 friggin years old?!!!!? lot's of idle time on their hands and very very sick little gutter minds...they need a boulder instead of a rock to crawl back under...

Frederick Mars and RSteven like this.
  17. Michael

18. Hoover Factory

Hoover Factory Old Dude Who Knows Things

Love that song - always bring a smile. And its inspired by a real event - the 1914 “Christmas Truce”

clhboa likes this.
  19. Hoover Factory

Hoover Factory Old Dude Who Knows Things

I’m sure they would find the old “Dean Martin Roasts” problematic too. I find them LMAO funny.

Michael and RSteven like this.
  20. Michael

jail time would be issues and the show would be banded and burned...Damn, Don Rickles would be drawn and quartered...
    I love and own many of The Roasts on DVD! Killer funny when we knew how to separate comedy from reality...sickening how low we have gone with no end in sight...It will get worse if one can even imagine...

blastfurniss and RSteven like this.
  21. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Sammy H:hide:agar!

22. Mesozoic Mike

Mesozoic Mike Forum Resident

23. skateaway

skateaway Forum Resident

....shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops, sunglasses and sunscreen.

24. Michael

sounds great in true stereo!

25. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

It just isn’t Christmas without me putting on the tortuously awful mid-late 70s Rankin Bass animated “sequels” like Rudolph’s Shiny New Year and Rudolph and Frosty’s Christmas in July. Drives the family batty...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.