Paul McCartney releases surprising new single 'Get Enough'...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lazydynamite, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

He talked about the song in GQ last year. Maybe it would have been on the super deluxe edition.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

“John would have been so all over [insert bad idea here]” is a great all-purpose argument for Paul, especially since John isn’t here to say what a load of bollocks that idea is actually is.

3. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

"I know better than Paul McCartney what John Lennon would have done" is rarely a good argument.

4. Socalguy

Socalguy Forum Resident

He’s not singing, he’s warbling. It’s not pleasant. Huge respect for the man, but someone should’ve pulled the plug on this. Sorry.

5. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

6. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Eh, actually like it, especially the Beach Boys' harmonies. Prefer it to a few that made the album.

angelees likes this.
  7. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Quickly I got enough. Cher did it before and better

8. angelees

angelees Forum Resident

You really tell yourself that, OK :crazy:

It’s the first day of 2019 and I still like the song. Are we sure a vocoder is not being used in some way on this song? It kind of sounds like it. :shrug: I love the psychedelic drop.

You do realize that a) someone can come up with an idea entirely separately from what someone else does and b) even if it is similar to a riff he uses that doesn’t make it plagiarism. In that case I saw her standing there would also be ‘plagarised,’

lazydynamite likes this.
  9. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Nice start to the year, new bit of McCartney.

10. angelees

angelees Forum Resident

Me too, I’ve just got to accept it, really.

First of all, KANYE was influenced by Bon Iver. Though now that I think about it Creeks wasn’t popular, either. My dream collabs now include Paul working with Bon Iver and Paul Working with Vampire Weekend. Second, See I was comparing those tracks. And while I initially thought I liked Creeks better... uh Get Enough has a much better hook and a cool psych breakdown that is also awesome. So overall I think I like what Creeks does with basically a capella vocals but what Paul is doing is different and also good.

11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

kanye west and a beatle.......the horror.......the horror........

SRC and broshfab4 like this.
  12. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

"Happy With You" is kind of similar to "Mama's Little Girl" (and Put It There, Mother Nature's Son)

MPLRecords likes this.

13. Was should replace Is.

14. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

Kanye was definitely influenced by Bon Iver as they both collaborated on a few occasions (I love My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy!). I'd love to see Paul collaborate with some more 'indie' or 'left-field' producers, but I think Nigel Godrich is as good as we'll get... Hopefully I'll be proven wrong but I'll still listen to everything he puts out regardless!

15. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

16. Meat City kicks this song into the gutter.

17. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Let’s assume Paul is right, Auto-Tune was invented in 1966, and John demanded that George Martin use it on Strawberry Fields Forever and A Day in the Life. “Make it sound like a thousand robot Tibetan monks, George!” It’s certainly possible, but I’m glad we don’t live in that alternate reality.

Cronverc and Yorick like this.
  18. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I suppose this new tune (and more?) makes it onto the Egypt Station deluxe edition.

Chemguy likes this.
  19. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Yeah, I quite like Who Cares.

But... not this one. I can see why it was left off the album.

20. lazydynamite

lazydynamite Forum Resident Thread Starter

Swimming against the tide on this thread but on my 4/5 listen tonight I actually think this new track is very decent.Infact my main gripe is that it is too short and the lovely ending part could have been extended like many of the tracks that made the album..So it's a positive vibe from me and the vocals sound different and interesting.

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The man's lost his marbles. Very bad idea, trying to be trendy and failing.

22. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

My only gripes are the singing and the music...and the AutoRuin.

Zeki, punkmusick, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  23. lazydynamite

lazydynamite Forum Resident Thread Starter

I get your point but surely he knows he is never going to be trendy?....I just think he likes to try different stuff and gets bored with the same old ways.Of course purists are going to hate that but I really think he could not care less.He would take a modern day hit if one came along.sure.But for me he is only chasing pleasing himself and keeping from getting bored.

Paul H likes this.
  24. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

In my humble opinion - the song is pretty good, but the vocal treatments render it unlistenable. It's a shame. I really hope it's not something McCartney chooses to explore further.

Galaga King likes this.
  25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I know it's your thread I acknowledge it ( go back and check). But this recording ( and it's a single ) is truly awful and this is coming from a h u g e McCartney fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.