The Raconteurs: "Help Us Stranger" (Out 6/21/19)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brendan K, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident Thread Starter

The news that The Raconteurs are releasing new music in 2019 has already been distributed, but I figured it's time for an official album thread for what's coming soon due to the public release of Sunday Driver/Now That You're Gone.

Loving these two tracks, and can't wait for the album release! Curious to see what others think.

Teufelzkerl, BGLeduc, Sean and 22 others like this.
  2. Brendan K

3. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Now that Jack has released a straight-up guitar rock song like "Sunday Driver," maybe some folks can stop whining about the inventive Boarding House Reach.:D

4. Brendan K

I enjoy Boarding House Reach more than any of his other solo efforts! I feel like these singles have the production quality of Boarding House Reach with the songwriting style of Broken Boy Soldiers Raconteurs material. Definitely unique.

5. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I think Brendan Benson probably takes the edge off of Jack's crazier tendencies, which really aren't all that crazy to being with.

I'm sure Pitchfork simply cannot wait to give the new album a 4.4.

6. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

They've just been added to BluesFest in Byron Bay next spring, so here's hoping for a full summer tour!

New songs sound great! Jack's tone in both is so fiery I thought my headphones might singe my hair! And Brendan continues to show he's got one of the smoothest, ageless voices in rock.

Fabulously recorded too!

7. Now that is some real rock'n'roll. Can't wait to buy the LP...

2141, Noonie, mj_patrick and 4 others like this.
  8. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

And I never thought I would see Jack playing a Flying V! :cool:

9. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Sunday Driver is great. Now That You're Gone doesn't do much for me. So far anyway.

wavethatflag likes this.
  10. Digging "now that you're gone" more than "sunday driver" but maybe that'll change. Sounds really well recorded, hopeful they do the LP right! Glad they have a new album coming out regardless.

11. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

Love the raw "you're in the studio" sound on the recordings. As for the songs, "Sunday Driver" is great, and "Now That You're Gone" is growing on me...

12. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I've been waiting for this for a long time!

wavethatflag likes this.
  13. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Both new songs sound great! Looking forward to the album.

LilacTeardrop and wavethatflag like this.
  14. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I love this music and am so tired of people dissing Jack White all over the place. The Raconteurs are my favorite but I like other things he's done almost as much, okay except that bit with his sister in the low budget movie of people talking or smoking or whatever... that was something I won't care if I see again ever... not that it was bad either if you're into that kind of pretentious art film deal... oh, just turn the music up loud! This is good stuff Maynard!

15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Found a Raconteurs disc in a dollar bin last weekend. Enjoying it quite a bit. May very well be interested in checking out the new material.

longdist01 and wavethatflag like this.
  16. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Sounds really good to me. I've always liked The Raconteurs way more than Jack's other "side" project, The Dead Weather.

17. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I was smart enough not to buy the thing or whatever you want to call it, so I personally had no reason to whine. I have been content waiting for the new Raconteurs to land...lets hope its as good as "Consolers of The Lonely". Can't wait and what a way to start the new year off right with some kick as$ new music!

18. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

I miss Mr. Gillis's old band.

stewedandkeefed likes this.
  19. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Looking forward to this. It's been way too long since The Raconteurs have released any music. Hopefully these two tracks are just the tip of the iceberg.

20. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

21. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

The Raconteurs were the band that turned me onto White, I wasn't put under the spell of The White Stripes like so many when White Blood Cells came out and even relented when Elephant appeared.

It was through The Raconteurs I started to fall for his charms, enjoyed Broken Boy Soldiers but totally got blown away by Consolers of The Lonely, through BBS I got into TWS although it will always be The Raconteurs I favour and COTL is my favourite White release period.

Really like the first blast I had on Sunday Driver & Now That You're Gone, only heard on my phone through Spotify on my headphones. Will likely get a chance to spin the 7" from the new vault package over the weekend.

I'm Also going to give the new Consolers pressing a spin although the original isn't exactly to be sniffed at.

Will very much look forward to the album in 2019.

22. Matisse

Matisse I said me gotta go now

I agree, it’s ridiculous. He’s awesome.

Just received the latest vault package! Listening now - absolutely stunning pressing of Consolers and happy with the 7”. Very excited about the new album! Such a great live band too, looking forward to see them again.

23. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Absolutely loving both of the new tracks. I was a bit perplexed by Boarding House Reach (didn't hate it, didn't love it either) but new Raconteurs music has me very excited. They were a big band for me when I was in college and I honestly didn't think they'd ever release another album. I love how they are really a collaborative effort between Jack and Brendan--I think they play very well off of one another. I'm thrilled to hear some great bluesy sounds in the new songs, "Now That You're Gone" especially. Can't wait for the new record.

24. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

"Sunday Driver " grabs you more on first listen than "Now That You're Gone', but I have a feeling the latter grows on you.

Loving Gia too.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  25. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Like these two songs.

JoeF. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.