Qobuz music streaming discussion and news

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stereosound, Jul 12, 2018.

1. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

Capture

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again - no idea how I got it through if they aren't live?

See for yourself.

lpfreak1170 likes this.
  2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Not yet. It's still under private beta. They will go to public beta soon. Some people are getting in edgeways, though.

I was going to screw around with VMs, but decided that might mess up my ability to register legitimately once the store officially opens.

500Homeruns likes this.
  3. Grant

You can sample stuff, maybe even stream whole content, but my interest is in the store. I can't buy anything.

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Grant what are you looking for that other providers (US stores) don't have?
    What they are selling is still region locked.
    I checked a couple weeks ago as I can switch between stores.

5. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

When you go to your account settings, it says what country you are registered in... does it say USA or UK?

6. StateOfTheArt

Definitely US

7. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Thanks... very interesting.

8. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

So I clicked through from the White Album post and I'm in farther than I have been. I've downloaded the desktop app installer. I imagine you had to sign up...did you use your facebook login or the other?

9. allegro

allegro Well-Known Member

I can speculate that Qobuz have delayed the US full launch until the bugs are worked out of their Windows desktop app for Windows 10. When using the official app I often have problems with sound starting to distort after listening for ten minutes or so requiring an app restart to fix. I gave the free trial of Audirvana+ a go and Qobuz works great with it, so I bought Audirvana+ for Qobuz and use the Tidal desktop player. The only problem I had with Tidal was drop outs streaming MQA files when I owned a Brooklyn DAC+. Now that I listen with a Yggdrasil I just have Tidal set to do the first unfold to 24/96. I could never really hear a difference between 96 and 192 rate files anyways:)

10. StateOfTheArt

Yes - I used facebook and got right in.

TonyCzar and lpfreak1170 like this.
  11. allegro

If you are in the US you may be able to bypass Facebook and register at Qobuz - Unlimited high quality streaming.

Just click Try For Free and create an account with your email and a password. Since I already have an account I did not go any further but if you click through and they ask you for a credit card you are home free I bet.

lpfreak1170 and StateOfTheArt like this.
  12. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I created an account a couple of months ago to preview the service. I haven’t been able to log in for several weeks. It says my account does not exist. Aaargh!

13. allegro

I did the same thing and had to gave them a credit card to sign up back in November when the beta was open. Now I get charged every month. Have you tried contacting customer service at Qobuz? You could also contact David Craff by PM at another forum, he is the Qobuz Product Manager. Hope this helps!

14. StateOfTheArt

I downloaded the app just to make sure it really wasn't a fluke. That went through as well. Did you get in?

15. lpfreak1170

Unfortunately not. The facebook button does nothing when I click it.

16. StateOfTheArt

That's so odd. I'm sorry, not trying to rub it in.

17. lpfreak1170

Oh it's good. I thought I was in from the installer. Clicked login with FB...it asked for my e-mail and password...put them in and it went to a screen saying to treat the above URL like it was my password, but there was no URL...lol. I'll give the link @allegro gave me a shot next.

18. lpfreak1170

I'm in! Thank you!!

19. Mesozoic Mike

Mesozoic Mike Forum Resident

Won't work with Windows XP, but Tidal does.

20. Bo Hejselbaek

Bo Hejselbaek Member

The desktop version for Windows works great In my oppinion. May be an issue for US users only until launched.

21. Bo Hejselbaek

Bo Hejselbaek Member

The desktop app for Windows runs perfectly. You can download for offline use or stream directlt in the quality your subscription tier allows.

22. Grant

A store with a large lossless music selection. Qobuz has that.

c-eling and Bo Hejselbaek like this.
  23. Bo Hejselbaek

Bo Hejselbaek Member

I honestly think I use the Qobuz store for purchasing hi-res albums more than I use my streaming privileges. Not part of the streaming generation obviously :)

Grant and c-eling like this.
  24. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Desktop offlining is attractive. Tidal doesn't allow it.

Hi-res playback and Android mobile were having a hard time getting in bed together, even for simple playback, last time I shopped. The devices I ended up buying were too expensive (and clunky) to cart around the streets with me, so they became at-home devices.

25. Bo Hejselbaek

Bo Hejselbaek Member

My Moto Z has no problem playing hi-res 24-bit flac files. But the built-in DAC probably doesn't output that quality. Still sounds amazing. But for offline on my phone I usually download mp3 or just lossless. My DAP player gets the full hi-res files.