50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

...not half as bad, though.

tinnox, PhoffiFozz and bherbert like this.
  2. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

"Not half!"

3. zipp

zipp Forum Resident

I just wanted to say that I finally got this box set and look forward to commenting on it once I've read the last five hundred pages of this thread.

Hopefully that will be before the next box set is released...

maxwell2323, forthlin, tinnox and 4 others like this.
  4. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Since we didn't get a replica of a promo poster with this 'White Album' deluxe edition (as we did with the 'Sgt. Pepper' box), I printed out an 8-inch-long copy of this promo poster on glossy heavy paper stock and slipped it inside the book. It doubles as a very nice bookmark!

[​IMG]

5. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Here's the poster in HD, taken from an official PDF of the Deluxe Book:
    [​IMG]

Bonus:
    [​IMG]

Extra Bonus:
    [​IMG]

6. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Yes, you'll notice I tweaked the color of the fonts on the far-right yellow panel of the poster.
    And I used that high-res line drawing as cover art for a DVD I created to accompany the deluxe edition -- although I created a color version of the drawing as seen below. The DVD has all three videos for Hey Jude in excellent quality, both videos for Revolution, and, separately, the "Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" intros and the special edits of the two songs, plus a few other bits and pieces.

[​IMG]

Billy Budapest, jmxw, oboogie and 4 others like this.
  7. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

I hope you included the clips of George and John separately singing a bit of 'Hey Jude' on TV- George on Smothers Brothers in Burbank, John on Frost Programme in London.

tinnox likes this.
  8. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Should be on the Blu-ray menu, stereo and mono listed upfront on first screen.

tinnox likes this.
  9. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I got the deluxe set for Christmas and was wondering, does the BEAT label bootleg contain any material that is not contained in this set? I generally don't hang onto bootlegs unless they have some unique content.

PaulMcCartneysGhost and tinnox like this.
  10. Thanks guys for doing Apple's job.

11. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

12. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

13. I heard something very interesting on Breakfast with the Beatles this morning, something that not only had I never heard, but in 47 years of listening to the Beatles, had never heard OF:

Chris Carter, without any explanation, played a version of Birthday that had several start/stop moments towards the end of the song, where after “you say it’s your birthday,” the music would stop, then quickly start up, and then stop again after “it’s my birthday too, yeah,” etc. It did this start/stop thing repeatedly until just about the end of the song. There might have been some other mix differences, too. The SiriusXM title for the song was Birthday (Edit). Is this version buried somewhere in the 50th Anniversary box? If so, I have not encountered it yet, although I have not made my way through the entire track list. Thanks!

tinnox likes this.
  14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Probably made from the Rock Band “multitracks”.

Morton LaBongo, Onder and tinnox like this.
  15. It was broadcast on SiriusXM, though, during the course of a regular program, without any fanfare. They don’t broadcast “fan made” material.

tinnox and Kim Olesen like this.
  16. TonyClifton63

TonyClifton63 Forum Resident

Any idea where this came from?

tinnox likes this.
  17. I’m contacting Chris Carter. I’ll let you know what he says.

tinnox likes this.
  18. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

My only complaint about the hardcover book in the super deluxe is a lack of MAD DAY OUT photos. There's, what, five of them in there? There should be 20+ Mad Day Out pictures in this special release. Are they really that expensive for Apple to get the publishing license? A separate tangible folio, like McCartney did in the WWL/RRS editions, that's a small Mad Day Out photo book would have been even better!

andrewskyDE, tinnox and superstar19 like this.
  19. It’s something along those lines.

Kim Olesen, tinnox and Onder like this.
  20. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

Heh heh.... but ALL kiddin' aside.... BIG expectations for an ATMOS remix of this one!!!! If we're not getting stereo subwoofers rattlin' and height speakers a hissin' and harmonies a tweetin' then Sam &Giles oughta let us know now!!!!!

fogalu and tinnox like this.
  21. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

I'm thinking the next two are going to be Christmas releases... I can see the 09/09 release date for Abbey Road as easily as 09/26 or 10/01 but just as easily a mid late November release date as a Christmas release and I don't see them doing may 2020 for Let It Be in that case especially if the movie is in the offing. What are the chances Rubber Soul and/or Revolver getting pushed out in the early part of either year?

tinnox likes this.
  22. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I received the SDE on Christmas Day from Santa. I’ve listened to it all and read the entire book. But too me the 5.1 mix on the Blu-ray is IT! The only way to listen to this album in my mind. Much better mix than the weak Pepper surround version.

vonwegen, james1967, zobalob and 4 others like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I hate to be harsh, but 0%.

BeatlesObsessive and tinnox like this.
  24. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

Of course it's just speculation on my part but we ain't seeing any Rubber Soul or Revolver remixes until at least 2021 if they do decide to go backwards prior to Sgt Pepper's for the rest of the catalog.
    Sell 1 remix big box at a time to max out sales.
    But I hope they do them in 3 different groups like this,...

Box 1
    Please Please Me
    With The Beatles
    A Hard Day's Night

Box 2
    Beatles For Sale
    Help!
    Rubber Soul

Box 3
    Revolver
    Magical Mystery Tour
    Yellow Submarine