Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

This is pretty fantastic. More please.

2. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue.

Thanks for the welcome. This system has given me hours and hours of enjoyment for not a whole lot of dollars. Speakers are the 2Ce. I'm with you on the SVS subs. I have been considering an SVS SB-4000 in piano black, which at 102 lbs is at my limit weight wise. We will see. Everything must be negotiated with Mrs. 'blue. Lol.

M. M.

3. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

4. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Mmmm Mac and beer. :righton: How dose that Mac sound?

5. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Updated with the new Triton 1.r's

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  6. Digging the stealie glass and Greensky sticker. Do you have any of their LPs? If so what’s your favorite?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  7. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Cool! The speakers work perfectly in the space. Lotta speaker packed in there.

Bananas&blow and BayouTiger like this.
  8. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Thanks! Unfortunately, the room east every small speaker I try and I have to have a sub. The GE's don't seem to mind the placement on the interior wall and the bass is excellent. Overall I am extremely impressed with them.

mreeter, Encore, Eigenvector and 3 others like this.
  9. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

I recently upgraded some of my equipment, and I'm currently enjoying my honeymoon period with the new Wharfedales. :love:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eis01, andrewskyDE, 4xoddic and 37 others like this.
  10. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

The Mac sounds amazing, I bought it while my tube amp was out for repair and now it’s my main ride.

Jim in Houston and Craig like this.
  11. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Shoutout, Written Down and Quoted is my recommendation.

Craig likes this.
  12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] There is a truck stop on the Alabama Florida line called the Oasis with the Derailed Dinner, They have a hippy themed gift shop and for twenty years I admired this orange glass ball in the window for twenty years and joked the employees I was buying the thing. Well my brother beat me to it and got it for me as a Christmas gift. This is his Marantz as I’m over at his house but it’s going next to the SX 1250, lava Lamp and fiber optic lamp when I get home. AWESOME!!

13. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Oh it’s HEAVY!

SandAndGlass and bluesaddict like this.
  14. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

That receiver has the built in EQ? Have you used it at all?

15. Blowby

Blowby Static lp

Just a start but acquiring site plan approval from the boss can be time consuming and expensive :laugh:

[​IMG]

Dred, easycraig, 4xoddic and 35 others like this.
  16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

not much, I find it sounds best at flat. It's also a bit confusing as to how it works, each knob is a frequency but there isn't an "on/off" like a loudness switch just knob that gives a degree of significance to the EQ. I get that the knobs to the left are bass, the right, treble and the center, mid but I would prefer just a Bass and Treble knob but event still I don't think I would use it.

My only complains would be the speaker posts, it has those tiny holes with the lever that pinches them in place, and the Receiver doesn't pick up any stations. As far as sound goes, I like it quite a bit more than My Fisher 400 and Fisher KX-200 I was previously using in this system. And I liked those amps quite a lot, the 200 much more so than the 400. Not worrying about warming up tubes or how much live is left on vintage tubes is nice and relaxing. If I swap out the 4100 for something with tubes it will most likely say "McIntosh" on it. My first experience with their equipment has been very good. Complete different from the Sansui and Maratnz vintage amps I've had and heard, which I also like but not more than tubes.

17. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Nice and clean setup. What do you have there?

18. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue.

Nice speaker placement. I'm allowed to do my own site planning but all home audio purchases must be approved by my financial planner and activities director. :sigh:

M. M.

19. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

I spot some b&o's on top ?

PhilBiker likes this.
  20. Blowby

Blowby Static lp

Bever70,
    NHT SuperOnes on top. 4 sets for ambient music while entertaining where sound quality would be lost in the noise.

PhilBiker likes this.
  21. Memphisflash

Memphisflash Forum Resident

Why is it that when I look at this photo, my eyes dwell off to that wonderful photoshoot of Marylin on your wall, that woman was a stunning classic beauty ... Nice speakers though ;-)

Manimal, profholt82 and SirMarc like this.
  22. Blowby

Blowby Static lp

The floor speakers are Clements 206 Dynamic Imaging.
    Can’t beat the sound / price point for my Luxman R-115. My second step to the wonderful sound all the members rant about but at a thrifty budget (for now).

16hz lover and Echoes Myron like this.
  23. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

I had a major imaging issue when I set up my similar vinyl storage containers between my speakers. In fact, imaging almost completely went away. I could distinctly hear what was coming from the left and what was coming from the right. Voices didn't meld in the middle, everything sounded "off". I removed the storage from between the speakers and just left the audio rack... voila! Full spacial imaging returned, soundstage was wide and deep, and the voice issue was completely gone. I put two 2" absorbers on the wall between the speakers, two more 2" absorbers at first reflection points on the sides and 4" bass traps in every corner and haven't looked back. My room is small (10'x10'), and I now have the vinyl stored to the side..

I know every room is different, but I thought I'd share my experience with you. I was surprised about the issue when I first did it because I see so many people that have their equipment on top of the vinyl storage rack between the speakers, and I loved the way it looked, so I tried it. In my room, it destroyed the sound.

Good luck in getting yours dialed in!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Doctor Fine likes this.
  24. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Love the Boogie Boy bobblehead!

25. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Some changes made to the setup recently (Spendor D9's and some tube rolling fun with the Psvane ACME 805's and the Emission Labs 300B XLS).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Delta17, easycraig, Fruff76 and 59 others like this.