Favorite Telecaster Player/Song/Photo?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ianuaditis, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randoms

Randoms Aerie Faerie Nonsense

Big coincidence, I was going to post this earlier - my copy is signed by Jerry.

[​IMG]

King Arthur's Dream was on the excellent Telecasting album.

2. skydropco

skydropco Rock 'n Roll Nurse

3. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I like the Tele but throughout history, it seems to be the kind of guitar a lot of guys start out with and then end up using something else...

4. skydropco

5. skydropco

6. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

The Police - Andy Summers

Munros1969 likes this.
  7. Randoms

notesofachord and groundharp like this.
  8. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Although this is a bit of a frankenstein with the strat-style neck, I will be seeing him play live later this month (w/Soft Machine!), so I thought it'd be appropriate to post this:
    [​IMG]
    John Etheridge

ianuaditis and John Fell like this.
  9. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Randoms likes this.
  10. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Redd Volkaert!

ianuaditis likes this.
  11. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

Leo got it right the first time with a Tele..love em and have two.A Tele can cover any style you like.Here are two masters of the Tele showing how it's done ;) some great pickin here!
    Kenny Vaughan and Guthrie Trapp

ianuaditis, googlymoogly and budwhite like this.
  12. Lonecat

Lonecat King Of Fools

As much as I love Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan and Bill Kirchen, my main Tele guy, and a huge influence on my own playing, is Warner Hodges from Jason and the Scorchers. I can't say enough about him, or the whole band, and what their music has meant to me over the years.

ianuaditis and googlymoogly like this.
  13. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Here's an unusual one - Malcolm Young

[​IMG]

ianuaditis likes this.
  14. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I love Elliot’s pink tele in this.

ianuaditis likes this.
  15. Lonecat

Lonecat King Of Fools

Another big influence were the guys from Rank and File. This lineup had two great telecaster players, Chip Kinman and Greg Ross. Greg has done a zillion things since, most notably for Telecaster fans, he was in a very early version of the Hellecasters. These guys updated the Luther Perkins style for the 80's and frequently cited him as an influence.

16. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

Muddy and his Red Tele
    [​IMG]

Muddy with his original Tele

17. Randoms

Another great Chuck photo.

[​IMG]

Chuck had his Telecaster stolen.

Chuck Prophet News

I remember seeing Green In Red in the early nineties, which is one of my favourite gigs, and noticed that it was not an American made item, Kingmaker were supporting them and had nice new shiney Fenders. Chuck's was "used"!

Japanese guitars could be very good back in the '80's, I used to own a black Tokai "Tele", which played beautifully - really wish I'd kept it.

[​IMG]

Chuck with Dan Stuart and those Green On Red boys back in 1985 with his Japanese Tele.

Lonecat, ianuaditis and windfall like this.
  18. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

Nice. Hadn't seen this clip before. Really good underrated band. Albert Lee is one of my top 10 favorite players.

19. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Original Damned guitarist Brian James switched to a Tele from mostly Gibson SGs when he was in The Lords Of The New Church in the 80’s. He was a huge Kieth Richards fan and still plays his vintage Tele occasionally live.

Lonecat and ianuaditis like this.
  20. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

Big Chuck Prophet fan here, the guy is my favourite guitar wrangler bar none.
    It's worth noting that Chuck's original MIJ Squier, though stolen, was quickly returned after a spontaneous social media campaign (a story in itself). That guitar is now retired from live performance and Chuck 'makes do' with a Bill Nash Tele that is effectively a lightly reliced replica of his beloved Squier (but without the low E banjo tuner).
    By the way, I'm also a big fan of 80s Tokais, I have a lefty Lake Placid blue Stratocaster owned from new in 1986, and a lefty Telecaster bought secondhand in 1989 - that one had been though the mill and is now a Frankenstein Esquire, it looks a mess but plays great (that's the axe in my avatar).

Lonecat, ianuaditis, windfall and 2 others like this.
  21. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

Such a shame that Jerry Donahue suffered that terrible stroke. Other favorites are the late, great Danny Gatton and Albert Collins. And I love Arlen Roth too!

Lonecat and Randoms like this.
  22. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

A long time favorite!

Randoms and Lonecat like this.
  23. One of my favorite musical artists (Marty Stuart) singing a song by one of my favorite musical artists (Ron Reno) and playing my favorite Telecaster (the Parsons/White B-bender) which was formerly owned by one of my all time favorite guitarists (Clarence White).

budwhite, ianuaditis and Randoms like this.
  24. Randoms

Albert with Chas & Dave.

25. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Did someone say Telecaster?

[​IMG]

If it's good enough for Danny Gatton, Marty Stuart, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, Bill Frissell, Mike Bloomfield, Clarence White, Terry Kath...
    it's good enough for me.

Naturally. man and woman do not live by one guitar alone. That said, when in the not to distant future, they lay me down to push up daisies my 55 Thin Skin is coming along.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Runicen, Randoms, budwhite and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.