Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

:shh: I smell spoiler...!

2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Trouble is: The Night King isn’t human (or at least he isn’t anymore).

3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Yep, it's one thing to warg into an animal or a brain-damaged human, but controlling the undead or a powerful human is probably much more challenging. Bran may be up for the challenge next season, though.

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Nah... It's gonna be blank with Vylarian Steel..... in Winterfell!

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Sigh....reading the last dz. comments felt more like I was reading a Dungeons&Dragons/Lord of the Rings thread!;) I used to feel that GOT was above and beyond all the rest. Not anymore. Still a great show but not the leader of the pack it used to be.

6. vince

I've said it before...
    I only started watching the show when GRRM said, "The ending will be better than that crappy "LOST" ending!"
    Here's hoping he's right!

7. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

April 14th confirmed for the premiere date. Here's the next teaser:

No new footage of the show. This is similar to last year's 'long walk to the throne' promo with Jon, Dany and Cersei. This features unique footage shot just for this promo of Jon, Sansa and Arya walking in the Winterfell crypts. Those incapable of nuance are already saying that this promo means all three characters will die, when I don't think that's the point at all. It's a promo about heritage and history with hints of Jon finding out his true parentage and the war for the dawn at Winterfell's door.

Bran is not included. Best comment I saw on that is that the crypts are not wheelchair accessible. ;)

Chris from Chicago and vince like this.
  8. vince

See you all here, the following day!

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Let the marathon begin :righton:.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

where's the nuance? seems like typical cheesy preview melodrama. this "teaser" doesn't even make sense.

11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Don’t want to give the main enchilada away.

12. vince

This sentence reminded me of....

Perhaps, there should be a SNL sketch , with a little old lady, asking, "Where's the nuance?"

13. alexpop

The prequel already started shooting, Belfast..full cast. Tentative title The Long Night. Needs a more striking name like Game Of Thrones.

14. vince

How 'bout.... "TALES From The Long Night"?

15. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Sansa becomes a much more interesting character after ridding herself of Littlefinger's influence. I hope we will find out what kind of person she is for real now. Not sure about Bran either. Does Jon change when he finds out his secret? Maybe Arya is the most stable character left.

16. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Do we have air dates for the final six episodes or will it be one a week for six weeks?

17. alexpop

Merchandise friendly, I see.

18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Cersei Lannister - I agree with their prediction unless she does a 180 degree turn in terms of how she views the world.

'Game of Thrones' Final Path: The Journey of Cersei Lannister

Welcome to Final Path, a new regular feature leading up to the final season of HBO's Game of Thrones. In every Final Path, The Hollywood Reporter's resident Westeros expert Josh Wigler will offer a character-by-character deep dive of their journey through seven seasons as well as what can be expected in the upcoming eighth and final season. Up next: Cersei Lannister.

In season six, when the Faith Militant arrive at the Red Keep to bring Cersei (Lena Headey) in front of the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce), the Queen Mother of Westeros is told to make a choice: compliance, or violence. For Cersei, the answer she gives is the same one she's given throughout her run in the series: "I choose violence."

Responsible for a body count than rivals even the most skilled swordsmen in Westeros, Cersei Lannister stands out as the most recognizable face of human villainy still active on Game of Thrones, as the series barrels toward its final six episodes. Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen), Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon), and many of the other cruel manipulators are gone from the board, but Cersei remains, lording over King's Landing with all the ferocity of someone who will burn entire cities to the ground rather than give an inch of power. She's one of the most quotable and unpredictable characters in the entire series, and one of the few main human players still not on board with battling the White Walkers — which makes Cersei one of the most fascinating ingredients in the final season soup.

[​IMG]

19. vince

This may seem a bit sadistic, but I WOULD like to see her 'confide' in "Shame, Shame, Ding, Ding" about all that she's planning to do, in this last season.
    [​IMG]

OR..... perhaps, she get her revenge on Cersei......?

20. Parachute Woman

Cersei left Septa Unella to be tortured to death by the Mountain in the dungeons in the season six finale. We didn't see her die, but she's definitely dead.

I'm not actually that interested in Cersei. I don't generally like "love to hate them" characters. I just hate them. I very much look forward to her finally getting the death she has coming.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  21. vince

I'm assuming, instead of any character killing her, she'll die giving birth..as her mother did.......
    if you know what I mean.....

22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Yes, she's not far behind Joffrey on that list.

23. Parachute Woman

A few Season 8 photos have been released for promotion: 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Photos: Get a First Look Here

There isn't anything mind-blowing (it's mostly characters looking serious at Winterfell). The biggest piece of info is the fact that Jaime is wearing Northern armor in his photo:

[​IMG]

And there is also a nice one of Jon and Dany:

[​IMG]

24. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Interesting premise. But...

Never gonna happen. I'm rewatching this with my kids (nothing like wholesome family time). The witch told Cersei she'd only have three children, ask of which would die shrouded in gold. That's happened. That ship has sailed.

25. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

She could be dead. But as long as Cersei is alive... the "shame" lady could be around just for the torturous fun.

vince likes this.