Any Slipknot fans?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mtlennox, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Mtlennox

Mtlennox Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Where are all the other fans at?
    What's your favorite album?
    What's your favorite song?
    What's your favorite masks?

My favorite album is their self titled album.
    My favorite song is a tie between Surfacing and My Plague
    My favorite era of masks is their first and second albums. Particularly Corey Taylor's with the dreds.

Sean, Brenald79, Zoot Marimba and 3 others like this.
  2. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

3. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I still love ¨Iowa¨ and their ¨Disasterpieces¨DVD to bits. After that, I lost interest in the band. But those 2 are nu metal staples in my collection.

4. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I do enjoy All Hope Is Gone.

5. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Always liked the 5/9/77 one myself.

Oh! Those guys from Iowa. I think they peaked with Iowa and it has been kind of downhill from there. Once the side projects took over it never felt as intense to me.

Sean, mkortjohn, joshm2286 and 4 others like this.
  6. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Been listening to them at the gym a lot recently. Favorite song is "Surfacing" holy crap that song gets me pumped.

7. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I can tell you one thing they put on one hell of a show !

8. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

A question for you now. What brand of speakers does Slipknot the more justice ? Hint : starts with a K:cool:;)

9. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I don’t listen to them as much nowadays but I will spin them once in a great while.

I’d probably go with Iowa.

Song? I’d go with Tattered And Torn or Disasterpiece.

Masks? By and large the self titled era, although I really like Mick’s later ones.

10. Marshall_SLX

Marshall_SLX Rega P9/RB2000

Yea i would say Iowa

Like Micks current mask best

Surfacing and Before I Forget

Ill echo the comment above about Disasterpieces too but i also love the 2009 Download fest dvd... forgot what its actually called. Only seen them live once, but ive seen Stone Sour 5 times... twice this year! Would love another Slipknot tour of Aus though.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  11. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Rarely listen to it anymore.
    Back when I was in my ‘angry 20’s’ I had the Japanese import of the debut with the original tracklist and bonus tracks. At the time stuff like Scissors, Get This, Spit It Out and Prosthetics (that intro :D ) really rocked my boat. I kinda grew out of it, but it’s still fun every now and then.

Ultimately, I do think they peaked with Iowa.
    Less gimmicky (read: hiphop influences), more stripped down and going for the gut more, which benefits the intensity level.

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I think they are silly.
    But I'm an old codger, so there you go

13. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident

Never been a fan, sorry.

14. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Well, in their defense they got a technically brilliant drummer, their playing is airtight and Corey Taylor is one of the best rock vocalists out there if you don’t focus on the death grunts and have followed his work with Stone Sour and guest appeareances.
    A bit much to be labelled as ‘silly’ imo.

15. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

I still like select songs on the Vol. III follow-up (Three Nil, Welcome, Blister Exists, Duality) but it derailed a bit there with classic rock influences, which doesn’t suit (heh) them, so that was that.
    Moved on to other stuff.

Out of that whole nu metal thing I still listen to Rammstein and Deftones. The former because musically and from a band ethic to me it’s absolutely satisfying. The latter because they got a knack for dynamics. They know what and when to use or not to use something. That’s what seperates the great from the merely good bands. I never really considered both nu metal but they seemed to be buddies/joined festivals with the likes of Korn and -swallowing a bit of vomit- Limp Bizkit.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  16. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Totally love some Deftones!

Crimson jon likes this.
  17. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

A big part of what gave Deftones longevity is that they didn’t set themselves up for a fall.
    They didn’t really collaborate with fancy producers or the next flavor-of-the-day rapper and Chino Moreno isn’t Fred Durst. No intra-band ego-clashes either.
    They got something to say and they got the chops to pull it off.

The Pinhead, BDC and Zoot Marimba like this.
  18. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Yikes. :sigh:

Sear likes this.
  19. Yeah I still do Slipknot occasionally, though I've grown out of all that stuff and stuff.

Self titled is probably my favorite album.

Heretic Anthem my favorite track.

Don't really pay much attention to or have a favorite mask.

20. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

So you see a thread called ‘any Slipknot fans’ and this is your contribution?

Yikes indeed.

21. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Find the whole thing to be rather distasteful. But more power to those who enjoy! :edthumbs:

22. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Nah. I agree. They are silly.

23. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Saw them opening for Alice In Chains after they reunited on the Black Gives Way to Blue tour. They are good .

I have white poney on cd

joshm2286 likes this.
  24. m20gull

m20gull Forum Resident

That works for me too. “Surfacing” is definitely my favourite track. The album I play the most is the live Download set but the compilation playlist I made of a live set list is awesome too. Not paid much attention to the masks. Live they are immense and luckily they still tour reasonable sized venues, at least in the UK.

25. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

I really like their Antennas To Hell compilation CD. Corey Taylor is a terrific singer.