Dexter...first time watcher

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GregM, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Lila. Or to sum her like Deb once did: 5'7", black hair, pale like a ******* corpse. LOL

I don't think the series plummets that far later on, but the bar was set so high with those early seasons that the drop just seems that much more severe.

BZync and sentinel90125 like this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I don’t remember her at all :o

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

still waiting to find this cheap on BD...my wife wants to see it. I don't but will watch it with her...ah, love...

4. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

I guess I missed all of the “Serial Killer Internships” on LinkedIn. I may have those opportunities filtered out.

And Dexter *not killing*, on several occasions, especially when it mattered most????!!!!

And Deb.

And Rita.

And.... just too much crazy sh!t for me to handle.

5. I found her unforgettable!

thgord, sentinel90125, BZync and 2 others like this.
  6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

What can I say? :shrug:

7. She really nailed the 'bad girl every guy wants and every other girl hates' role to a T!

thgord, sentinel90125 and BZync like this.
  8. You mean Dexter The Lumberjack. After that scene my wife started singing the Monty Python lumberjack but replaced wearing women’s clothes with “and I’m a serial killer”. Horrible final season.

Maccaroni likes this.
  9. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

That’s when Dexter had his superhero abilities and was able to catch up with her in Europe. The two had been “frenemies” for that season.

10. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Personally, I think the lumberjack scene would have worked if Dexter’s father would have been standing, whispering in one ear with his sister doing the same in the other.

GodShifter likes this.
  11. Diorama

Diorama Forum Resident

Loved Dexter but like has been said here after Season 4 the decline is strong. The last season was one of the worst Seasons of a great show I have seen.

Kundera the joke., Maccaroni and daca like this.
  12. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

aka "Miss 'Pardon My T**ts'"

13. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

It was all downhill for me after the season (4?) with John Lithgow.

daca likes this.
  14. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Sopranos

15. Vinyl Addict

I really enjoyed most of Dexter.
    What I could not stand, was Deb constantly crying. She was always ready to break down in tears. *Rolls eyes*

Gumboo and Nice Marmot like this.
  16. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

For what I consider the greatest TV series ever, I admit that season 6 of the Sopranos was less than compelling. But, as many have acknowledged, seasons 5-7 of Dexter were mediocre, and season 8 was the worst drop off in TV history.

I assume the fact that Dexter was not exposed was so that the show, or character, could be reprised. That is assuming that a lumberjack could again become a serial killer. He would seek revenge for all the other serial killers who attempt to hide in the woods. There's got to be some lakes where he could hide their bodies.

17. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I know it's a cliche, but the books are better, at least the first two or three. When it's disturbing, the books are more so, and when it's funny, again, the books are more so. They start falling apart a bit like the show did.

18. That80sBaldAsianBadGuy

That80sBaldAsianBadGuy Forum Resident

She was that british stalker that became Dexter's girlfriend and bringing out his dark side. She got Doakes killed and Dexter ended up killing her

BZync likes this.
  19. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Tall, gorgeous, pyromaniac. What's not to like?

In real life, I'd have run away as fast as I could, but on the series, I hated to see her go.

SilkHammer and BZync like this.
  20. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

The last season was overkill, no pun intended. But I was hooked by then. There was no way I wasn't going to watch.

Thankfully, they have so far resisted the temptation to revive the series. Like The Sopranos, so many characters were killed off I don't think it could ever work.

21. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

The only season I remember being disappointed in was the last one, terrible finish. Great idea for a series and Michael Hall was excellent.

22. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

The Dexter “series finale” was much worse than the Sopranos cut to black. I mean, come on, on Dexter you had

23. Vinyl Addict

I was not happy with the Sopranos finale. Worst ever, in my opinion.

24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Dexter’s was worse.

25. GregM

GregM The expanding man Thread Starter

Far worse. It was trying to be a bit like Breaking Bad was my read, where Walter goes off to live in isolation with a scraggly beard and die alone in the penultimate season.

That was worse than Sorpanos finale too. So contrived and all wrapped up in a pretty package with a bow on top.

And on that note, what was wrong with the Sopranos ending? Not a thing. I haven't heard a logical explanation why it was "bad" yet.

GodShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.