Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

What a shady operator... As if we haven't hear that one before... [​IMG]

hutlock and aoxomoxoa like this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

As it turns out one of the copies that has a bent cover so it's just going to go back.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Juggsnelson and struttincool like this.
  4. Lol I was joking with my wife the other night that I should start ordering two copies when buying new vinyl since there’s about a 50/50 chance one will be defective in some way

5. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

atlantasteven and latheofheaven like this.
  6. latheofheaven

That must be why one of her feet are firmly planted in your groin area...

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

8. latheofheaven

LORDS OF ACID: Farstucker 2-LP (pressed at a brand new pressing plant built in Canada in 2017! I was unaware of this...)

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Farstucker (Special Remastered Limited Band Edition)

I had bought their earlier album Lust (yeah, I know... they are very naughty...:oops:) and although I really like the powerful electronic vibe, the sound was SO extremely compressed that it was honestly unlistenable, especially for this Genre where you expect it to pack a good wallop!

So, I was listening to the Lossless FLAC version of this album here, and with this one they went VERY heavy / Industrial, which I like even more. And, from the CD source, the sound was pretty lively, so I checked out the prices at Amazon.

The Prime price is $31, BUT... the deal is that there are at least 4 or 5 3rd party sellers selling this for $14.99! So, the total price comes out to about a full $15 less! So, I shagged it! (somewhat appropriate in this case...) It is spread out over 2 LPs, and it is a new Remaster from what appears to be this hotshot brand spanking new plant (a la Third Man, but I think they beat him by several months and could then claim to be the FIRST brand new pressing plant in over 30 years)

Anyway, I am almost more anxious to hear what kind of job they do with the vinyl! Actually, after watching the video tour of Third Man's plant and how blissfully LOVELY it looks, I've been desperate to hear what their vinyl sounds like, but they mostly press this rather unique set of new artists and specialty vinyl, so I've not had a chance to hear what vinyl sounds like when pressed in this kind of state-of-the-art environment, which technically looks completely mind blowing! So, we'll see how this Canadian plant does. Here are a couple of links to information about the plant:

Precision Record Pressing

Precision Record Pressing. State of the art record pressing plant.

Does anyone know anything about this new plant...???

black sheriff, aoxomoxoa and imarcq like this.
  9. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

10. neut6o1

neut6o1 Forum Resident

The 3rd party sellers add $4 or $5 shipping. So more like $20. But still cheaper than $31.

latheofheaven likes this.
  11. latheofheaven

Yeah, Prime with tax was close to $34 and the several 3rd party had it listed at $14.99 + $3.99 or about just shy of $19 Odd disparity. Normally, there isn't THAT much difference. But, the good ol' Honey & Wiki apps let you know :) ***EDIT in this case with the 3rd party sellers, most are not charging tax either, which helps.

Also, FWIW, I believe that Discogs showed this pressing to be very limited, I think to 500. I mean, the group is not exactly Led Zeppelin, but I really did like the seriously Heavy Butt-Kicking Industrial sound! I'm most keenly interested, though, in hearing what the vinyl pressed at a brand new plant would sound like! If it doesn't sound good, I may just hafta go up there and kick some Canadian @ss! :D

imarcq likes this.
  12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  13. latheofheaven

Dude, that is SERIOUSLY messed up! Fortunately (so far) here in Southern California they've always packaged everything pretty carefully, many times double-boxing. Damn that looks bad! [​IMG]

Myke likes this.
  14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  15. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

This particular picture looks like the mailman tried to fit it into mailbox. Very possibly not amazon's fault.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  16. Myke

I received a broken-in-two album, looked just like that, and the carrier never went near my box, she brought it to my door.
    Also, Amazon uses several different carriers, besides the USPS.
    The poster in the thread I linked above the photo doesn't say who the carrier was.

fluffskul likes this.
  17. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

That was my order, and it arrived via UPS in a vinyl record box alone, which was also bent. I live in a large apartment building with a front desk attendant/concierge who handles packages. It could’ve been UPS that destroyed it, but it could’ve survived far worse abuse had it been better packaged.

aoxomoxoa, Myke and fluffskul like this.
  18. fluffskul

it is definitely on amazon in that case. i was just saying that particular bend almost looked like someone tried to fold it.

most of my packages from amazon are fine... and I've gotten a lot. but I have also gotten a couple shipping labels stuck right on LP. ironically, last one i got i actually kept. LP was fine, jacket showed only what one could easily describe as "shelf ware," and since it showed "temporarily out of stock" on line I just kept it. I've returned every other time though.

jason202 likes this.
  19. fluffskul

BTW... the last few comments should be on the "amazon packaging" thread not this one... but since there are no more good deals on Amazon for physical music media, I guess there's no harm.

20. Myke

21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I've been finding plenty of good deals... I post them here and I'm also buying some of them. :)

fluffskul and Myke like this.
  22. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

23. fluffskul

the "peak" of amazon having good deals on vinyl has sadly passed. but i do appreciate that you keep posting what you find. every once in a while there is a good one... but i've noticed they've dropped off considerably around October of this year.

though i guess it is also possible, i just now have all the vinyl records I need. :shh:

aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  24. latheofheaven

I think you are getting a little warmer with that last sentence... [​IMG]

aoxomoxoa and fluffskul like this.
  25. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I agree, it's nothing like last year at this time. However, I do recall buying quite a few great deals in February and March. I'm optimistic that we'll see an uptick in deals in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, I'll keep posting what I find, and hope others do as well. Whenever I see this thread bumped, I hope that it's a deal I'd like, not a discussion of shipping policies or packaging problems. :)

fluffskul, Adam6437 and superstar19 like this.