Polk LSiM speakers 58% - 67% off..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by riverrat, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Mine are all the purple/brown black. They actually bring some order to the rooms they are in since I have a hodgepodge of other furniture colors.
    I'm still amazed at the finish on these and they (to me) pretty much sound how they look.
    Super deal at these prices. Would never be able to afford them otherwise.
    I wonder how much longer they will be running the sale. Hope it ends soon. Don't want to be tempted into making additional purchases. :)

2. displayname

displayname Forum Resident

It seems like this might be get 'em till they're gone. They consolidated all the stock to Adorama.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. telemike

telemike Forum Resident

Is the line being replaced?

4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

My guess is that it will net be replaced with large Polk speaker's as we have come to know them.

Polk may be heading in the direction of speakers, like the Signature Series being the top of their product line.

I think the name "Signature Series" gives us a bit of a hint of what might be on the horizon.

Not that this might be a bad series of speaker's, but they are certainly not on par with the LSiM series.

[​IMG]

I think that it also worth considering, that the RTi line may be going bye-bye also.

At 40% off, these are also speaker's that should be considered. At 40% off, the RTi line is a bargain.

Something else to consider, Many speaker manufacturer's whose focus is two channel speakers, do not make a center channel speaker.

Those who may be planning to set up a HT surround sound system, using your existing stereo front mains, may want to conside buying one ot Polk's center channel speaker's.

Their RTi center channel speaker's are really nice and at 40% off are an excellent value, worth considering.

Their CSiA4 is $149.97 and has two 5 1/4" driver's.

[​IMG]

Their CSiA6 has 6" drivers and is $239.97.

[​IMG]

Both have real wood veneer's, which I don't think that anyone is going to touch at this price. The cherry is real cherry wood.

I have the CAiA6 center. I used it when I had the RTiA9's, as the front main's. I continued to use them when I switched out to the LSiM707's, because the TV stand's shelf was not tall enough for the larger LSiM center channel speaker to fit. I powered it with a 250-Watt mono amp and it perform's perfectly. I found it to be a very neutral sounding center channel, and I would not hesitate to pair it with most any pair of front main's.

62caddy and displayname like this.
  5. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Hello.. Iam considering snagging a pair of the 707’s and 706 center. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what the main difference them and the 705‘s are ? Different drivers etc.
    My main listening area is roughly 14 x 12 and only be able to be brought out about a foot and a half from the wall.
    Thanks in advance.

6. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

I wish my 707's were 8 feet tall. I'm in a 32 x 18 foot room though...;)

You'll be happy with either, but I'd get he 707's, they sound good near, far or any way ya want 'em...:D

SandAndGlass and Jimijam like this.
  7. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Here's the spec sheet for the line @Jimijam. Maybe this will help you decide.

https://d3vqw2nv1topde.cloudfront.n...t Information Sheets/LSiMSeries InfoSheet.pdf

SandAndGlass and Jimijam like this.
  8. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

9. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Haha right.. I see now the 705‘s are a bit smaller in all aspects thanks for your response.

aroney and SandAndGlass like this.
  10. rossi

rossi New Member

please i want know where ca i found one the same with in the photo ? and how much is it ?

11. SandAndGlass

If you are referring to the Yorkville UCS-1, sub, that model is no longer being manufactured.

Yorkville is a Canadian company and still makes other model subs. The subs that they make today are more compact than the UCS-1.

Amazon and the local musical instruments stores also carry Yorkville.

Their ES15P powered sub is probably the closest model to the UCS-1. I power the UCS-1 with a Crown 1600-Watt class D amplifier, so it would be about the same, either way.

You might also want to check out Danley Sound in Atlanta, GA. Tom Danley worked on the Yorkville Synergy products and other products before starting Danley Sound. Tom Danley is perhaps the most knowledgeable person with regard to sub woofer's that you are likely to find. They make commercial subs and also HT subs. Tom Danley has his own Synergy horns and the seriously powerful Tapped horn subs.

For the Polk LSiM series on sale, go to the product links on the Sound and Vision web site. The sale is from Adorama in New York, but the sale pricing is only available through the sound and vision link and is not found elsewhere on the Adorama web site.

12. rossi

rossi New Member

okey bro thanks for all this help and all this informations
    best regards

SandAndGlass likes this.
  13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

looks like these prices are still good. anyone else bite?

14. Dinglehead

Dinglehead Well-Known Member

I got the 705's a few day ago.

As the kids say..... they slap, bruh.

displayname likes this.
  15. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Over on the Polk Audio forums, I read that indeed Polk may very well be heading in a more mid-fi and entry level direction with their home speaker offerings.

"The decision (to sell at a steep discount (my words)) hurt the value of the product and invariably hurt Polks ability to ever revisit the higher end market. They are no longer concerned with that market though - at least that seemed to be the tone I got during my talks with some Execs. The jist I got was that they are attempting to be the de facto entry and mid level speaker company. Respectable to me, but it still leaves a lot of customers who hoped for Polk to deliver the goods at a higher level disappointed with little to show for their investments."
    DSkip

displayname likes this.
  16. Dinglehead

I personally couldn't care less if they're getting out of the higher end market. If that means I can get speakers like the LSiM 705s for what I just paid for them - I'm all good with it.

17. SandAndGlass

I was wondering about that, just the other day. These are super nice speaker's and are being offered at these stupid low prices. People often do not pay attention to these sales, but when they are gone, they are gone forever and there is not any speaker on the market that I am aware of that offers so much at these sale prices on the LSiM product line.

When you buy a product, all that you should hope for is that you will be able to own a product that is the quality that it is, at the time you made your informed decision to purchase that product.

Market conditions change and companies must change with the market. Many world class companies that didn't change with the times are now out of business or in business by name only.

Audio should not be considered a financial investment strategy, it should exist for you pleasure.

Your speakers are worth as much to you today as the day that you purchased them.

Once these speakers have been depleted by the sale and are no longer available, they will be in demand again.

Those who purchased speakers in the LSiM product line, will have a lot to show for their investments.

And you have every right to be, having made a terrific purchasing decision.

aroney and displayname like this.
  18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

I also think that people may be skittish because the prices are so low, i.e. conclude that "something must be wrong with them or they wouldn't be so cheap".

That's too bad; there is a rare opportunity here to take advantage of a large mainstream speaker manufacturer's apparently less than completely successful bid to compete in the higher end market.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  19. Dinglehead

The 1200 (FOR THE PAIR!) I paid for the 705's is obscenely cheap after listening to these things.

SandAndGlass and riverrat like this.
  20. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

I probably would have went out of my mind trying to settle on a pair of $4,ooo speakers. So many to choose from I wouldn't even know where to begin. o_O

Snagging the 707's for $1,600 was an easy decision. :D

I don't care what happens with their resale prices either, I never make purchases based on what I think, or hope, something will be worth down the road.

21. SandAndGlass

Oh well, that is their loss.

I don't see it as they can't compete in the market, it is more like, they are choosing not too.

I have the LSiM707's with their large center channel speaker.

I also have their RTiA9's and their large center channel speaker.

I really don't think that the high end speaker market today is really all that large. There are many smaller audiophile speaker manufacturer's that compete in this marketplace.

There is also a certain stigma attached to "Polk" speaker's in the "audiophile" marketplace.

Judging from their responses, the member's who took advantage of this current Polk LSiM series sale, appear to be pleased with their purchases, from the feedback that has been given here.

I just think that it might be a better business decision to go where the mass market is.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  22. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

I have owned several Polk loudspeakers over the years, dating back to the SDA-SRS, I owned a walnut pair and Oak pair, wish I had kept those as they were just a one of a kind product. As SandAndGlass has reported, the LSiM speakers are really in a whole different category. No, they do not have the beautiful wood grain like Aerial's Sontos Rosewood, BUT, their finish is very well executed, GREAT finish, smooth, beautiful design, great lines, and as far as I am concerned, a beautifully executed design!
    I purchased one pair of 707s and one pair of the 703s, both reproduce the music accurately, not too heavy on the high end, and without question very capable on the low end, and I have heard some very, very expensive speakers, and the 707s cut the mustard, you will be extremely pleased with their design, their sound and their wood finish. I am so glad I finally, after two years, pulled the trigger on this purchase.

Are their any negatives when purchasing Polk, well, one of my 703s had a manufacturing defect which Polk has not been very helpful on, as they want me to pay for the return of the speaker which was defective right out of the box, a visible imperfection that should have been caught long before this speaker was shipped. In regard to the 707s, I was very lucky to receive these speakers in one piece, as they ship these in large boxes with a skirt around the speaker with the grills suspended on the front of the box with large styrofoam spacers, and these were completely destroyed and in the bottom of the box, I don't know how they made it to me in one piece, but they did. I asked Polk to please send me new styrofoam pieces in the event I ever sold these speakers, but that ain't going to happen, they claim they don't have any more styrofoam spacers or 707 boxes, so I would advise anyone interested in the 703 or 707 to GET THEM NOW, or forever hold your piece, as they will be gone soon. I believe these speakers will be discontinued in lieu of some newly designed product, and not necessarily better! These speakers are worth more than I paid, so I consider myself very lucky to secure a cherry set of the 707s and 703s. The cabinets on both of these speakers are rock solid, beautifully constructed, they are so darn heavy, and the port is on the bottom of the speaker, a design I think PS Audio should consider for their line of speakers, instead of that side firing sub. Anyway, if you want the very best Polk has ever offered, I truly believe the 703 represents that in a "large" bookshelf speaker and the 707 represents that in a floor stander. It will help you greatly to have a helper when you unpack the 707! Good luck and happy listening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. SandAndGlass

You speak the truth.

With the sale prices on the LSiM line, I doubt if you will find better speaker's for anywhere near what you can buy the Polk speaker's in the LSiM product line for.

I use my LSiM707's as front mains for both stereo and HT. I can't fault them with either application.

As Litejazz53 has stated "they will be gone soon". My suggestion is to buy them before they are gone as you will probably never get a chance to own speakers this nice for so little money.

And, for those on more moderate budget's, consider the RTi speaker line, which is at 40% off retail. They are also excellent speakers. Before I replaced them with the 707's, I had the RTiA9's as my front mains.

If you like good sound and you are the type who likes to turn the volume up a bit, the RTi's are an excellent choice.

If you are not familiar with either of these speaker's, suggest reading through this thread from the beginning.

There is a lot of excellent information here.

24. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I still have a pair of LS-50’s (not the KEF). They’re one of my favorites.

Litejazz53 and SandAndGlass like this.
  25. Very classy. The black and cherry finish is just gorgeous in my opinion. I have the 703's in the same finish and I am very very happy with them. I would have loved to get the 707's but they are just a bit big for my room.

Litejazz53 and SandAndGlass like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.