Cardigans vinyl remasters coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fortysomething, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know there was mention of a reissue campaign a few years back but I hadn't seen anything for a while....just saw listings for this on several sites.....and a PledgeMusic listing too - on sale date of 1 February 2019.

(Linked below)

Good news!

The Cardigans: Vinyl Remasters

2. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Anyone got these preordered? I would like to know how they sound before buying them. If these remasters are no “upgrade” to the digital releases I will try not to buy them ;)

3. landerstnkb

landerstnkb Forum Resident

I ordered the first four albums from Amazon UK and am eagerly awaiting their arrival next week. One of my holy grails has been Life on vinyl and that shall be the first going on the turntable when the albums arrive.

DaK and Bryce like this.
  4. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Which one? The already released compilation "Life" or the original Swedish release? I'm on the fence about getting "Emmerdale" and "Life" in their original form. I'm so used to the compilation... :help:

Porkpie and Bryce like this.
  5. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

I’ll eagerly await reports on shipping notices, nonfill, scuff marks and eventually sound quality right here before buying :righton:

scobb, Krzych, landerstnkb and 2 others like this.
  6. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

These remasters were done by Sterling Sound. Any information by whom?

7. landerstnkb

I use to have a Dutch cd of Life and a Canadian cd of Emmerdale which I believe had different track listings from the original Swedish releases. I’ve wanted a copy of Life on vinyl for years but the original and Simply Vinyl rerelease are too steep for me.

Neonbeam likes this.
  8. Neonbeam

German Amazon already has "Gran Turismo" and "Life" listed as "Currently not available". There seems to be quite some interest! :evil:

landerstnkb likes this.
  9. AceRizzle

AceRizzle Yeah I love the Strokes, you old fogies.

I used to have the biggest crush on Nina Persson. Just FYI.

sortvinyl, Bryce and landerstnkb like this.
  10. landerstnkb

Me too:shh:

GoodKitty and AceRizzle like this.
  11. Neonbeam

Did your Dutch cd include "Emmerdale" tracks? The Simply Vinyl - and the 1995 Stockholm Records/ Trampolene - vinyl both had the UK tracklist.

landerstnkb likes this.
  12. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Damn, I got the somewhat infamous RSD version of Long Gone Before Daylight that was pretty much a bowl (way worse than typical dishing). Hope the new pressings fare better!

13. landerstnkb

I can’t remember. I bought it in the Netherlands when it first came out so it must have the European track list.

Neonbeam likes this.
  14. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Damn, is it really that bad? It's one of my favorite albums, but I'd rather have it as a single LP.

15. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

I still do.

Man at C&A, AceRizzle and landerstnkb like this.
  16. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

I don't know if anyone got a good one - you'd think someone must have, but usually only people with problems post.

17. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

Mine did not have any issues. Though, sound wise, it was not as good as the original.

whisper3978 likes this.
  18. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I ordered mine on Amazon UK as soon as I find out. Really looking forward to hearing these! I have two of the later albums (and all the A Camp albums) on vinyl, but not the LPs before that. Hoping that they are big improvements over the CDs.

landerstnkb likes this.
  19. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I preordered too but it’s showing my delivery date as next Tuesday. What date have they given you?

Preston and landerstnkb like this.
  20. landerstnkb

My order from Amazon UK says it will arrive between 2/11 and 2/15 but I’m in the US so it makes sense. I ordered First Band on the Moon via Amazon US and it’s scheduled to arrive on Friday (2/1) but I’ll belive that when I see it.

Porkpie likes this.
  21. sortvinyl

sortvinyl Forum Resident

As I understand it, the band had nothing to do with the RSD release, but have been all over the new ones, so it should be different.

whisper3978 likes this.
  22. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

My order has the same delivery date as Porkpie: 2/11-2/15.

23. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I wrote to the band on their Facebook page to ask about the albums of B-sides and they wrote: "For some reason, the two LPs filled with B sides weren't made at the same time. We honestly don't know why it turned out this way. But we've been promised it will happen."

Not sure if that's been mentioned before, but thought I'd post it just in case it hadn't been.

tin ears, Paully and Krzych like this.
  24. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I received a shipping notice yesterday from Amazon UK: expected delivery Feb 15.

25. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Received the 4 albums I ordered today from Amazon.

Packaging is great with hi-res artwork images throughout, glossy card inners, photos etc. All covers are gloss except Long Gone which is textured. Great labels too, they’ve definitely paid attention to detail, no one will be disappointed with this series.

Unfortunately no poly lined sleeves so all the discs had paper shavings/debris on them so you’ll want to give them a clean. I’ve just cleaned mine and about to sit down to an entire evening of Cardigans music.

[​IMG]

aravel, Santo10, 3Dman and 9 others like this.