David Crosby Wants A CSNY Reunion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

Rock legend David Crosby reached out to his estranged bandmates Stephen Stills, Graham Nash and Neil Young and said he’d love to make music with them again.

“I want to work with all four of us. That’s what I want to do,” the singer said Sunday during an interview at TheWrap studio following the Sundance premiere of the new documentary “David Crosby: Remember My Name.”

“I’ll take more blame than anybody for being a s—head to my friends in that group,” he added.
    Asked what he would say to his longtime friend Nash if he had the chance to speak with him, Crosby, 77, said: “I’d probably tell him I love him. It’s the highest of the emotions I feel about them. It’s the best I’ve got.”

Crosby, Stills and Nash broke up in 2016 after old resentments and fresh wounds exploded in a final rupture, and they haven’t spoken since then.

Crosby went on: “If I had a chance to talk to him [Nash] I’d sit down and say: ‘I haven’t changed, I’m the same f—up you started with in the first place. Here I am. I’m trying to be a decent guy. And if you want to make some music, I’d love to.'”

But Crosby went on to say he would really like to see CSNY — the band including Neil Young — play together again. Young has not spoken to Crosby since he learned of a derogatory remark Crosby made about Daryl Hannah, who Young married last year.
    Crosby is in a confessional mood. In “David Crosby: Remember My Name,” a new documentary about his life produced by Cameron Crowe and directed by A.J. Eaton, the musician speaks candidly about his regrets, his drug addiction and the price paid by friends, fellow musicians and former girlfriends for his past choices.

The comments are all the more piercing because the interviews in the film are done by Crowe, the director who started his career as a teenage writer for Rolling Stone and has known Crosby since then.

In his interview at TheWrap studio at the festival, Crowe said that Crosby was at a stage of life when he seemed ready to be open about his past.

“One of the things that really touches me in the movie is when Graham says, ‘I talked to him every day for that amount of time,'” Crowe said. “When he goes to an elemental place it’s not about other things, it’s about — every day he got to talk with you. And that feels like a hole. It’s a palpable thing every time I see the movie.”

Crosby responded: “We were not only good friends but brothers for a long time. That’s real. It’s clear in my head, I haven’t forgotten.”

https://www.thewrap.com/david-crosby-cs ... wsource=cl

2. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Skint again?

3. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Money running low......

fer2, Lexhibit, Magic and 12 others like this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

David, just stop.

5. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

He broke again?

His last few solo albums are not only better than anything CSN or CSNY has done in over 30 years, but are probably the best non-archival CSNY related release since, what, Silver and Gold some 20 years ago?

6. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Ironically, David is the one making the most worthwhile music at this point in his career.

alchemy, kees1954, seg763 and 53 others like this.
  7. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

i can guarantee you it has nothing to do with money.

crosby knows that time is precious, he also knows that CSNY is why he is what he is today.

i admire his desire to re-unite and publicly say it he was wrong about things he said and did.

i hope this happens.

8. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I don’t think a leopard can change his spots. It would be nice to see them have another tour but I can’t see it happening. Crosby has burned all his bridges and this looks like a transparent attempt to scrape together some cash. He is as incorrigible as Ginger Baker. If everyone else in the group has been more careful with their money than Crosby they probably don’t answer his calls anymore.

Having said that the old goat has put out two fine solo albums in a row. He should have done that years ago when there was an big audience waiting for him to release new music.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  9. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

this was my 1st thought... but this will still turn into a Crosby is such a jerk thread...and Crosby is broke thread... :hide:

10. Former Lee Warmer

Gotta be. It can't be for any artistic reasons.

They know they can tap that 'Never Trumper' market by protesting the current socio/political climate.

Fair enough, you can only tap that well so many times. I guess SOMEONE will buy those tix. I know I won't. I already got jobbed back in like 2005.

sami, The Gomper, Dog Ear and 5 others like this.
  11. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Wow , he wants a CSNY reunion and a Byrds reunion also.

Good luck to him on those. He can still sing and write so it's going to be up to the others in both of those bands. The Byrds have worked around him lately. Other than making Graham mad I don't know what his fellow CSNY members feel about a reunion.

12. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

You can be a broke jerk and still make good music. :)

13. Former Lee Warmer

Absolutely.
    Make another great album, Cros.

14. Former Lee Warmer

Who's left to be in the Byrds at this point?

15. Glenn Christense

Just Roger and Chris (besides David of course.)

Roger and Chris toured the Sweetheart of the Rodeo album and played some Byrds songs also recently with Marty Stuart, but because David had nothing to do with that album they could tour it and not call it the Byrds.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Given the backstory behind his present conflicts with Nash and Young, I wouldn't say David is the only jerk.

17. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

All he did was tell an interviewer he'd be into it, as he's been doing for the past three years. Long as they ask, that'll be his answer.

18. Former Lee Warmer

They're all jerks, or have been, to some degree.

Hey, we've never had a Crosby/Stills album or tour yet, have we??

19. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Bring Judy along for the three part harmonies, if she's healthy enough.

20. Glenn Christense

As mad as Graham is/was with David, I read an interview with Graham where he was asked if he could work with David if some incredible music was in the picture.
    He said something on the order of.. "Of Course. It's all about the music."

21. Former Lee Warmer

Roger, Chris, David, Marty Stuart w/Chuck Leavell on keys and Gene Parsons on drums.

Call it 'Byrds.0'

22. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I'd agree that Crosby's current music is worthwhile and welcome. A few years ago, no-one would have believed he'd have made it to his current age, let alone still be putting out new music.

But the world doesn't need another CSN (with or without Y) album, though they could probably do a profitable tour. It's all been over for CSN since Daylight Again (even though American Dream contained a couple of excellent tracks).

Sneaky Pete and bluerondo like this.
  23. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Err on the side of music. It's one of the few things we do well.

24. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Part of me is thinking this could be David looking for some healthy resolution, if in no other way than at least professionally and musically speaking.

Maybe I’m being naive but “attempted cash grab” doesn’t scream out at me now. I’m sure he is well aware that adding the Y on any tour with put several more bucks in his pocket but I dunno - I don’t think that’s the overriding force.

I don’t have anything to back up my sense on this except that he’s released 4 very good t0 great imo albums in the last few years and his touring band is great. And he looks to be having the time of his life up there - so, I guess I sense a bit more positive energy coming from Croz these days.

25. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

People are funny. Take Ginger Baker, mentioned above, as an example.
    Here you've got three or four guys together who are all smiles and winks
    up there but as soon as they walk off they slug one another in the head.

Chris Schoen and Sneaky Pete like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.