Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

If the sale had still been on then yes, that is what I wanted. Not as a special dispensation because I'm so wonderful (though that would be understandable) but because that was the nature of the sale.

2. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

Got one of my orders today and the Dr. John - Locked Down LP w/ Bonus CD was missing the CD. I'm contacting InSound to see what they can do. Everything else is ship shape. And it only took 2 days to get to me! I have 2 more orders coming that I placed quickly after reading the thread and learning there were items that didn't show up without some creative searching and not wanting to miss the 60% off sale.

If anyone else gets a bum copy of Locked Down let me know, thanks

3. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

I got one during the last sale & guy I gave it to also told me no CD. I went back to check the listing & sure enough: "w/ CD," but didn't bother contacting them about it. Would be curious what Insound says if you do let them know, as they have been super-responsive to "dents & dings" on orders for me in the past.

Andrew_db likes this.
  4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Mine shipped today, will let ya know. I've had a Wilco album, either Being There or Summer Teeth, arrive without the advertised cd. Sent it bk, next one had no cd either.

Andrew_db likes this.
  5. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I received my first order and Dr. John - Locked Down does not contain the CD, and Jethro Tull - Too old To Rock And Roll isn't the version limited to 750 but rather the U.S. version limited to 3000.

My thoughts? The order was well packed and arrived quickly. The listings may be erroneous but the products weren't, and at the prices during the sale I will give them the benefit of the doubt. They did a great job and there were no truly horrible surprises.

oldjollymon and hutlock like this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’ll add to that and say that based on my experience and tales told in this thread, their customer service is top notch as well.

oldjollymon, GentleSenator and Matt I like this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they tend to have a "no questions asked" approach, but if you're receiving stuff that is missing an item or a slightly different version, do not expect to get the one as advertised. that level of detail is just not something they're concerned about. they'll replace what you got, but it'll just be more of the same.

Andrew_db, lightbulb and hutlock like this.
  8. hutlock

Right. They are basically selling their own overstock so if the one you got is missing something or is a different edition, chances are very strong that they all are. But if you get something damaged or you just don’t want to keep it, you are golden.

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm pretty convinced that the whole operation is run by one single customer service rep and an army of robots at the WMG warehouse. but hey, whatever!

jason202, masterbucket and hutlock like this.
  10. hutlock

Hahahaha! I have had that EXACT same thought!

11. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I noticed in earlier posts that the Ramones box set was super duper cheap. It’s like 16 bucks now, which is still an awesome price.

hutlock likes this.
  12. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm not really concerned as it may not be their fault. The supplier might have messed up the packaging or description and no one at Insound checked. For the price I'm cool with it and will keep buying way too much stuff when they have the 60% off deals

13. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

I ordered a ridiculous amount of albums during the last 60% off sale in December--maybe in the neighborhood of 30+. Everyone has been dead flat, glossy and perfect in every way. Many of them are BG or KG cuts. Spun the Wrecking Ball Deluxe last night which is mastered by Joe Gastwirt and I couldn't believe the bass weight and energy. I just ordered another seven, and they'll be here tomorrow. 100% satisfied with Insound.

14. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Spoke too late—the price when up to 24 bucks

black sheriff likes this.
  15. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

My copy of Sallies Fforth has a moderate warp but its gradual enough that it doesn't cause the needle to jump and I can't hear any noticeable change in speed when it goes over it so I'll stick with it.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i got a copy of this that was warped as well. mine was seriously warped though. no worries; they sent me a replacement without issue.

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It was around $8 last year, as I recall.

Andrew_db and Boomy like this.
  18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Heck of a deal!

19. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

I hope it's ok to post comments here on some of the LPs on offer at Insound to help future purchasers. I'm slowing going through my massive 60% off order from November and I'm currently listening to the Mingus Blues & Roots mono reissue. It's an EU pressing, likely Optimal, and is flat, quiet, and sounds AMAZING! The repro Atlantic mono "fan" lables are a nice touch. This is a no-brainer for less than $9 when a 60% sale is going on if you're a jazz fan!

20. hutlock

Yeah I picked this up during one of the previous 60% sales and I totally agree. There was a bit of confusion about what actual pressing and mastering details was but like I said at the time... it’s the mono mix on LP for $9. What’s to complain about?

audiolab1 likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Bummed, my first order of three LPs arrived today and there was a nice dent in the package. I took pictures and opened it up. Sure enough, the top album was dented. It should have been cosmetic only but taking the LP out of the sleeve revealed a 3/4" crack. Hope Insound is good about making this right.

It should be noted that the packaging was a standard record mailer that SHOULD have been sufficient if properly handled by UPS. Probably 199 shipments out of 200 done this way would come through unscathed. Had the albums been sandwiched between some extra cardboard, the damage might have been prevented.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  22. hutlock

Wow, bummer. I am very sure they will take care of it for you.

SJP likes this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm pretty confident everything will be fine.

Bizarre, the album below also sustained some damage from the same dent. It's like it was a blunt force about the size of a dime that punched the package. The album below (Rush-Presto) sustained a slight dent which caused a seam split immediately adjacent to the damage. Fortunately the album didn't crack. Unfortunately, this title is no longer in stock so I'm stuck with the cosmetic damage.

24. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

My shipping experience with Insound has been quite an adventure. I ordered a Family Dog AKA Spaceman signed litho when it was on sale for $89. When it arrived in a giant mailing tube and wrapped in bubble wrap there was a small crease in the image. I contacted Insound and they immediately offered to send a replacement. The second litho arrived with the mailing tube missing one end cap exposing the litho while in transit. It also had a crease and a bent corner apparently from jostling around in the tube. They offered to send a third. This one never showed up after two weeks despite tracking showing post office delivered it on Christmas Eve. Insound could not track where package ended up so they agreed to send a fourth. About 10 days later I received a copy of an RSD Morris Day album with an enclosed invoice stating it was the litho I ordered. I sent photos to Insound and they sent a fifth litho. This finally arrived 10 days ago in good shape. At this point I still had 2 damaged lithos and the album. I offered to return if they sent prepaid labels but they said just keep them. They were very apologetic and tried very hard to fix the problem.

Two days later another copy of the Litho arrived! They need some help in their shipping department.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sorry to hear of your litho issues but glad the problem was handled to your eventual satisfaction (although with apparent overkill).

hutlock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.