ImportCDs 20% off $60+ orders

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by VinylSteals, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Their 10% sale ended last Monday.

2. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I have to say, the people doing the categorizing don't know anything about music. Filtering to the Blues category, I get Madonna and Fleetwood Mac. Yikes!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  5. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

black sheriff and superstar19 like this.
  6. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

These $10 LPs remind me of Urban Outfitters clearance bins. They use to have $10 clearance bins of LPs. Now, Urban Outfitters doesn't stock very many LPs. Probably easier to sell the clearance LPs on ebay. (course, Urban Outfitters would have sales that reduced the price of those clearance bins too) Kinda like get_importcds have the 20% off sale.

black sheriff likes this.
  8. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident Thread Starter

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

They just saved me $15 - $20 on the same 3 albums I priced at 4 other online retailers. Granted, I did use their eBay store, as that's where they make their best deals. This one was buy 3, get 2 for 15% off with free shipping.
    Also, last time I bought through the eBay store, they came in heavy duty bomb-proof packaging.

Juggsnelson and black sheriff like this.
  10. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

They certainly have come a long way in the packaging department!

Myke likes this.
  11. Myke

Ain't that the truth ? Yet, if you order from them directly, you still get your record(s) in the pressed corrugated monstrosity, and I hate those. Through the eBay store, it's as if they stopped by Acoustic Sounds to have it packed. :laugh:

PhantomStranger and Juggsnelson like this.
  12. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

So true! That EBay store can get you in trouble real fast! A lot of great stuff.:D

Myke likes this.
  13. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Not sure if you all know about this little trick and not sure if it works all the time. After signing in and adding items to your shopping cart just abandon it. The last several times I’ve done this I was met with a $5 off code in my email inbox a few hours later explaining that I could use it with what I “forgot” in my cart. I’ve stacked it with specials as well.

14. Myke

I'll try to remember that, but just remembering them as an option didn't come to me until I saw a thread about some mook whining about his experience there, last night.
    Before that, Acoustic Sounds was my cheapest option. No, really, I priced 3 other places, then Import CDs saved me another $15.+ .

Synthfreek likes this.
  15. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That works for me at DeepDiscount's website ($5 off a $25 order) but I never thought to try it at ImportCDs or their ebay store (they are sister companies though so I guess that makes sense). One of the gotchas with DD on that though, is that say you put $26 of stuff in your cart and think yer all set, when you apply the discount it drops the actual price to $21 which is below their "free shipping" cutoff ($25) and they charge you for shipping! So to really get the discount you need to buy $30 to avoid giving them the $5 right back in shipping costs.

Strat-Mangler and Synthfreek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.