Duane Allman Skydog LP - $199.98

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jcure, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcure

jcure Forum Resident Thread Starter

This strikes me as a really good deal. Real Gone Music has Duane Allman's Skydog 14 LP set for $200 - $300 off retail:

Duane Allman Skydog LP

2. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

If I didn't already have the deluxe version on cd I would jump on this. Very good price!

3. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I wonder how it sounds on LP?

4. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

I just ordered it. Anybody already have the vinyl and can comment on sound and vinyl quality of this vinyl box set?

5. Andrew Furlong

Andrew Furlong Well-Known Member

So this will be a reissue, correct?. Not an original box?.

6. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I just ordered it too. Looks like a good deal but these must not have sold well, only 1000 made to begin with. Can’t find any reviews on the sound but the set seems nicely put together.

Jim

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

hutlock likes this.
  8. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

The original retail was $500, which is rather steep. $199 sounds like a much better deal and I expect these will move at that price. It is the original in some limited quantity.

9. Andrew Furlong

Andrew Furlong Well-Known Member

Thanks for verifying.

10. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Thanks for the tip, just placed my order.

11. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Anyone have an idea on the quality of this set? I am down if it sounds great.

12. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

The content has mostly favorable reviews but I could not find anything on the vinyl quality yet. We could ask Bill if he knows? I will PM him to see if he could chime in.

Strat-Mangler and Guitarded like this.
  13. monovinyl

monovinyl Senior Member

Just ordered - great price! Thanks for the heads up.

14. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I am hesitant on buying this 14 LP set from Rounder, Rhino, Universal. This box has been out since Oct. of 2016 and after trying a search for review of the vinyl, I come with zilch too. What's the odds of getting 14 good LP's at once?

Opeth and Myke like this.
  15. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip. Impossible to resist.

16. Myke

Exactly, when I got the e-mail from RG yesterday, my first thought was so much can go wrong with 14 slabs at once. Quit while you're ahead, son ( I have the original long CD box from a pre order ).

Also, there's what I say in my custom title...I'd be up and down those stairs 28 times ?!?!? No thanks.

clhboa, Opeth and John D. like this.
  17. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

agree, I would have preferred the CD set but it is equally hard to find at a decent price & condition - I have kind of lost trust on Discogs sellers as most of them over grade (in my experience)

John D. likes this.
  18. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I seem to recall folks here said the CDs were a bit louder than they preferred, but the vinyl SQ was very good.

19. Myke

I'm not finding that myself, maybe you could find us a link to that ?

Closed thread : Duane Allman Skydog LP collection

20. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I'm at work, and that seems like a tall order. Sorry. I'm pretty sure it was on the forum I read it.

21. Myke

Then I'll keep digging, so far everything I've found is praise, with those in October, 2016 saying what they're saying now, " too many records, etc." Nothing about SQ though.

Jerry likes this.
  22. Myke

Nope, only two threads on the vinyl, and a Gort closed one, linking the other, which I linked above. I think you may be remembering another set where the vinyl sounded better than the CDs. God knows there are plenty of those. :laugh:

Even as a very big fan of Duane, I can see how a $500.00 box of session work might not sell as well as expected.
    October 2016, to now is just over two years of course, so a $300.00 price drop might be just what they need to clear the shelves in the warehouse.

23. jimi55

jimi55 Forum Resident

I wonder why the 2 to 3 weeks delivery.

24. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Real Gone is acting as a broker for the original label and likely doesn't have it in their warehouse. Thus, I could see a bit of delay in processing.

eelkiller and kwadguy like this.
  25. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I ordered the Skydog LP set but never received an order confirmation from Real Gone Music. I tried three times to create an account with them but each time an email verification was needed. Each time no email was sent so I was unable to create an account. I sent them an email and only got an automated response.

Has anyone dealt with Real Gone Music before? I'm not too happy that my credit card was charged and the order will not ship for 2-3 weeks. Most sellers I deal with do not charge my credit card till the order has been shipped. Not getting a real good feeling about Real Gone Music.

Strat-Mangler and longdist01 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.