Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Anyone own that Randy Newman 68-77 box? I’m on the fence about it.

2. ENelson409

ENelson409 Forum Resident

I got the set on Record Store Day. It has Newman's first five albums, and at least three of those are classic albums. It also comes with a single exclusive to the set. imho, it's an excellent pressing.

hutlock likes this.
  3. hutlock

Yeah it was on my list for RSD and no shops had it around me. I’ll probably bite on it. I have the first two on CD so I know I love the material. Thanks for the tip!

4. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Picked up Neil Young's Decade and Dan Auerbach's Waiting on a Song for $28.07 shipped.

Can't believe I almost spent $42 on Decade for Record Store Day. Glad I held out.

5. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Has anyone purchased the Hawkwind Space Ritual reissue? I have seen reviews and forum comments suggesting that the hard paper inner sleeves resulted in damaged LPs for many who've purchased this title.

black sheriff likes this.
  6. renderj

renderj Forum Resident

I purchased the Space Ritual reissue from insound about a year ago. Mine arrived without any issues: flat, quiet pressing. It's Hawkwind, so it's no sonic masterpiece, of course. But I noticed no issues with the sleeves, etc.

audiolab1 and black sheriff like this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Just saw this sale and I wish I hadn't. Just paid off my credit cards and now this!

8. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

superstar19 likes this.
  9. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yes! Plus, you can get the CD for $17 on amazon and well worth that price to supplement the LP with the extra music.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i guess they didn't have many copies of decade. out of stock before i could check out.

disappointing that the auerbauch LP didn't seem to sell that well. it's a really, really good album. good snag.

i grabbed that some time ago. everything was just fine with my copy.

audiolab1 and Brendan K like this.
  11. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

That's a stunning pressing too. I grabbed it on RSD and was blown away at the dead quiet pressing and soundstage.

rararabbits likes this.
  12. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

Looks like vinyl's back to 60% off through Sunday.

13. hutlock

Yes, we’ve been discussing since Thursday when it started. :)

14. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

Ah, missed that somehow — apologies for the redundancy. I hemmed and hawed over eight or so titles on the last sale, and then it ended before I made a purchase. In fact, the same thing happened with the previous sale. So in theory I should have a pretty good idea of what I really want now. However, since in reality I will probably delay the decision until just before the sale ends, posting here should help me to remember when time runs out this Sunday.

15. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Anybody else receiving defective vinyl? Four out of the eight albums I bought are defective, either with a bad hump warp causing popping noises or bad scratches across atleast one song. Insound is good about returns though, great customer service. I was really surprised to get s defective Coltrane Jazz, it had both bad warp and bad non-fill throughout all four sides. Tull - This Was was so badly warped I could tell even before opening the shrink it was badly warped.

16. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I've ordered from them a few times, quite a few titles, with no issues. This last batch a couple of weeks ago two out of five were warped. I could see on the back spine edge of both covers a slight crease running the entire length of the cover. Poor storage?

17. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

Yes, same issue for me. 5 out of 14 titles I ordered were warped.

The good thing is they have great customer service and replacements are on the way. The bad thing is that it may be a storage issue and so the odds are high that the replacements may have the same issue. Such is life in the vinyl world...

18. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Mine was ordered weeks ago and was fine also.

audiolab1 likes this.
  19. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

The Insound site is pretty wacky. Albums seem to appear and disappear from the sale at random; a couple are still listed that haven't been in stock for months. As of now (Sunday morning) it is still displaying a "60 percent off vinyl" sale, yet prices are much higher than they were yesterday (the two-LP "Thick as a Brick" which I bought for $35 is now $54).

lightbulb likes this.
  20. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Yep, the sale got pulled...?

21. hutlock

Yeah WEIRD. The banner is still up but the prices are showing as the regular 40% off. I wonder if it was set to expire at midnight and someone set it to expire at noon instead? The old AM/PM issue.... lol

lightbulb likes this.
  22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

and today i was going to make a purchase! oh well.

lightbulb likes this.
  23. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Sale prices are now back. Go figure.

24. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Neil Young Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Vinyl
    Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $22.98

Special Price $9.24

black sheriff and jason202 like this.
  25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

The Stooges 1970: Complete Fun House Sessions (7 CD)

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $119.98

Special Price $48.23

elsanto and black sheriff like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.