Is ImportCds good enough?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikeManaic61, Nov 22, 2017.

1. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Is this the company that used to have a magazine-sized, cream-colored catalog available through the mail? If so, it is where I got my Abbey Road Black Triangle. Anyone remember?

2. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I have had good experiences. There was a glitch when I ordered Led Zeppelin's 3 LP version of CODA that was on sale for $10. I ordered it in November but it sort of disappeared in shipping.
    I gave them a month for it to show up and then noticed that they had 47 left for sale on Ebay but the price was at $47. I wrote and asked them to ship one of those, which they promptly did. So I still got it for $10.
    Can't complain. They were very nice about it and most likely the loss of the first package was not there fault. There prices generally are more competitive than Barnes and Noble.

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I got all my Audio Fidelity SACDs from them for around $19.61 total. The going rate elsewhere was $26 to $30.

4. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

Maybe find out their terms and conditions before placing an order? How do you know the delay isn't with PayPal's processing, any way?

5. ClassicalCD

ClassicalCD Make audio great again

Perhaps if my time were worthless I would spend it reading the fine print of every merchant I shop from. Even then, is it stated somewhere on their site that a cancellation and refund takes more than a week? As it is, I expect reasonable practices. Taking two weeks to issue a refund after making me wait a month for a CD they didn't obtain is not reasonable.

rednoise likes this.
  6. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

You will find a lot of ImportCDs apologists in this thread, so don't expect any sympathy here (but you have mine.) I've made the same mistake you did and, while it did finally work out, it took many weeks, many emails, and many calls. I consider their policies to be unfriendly at best and borderline unethical at worst.

slipkid, E.Baba, lv70smusic and 2 others like this.
  7. ClassicalCD

Well, after a lot of fighting and waiting ImportCDs refunded the amount paid for the CD - not for shipping however, it looks like they figured they would go ahead and steal that. I wonder how many emails it will take to get them to refund me for that.

Whenever possible, avoid ImportCDs. Particularly, never ever place a back order with them.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    slipkid and E.Baba like this.
  8. Veni Vidi Vici

Five business days is pretty standard to process a refund. And I'm sure ImportCDs offered you no guarantee they would be able to fulfill your back order, let alone do it within a given timeframe. You can always pay full price with a seller who has the item in stock if you prefer not to wait. Good luck!

9. Never pay for a pre-order with ImportCDs using Paypal. There are no problems using a personal credit card, however.

They seem to be having more stocking and inventory issues these days. Hot releases often go out of stock fairly quickly and then it's the waiting game to see if/when the item comes back.

10. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

The issue has nothing to do with "guaranteeing to fill your back order," and you know it. The issue is with them taking payment before they provide the service they promised, and then dragging their asses in refunding the money that is owed, and to add insult to injury, to sneakily try to KEEP some of the money they took that they didn't earn. This is unacceptable.

slipkid, lv70smusic and ClassicalCD like this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

They just saved me $15 - $20 on the same 3 albums I priced at 4 other online retailers. Granted, I did use their eBay store, as that's where they make their best deals. This one was buy 3, get 2 for 15% off with free shipping.
    Also, last time I bought through the eBay store, they came in heavy duty bomb-proof packaging.

12. Veni Vidi Vici

I’m pretty sure none of that happened the way this guy says it did. Have him post the email conversation (his so-called “war”) and I’m confident you will see them dealing professionally with an unreasonably difficult customer.

13. ClassicalCD

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but here it can be seen how ImportCDs refunded me for the CD and taxes, but not for shipping. The CD they didn't obtain (and which I later bought from another seller) is Music at the Habsburg and Mannheim Courts:

[​IMG]

14. Veni Vidi Vici

Looks as if there were two items in your order, one of which was never fulfilled and you received a refund for. Did you receive the other item, the Styper CD? If so, why expect a full refund of shipping?

15. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

The only issue I've ever had was with ImportCDs was a few years ago. I ordered the deluxe edition of Duran Duran's Big Thing but I ended up receiving a children's book instead. :wtf: Not sure how that happened. Every other order went smoothly without any issues.

16. ClassicalCD

I was finally issued an additional refund for shipping. It took way too much time, insistence, and most worryingly, vigilance, to obtain a full refund, so I wouldn't recommend placing back orders with ImportCDs.

slipkid and rednoise like this.
  17. Veni Vidi Vici

What a relief.

eelkiller and GentleSenator like this.
  18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

:sweating:

Veni Vidi Vici likes this.
  19. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I hate there compressed card board mailers cracks the cd cases.

20. 905

905 Senior Member

Even though I have Amazon Prime, I decided to order from Import CDs recently because the Amazon delivery driver(s) have left my items at the wrong apartment a few times now.
    They shipped the next day and provided tracking, so I'm pleased.

sharedon and melstapler like this.
  21. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I requested a pre-order be cancelled (paid by cc) and received an e-mail saying they would cancel it and then one saying it has been cancelled. However, it still shows in the order history looking exactly the same as an open pre-order I have. Is that normal? There's no status indication it's been cancelled.

22. IronRinn

IronRinn Forum Resident

I've dealt with DirectTou LLC in many of their various forms and I've not had any issues with them that I haven't had with, say, Amazon for instance. Mostly instances of less than stellar packaging.

23. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I cancelled something the other day and I did get an email from them saying it was cancelled.

rnranimal likes this.
  24. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Does the order still show up in your account's history? If so, is there any indication it's been cancelled. I received an e-mail saying they cancelled my order but nothing changed with the order history listing. Makes me a little concerned it's going to ship to me when released.

25. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Yes, it is still listed in my order history. I know I did receive the refund in my PayPal account though. Maybe you should just contact them to confirm.

rnranimal likes this.