Over-ear headphones with right-angle plug?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jet Age Eric, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi,

My straight headphone plugs have broken both jacks on my FiiO x5 (i.e., walking the dog and shovelling snow, the additional torque of the longer plug pulled against the jacks). Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive (<$150) over-ear headphone that terminates in a right-angle plug? Thanks! -E

2. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

How about keeping your old cans and getting one of these? Would that work?

[​IMG]

rodentdog and Jet Age Eric like this.
  3. Jet Age Eric

I'm squeamish about signal degradation and losing the connection between the phones and the adapter--maybe I should man up? :p Thanks! -E

4. Carl Swanson

Looks cheap enough to give it a try.

Jet Age Eric likes this.
  5. Carl Swanson

6. rockindownthehighway

rockindownthehighway Not interested

I don't like it (ok, I'm being very diplomatic here) but even the Sennheiser HD 600 comes with the 1/8" (3,5mm) plug and a 1/4" (6.5?) adapter plug that the mini plug pushes into! Of course the first thing to do is to ditch the stock 600 cable and replace it with a 650 cable but the point is this adapter stupidity has already been institutionalized. Anway Sennheiser HD 25 1-II comes with a right angle mini plug.. Damn good pair of headphones for many uses, very lively and very efficient. I guess you need the mini plug for your FiiO but in any case the 1/4 adapter for the model 25 actually screws on, so it is less offensive than the more expensive 600 setup.

7. Jet Age Eric

Thank you! Yeah, I need the minplug for the FiiO, and a local hi-fi repair guy told me the more expensive brands have the same jack issues, too. -E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.