Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

haha. the site truly does stink. but it's not a real "store" so it's no wonder they won't put any money into it.

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Love that avatar.....that along with the name just match perfectly..lol

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

I’ve ordered from InSound before, but somehow the site doesn’t seem to move/flow as easily as before...
    It’s weird - i don’t recall having such a difficult time placing an order...

4. birchstick

birchstick Forum Resident

I was looking for this title specifically during the 60% off sale, and it wasn't to be found! It's back on the site now (and apparently when you posted that).

5. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Also...
    There are some titles that become out of stock when they have the big sales. The titles will miraculously be in stock once the sale is over.
    But I shant complain as I always find something to buy.
    :)

birchstick likes this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

How long does it take for these bozos to ship?

7. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

slower than bezos :winkgrin:

usually it arrives within 10-12 days

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  8. aoxomoxoa

9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I’ve had one order ship next day, the rest of my orders took several days to ship.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  10. birchstick

birchstick Forum Resident

Haha!

11. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Just got the shipping notification.
    :cheers:

12. aoxomoxoa

I got a little overwhelmed by some of the deals but I couldn't resist the color vinyl Monkees 10 LP box for $50 and all the Neil young bargains. I also filled a couple other holes in my collection with Dusty in Memphis and The Hollies Butterfly,and the 50th anniversary of the debut album by Love (my mono copy is less than mint), not to mention the Tull bargains.

hutlock, SJP and Juggsnelson like this.
  13. wbass

wbass Forum Resident

I've had really responsive customer service from Insound. Like some others here, I've had a few warped pressings in my recent order. But they seem quite willing to replace/generally help out.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

I grabbed the Sire 50th Box, looks like a fun mix of tracks, had to jump on the Monkees Box as well after passing on the last Sale, at some point these boxes will be gone for good. Also grabbed a Pogues and the Dan Auerbach record

Next time, if they are still there I think I'll grab another Tull and The Hollies, I ran out of money...

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

....starting to think WEA just runs Insound as a way to write off taxes. they're practically giving everything away for free and don't seem to require returns!

16. The Elephant Man

Insound was scheduled to close its doors about 2 or 3 years ago. Somehow they got a reprieve and thankfully, are still around!

17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

No, they actually did go under. They used to be a regular online record store and then they sold the domain and site and all to WEA.

18. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Sale is now well and truly over. I scooped up a load of things but can't argue with the savings. The green vinyl "Groovin'" for $9, like wow.

19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Fear not, there will be another 60% off sale and likely a 50% off as well!

20. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I took advantage of this last 60% sale. I got most of the Jethro Tull vinyl that I didn't already have. (Too Old to RnR, This Was, Minstril, A Passion Play) I have all of the Stephen Wilson Deluxe Editions with DVD etc... boxsets so I have held off on many of the vinyl reissues, but I figured at a little over $10 each- why not. I also got the Living In The Past (not sure why I have a decent domestic copy)

I also picked up the two Bad Company Deluxe vinyl (Bad Company and Straight Shooter) and the Bad Company Live concert that has great reviews and from the samples sounded to be good performances.

Got Dusty in Memphis to have on vinyl although I have the SACD again for $10 nice to have the vinyl.
    Riding with the King - Eric Clapton and BB King I have the single LP version German pressing but this is spread out over 2 discs.
    Gorecki: Symphony No. 3 Never had this but wanted for a long time.
    Linda Ronstadt Just on Look - looks like a great collection got good reviews for sound here not much in packaging but what the heck. I have the DCC gold discs of both Greatest Hits which will be hard to beat.

Still has yet to ship.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  21. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I've had no problem with the speed from the time order is placed, shipped and received on any of my orders. I can think of quite a few companies that are much slower without the fantastic deals.

22. The Elephant Man

Agreed. My package shipped yesterday. I dunno, I have always found their shipping to be speedy.

hutlock and Matt I like this.
  23. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

I got a shipment confirmation today after placing an order for four titles on Saturday. They shipped three but indicate that Joni Mitchell's Hejira is backordered. Have others here gotten their backordered titles in the past? I had thought maybe since it seemed to be a clearing house for excess stock that they might get what they got, and when it ran out that would be it. Hoping not, though, as that's the title I was most looking forward to.

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

The couple titles I have watched that went out of stock never came back. YMMV.

25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I suspect that they must be ordering from a distributor and don't have an actual warehouse. I ordered two items from them on Sunday and it's still "processing, not shipped." I admit it, I'm spoiled by Amazon and B&N and the get-it-in-two-days phenomenon. This reminds me of past experiences with ImportCDs, many orders I've placed with them took 3-5 days just to ship. Kind of a drag, but heck, I still remember catalog ordering when I was a kid - you'd have to mail an order in and if it arrived in a month, you were lucky!

Apropos of nothing other than sheer coincidence, I've never received a warped or otherwise damaged LP from ImportCDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.