Hi-Fi Heaven Trade-in Program?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Disionity, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disionity

Disionity Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anybody use these guys? Care to share any experiences buying from them? Has anyone ever traded in gear to them? Just wondering as they were willing to offer me way more for my turntable towards the purchase of an upgrade than MusicDirect were.

Hi-Fi Heaven

2. james

james Summon The Queen

Haven’t traded anything in, but I made a purchase from them. They’re legit. If they are going to give you a good trade in value, go for it.

3. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

I did. Traded for a new piece of gear. Price was more than fair. Good guys.

scobb and snorker like this.
  4. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I've bought a couple things from them over the years but have no experience with trade-in. Let us know how it goes if you end up using them for a trade-in.

5. Standingstones

Standingstones Forum Resident

I didn’t see any mention of Hi-Fi Heaven being an authorized dealership. Perhaps that is the reason for the high trade-in amount. Did you bother checking these people out?

6. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Hi-Fi Heaven - Green Bay, WI

Might want to read these reviews before dealing with expensive items. I suppose I got lucky in my dealings with them.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  7. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I have not bought anything from them yet, but I am inclined to do so at some point because I think they are the closest thing I have to a local hi-fi dealer (still not conveniently close, but do-able as a day trip). I can tell you it's a real place.

8. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

I bought some bookshelf speakers from them a few years back. They were supposed to be new but they appeared to be display units. They offered me a fair rebate to keep them. So I'd say proceed with caution.

patient_ot likes this.
  9. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

Last three times I have had dealings with them, it was because they marked an item as "In Stock" but when I contacted them, it was NOT the case and they offered to sell me something different.

Most recent was with an AT-150MLX --- had it marked in stock, but it wasn't --- and the intent after contact was to sell me on something else.

I guess you could look at this from two sides of the coin -- good for business on one hand, but potentially bad for business on the other. Personally, I did not like the tactic.

Sorry for raining on the love parade.... I know these responses are not popular and not what folks want to hear.... unfortunately.

Ezd and patient_ot like this.
  10. james

james Summon The Queen

My experience: they had a demo item listed. I asked about it. They said they didn’t have it anymore but could do a new unit at that price. I received a new item at the discounted price with warranty.

recstar24 and patient_ot like this.
  11. I had a great expereince trading in a Roksan turntable towards a new Technics 1200G.

patient_ot likes this.
  12. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Don't forget Audio Emporium in Brown Deer (outside of Milwaukee).

Big Blue likes this.
  13. Alan Beasley

Alan Beasley Forum Resident

I purchased my Music Hall TT from them about 6 months ago. Price was fair and no problems. Legitimate outfit.

14. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

This is a local store from my parents house. It’s where I bought my 1210 GR and VM750SH. I traded in my Debut Carbon with 2M blue, 2M red stylus and Music Hall cork mat. Got a very nice amount towards the new gear.

I will say, after actually being at their store I can tell you that a lot of what they have online isn’t available to see, hear, compare, etc. I have a feeling they are doing way more online order fulfillments than walk in business. I can also see how their website might not be up to date with what they currently have in stock, it’s a small business with not a ton of staff.

All things being equal, I had a great experience with them and would recommend them.

Shawn likes this.
  15. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Great experience with me. Traded in some gear, gave me a good price on my stuff and on the new item.
    Thinking about it again for a Rogue amp.

16. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

That's even further away from me, but also a place on my radar to check out.

winston1156 likes this.
  17. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

I am thinking of asking HFH about a Technics 1200 GR TT. The online stores like Guitar center only sell the black 1210. HFH has the silver 1200GR on their website

18. Disionity

Disionity Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Sound Organization (Rega's US distributor) says they're an authorized dealer. I'm not so much concerned buying from them as PayPal will take care of me in case something goes wrong. What I'm worried about is them taking my trade-in and "running"

19. BD2665

BD2665 Forum Resident

If you're going to make a trip to Milwaukee I would forget audio Emporium and head straight to Ultra Fidelis. They are true analog lovers and provide excellent service and customer support.

winston1156 likes this.
  20. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

I have nothing to add except to give a shout out to my hometown of Milwaukee. Just go on Craigslist and see all the amazing gear you can get for reasonable prices. There are tons of vintage gear for sale because Milwaukee had a very substantial manufacturing base for a long time with high-paying union jobs. It's harder to find that stuff in the thrifts now, but the flippers usually do a good job servicing their gear before selling. For example, I picked up a beautiful Thorens TD-150mkii in 2013 for $125 and two mint pairs of EPI 100s for $75.

21. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

What are you trading? Guess you are looking at a new Rega?

22. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I’ve purchased demo Music Hall Marimba speakers that appeared brand new, and more recently a Music Hall MMF-7.1 Tonearm to upgrade my table. Good experiences in both cases, and I spoke with them on the phone about the tonearm before purchasing. They actually said they didn’t think I’d hear much difference upgrading from the MMF-7 arm, but they were quite wrong I’m happy to report.

23. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

I traded them a Clearaudio Concept Wood towards a Technics SL-1200G. Great experience. I sent them back the trade-in after I received the Technics, so you should have no concerns.

Shawn likes this.
  24. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

My current preamp is from them, wyred4sound mPre, killer price and deal, great communication and shipped super quick.

25. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

Contact Ryan M. At HiFi Heaven, he will take care of your trade-in and treat you right. I speak from vast experience with Ryan over the past 15 years. Bought and traded many McIntosh and Marantz Reference gear back when they were an authorized dealer. Also many Klipsch speakers over the past few years. I’m not from Wisconsin, but Ryan has earned my trust and business many times over. :righton::righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.