The Vinyl Community on YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jon9091, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

I saw that one (the greased back hair picture in the video thumbprint). I didn't get that impression. I DID get the impression it kinda ticked him off but he was trying to say it didn't.

I don't think he's dumb, but, rather, a lot more ignorant than the rest of the hipsters think he is. He's the one eyed man in the world of the blind. ;)

That said, I've tried to correspond with him several times with no luck. I was in studio city for my daughter's wedding the summer before last and asked if he wanted to meet at a local starbucks to discuss this stuff with a guy that sold this stuff for almost a decade. No response. I understand the "creepy internet guy" fear, and even described myself in a later attempt as not "creepy internet guy" and understood his possible concern. Still no response.

A few months ago, I noticed he seems to be running out of worthwhile topics to discuss and threw out some ideas that might be interesting and doable. No response.

IOW, I'm not convinced he's not a nice person, but as the "California youth still living with his parents", he may be a bit narcissistic. ;)

2. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I don't know anything about vinyl eyezz but tend to avoid videos with his kind of schtick.

nosliw and jon9091 like this.
  3. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

I tired of them after watching ten or so. There is only so much he can talk about. :)

But I did find it interesting for ten or so episodes and I honestly think he has something to offer a young person trying to get into vinyl. Sure, there is some misinformation and I've corrected him on it a few times, but nothing catastrophic.

troggy likes this.
  4. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Check out Smokestack Records, another young guy who's recently started making videos. He has a pretty great record collection for someone so young.

Vinyl is final likes this.
  5. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Yeah thats him. He puts a lot into the videos in terms not just the research he does for each video but also creating the set he has and the whole retro vibe.

Exotiki and Jim B. like this.
  6. jawaka1000

jawaka1000 Forum Resident

oke, subscribed. :):targettiphat:

dryce and Mazzy like this.
  7. jawaka1000

jawaka1000 Forum Resident

AudiophileLaws

Jim B. and nosliw like this.
  8. I like watching some of his too. Love when folks simply enjoy their c0llections.

9. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Barakapdub is definitely my favourite YouTube VC channel. Very informative, especially his discussions on various mastering engineers (Kevin Gray, Doug Sax, Bob Ludwig, etc.) and a nice variety of music in his collection. I also like HiVyNyws as well.

Most VC channels don't do much for me, especially those who post some really bad advice or just simply show off their records with very little to no substance.

Fifth-Chord and ausgraeme like this.
  10. nosliw

Unfortunately, he hasn't posted anything in over a year. I wonder if he's still alive as I actually like his videos.

11. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality Thread Starter

Yeah, I like his videos too. The last video I saw he basically purchased the equivalent of an entire record store. He hasn’t made another video since, so I guess he’s still trying to enter all of that on Discogs or something.

boyo likes this.
  12. It's a lot of work to create these. I'm not set up to do editing, cutaways and effects...maybe someday, so I have to pull it off in one long take.

Now that could be interesting or boring as hell, but you just gotta go for it. Get your framing down and make sure the lighting works on many levels. Also make sure you let everyone see the records you are discussing. I'm still learning a lot.

There is a series of Vinyl Tag 2019 that a bunch of collectors have posted, answering twenty questions. I'm late to the party, but uploaded my version this morning. Kinda fun!

dryce, jon9091 and jawaka1000 like this.
  13. BigDanT

BigDanT Forum Resident

Search for invisible ray, the blokes a complete knob head but the wife thinks he's funny

Purplefowler, jon9091 and Mazzy like this.
  14. HAHA!!

15. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I've seen a couple of the videos in this series.

16. Malinky

Malinky Almost a Gentleman.

His name is `ARMIEN`....`AUDIOPHILELAWS` he was one of my all time favorites, I still remember his spending an absolute fortune on a some massive classical boxed sets.
    He still has an Instagram channel.
    I kept my subscription open for months hoping that he would come back again, but no luck so far :cry:

17. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality Thread Starter

Sounds like a winner!

Mazzy likes this.
  18. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Umm....I was kind of looking for good recommendations but thanks (I think!) :D
    (And I will admit I did chuckle watching the worst album I’ve ever purchased video)

jon9091 likes this.
  19. I think I’ll create one showcasing records while I mix a perfect martini. Stand by. :tiphat:

jon9091 likes this.
  20. nosliw

I found his Instagram account and will check it out. Thanks! :)

21. I just had to do a Vinyl Community Martini Mixing Session. This one with the great Robert Ludwig mastered Verve reissues from 1976/77.

Jam757, dryce, trumpet sounds and 3 others like this.
  22. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

This was great! Well done my friend! :righton:

Mazzy likes this.
  23. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

I'm in the middle of watching Barakapdub's videos. We don't share the same musical taste about half the time, but I have found his equipment videos interesting, as well as his discussion of various labels (Blue Note, Classic Records, Mofi, Music Matters, etc.). He has gotten me to buy some Music Matters jazz pressings as well.

jon9091 and nosliw like this.
  24. nosliw

That happened to me as well! Luckily, it was good timing for me since I started buying them around late 2016 before the MMJ pressings went bonkers with respect to demand and cost in the new/used market.

25. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Loved it, really like your style, easy to watch and informative too. Also made me wish I still drank as that martini looked great!

jawaka1000 likes this.