Stereolab - 2019 Reissue Campaign and a live return

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kevimetal, Dec 4, 2018.

1. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

2. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Wait -= there are Stereolab fans who AREN'T collectors?!? :yikes: How can this be?

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED!!!? :eek:

marc with a c and erowid like this.
  3. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

This is complicated. I've got originals up to "Cobra" but absolutely plan to continue from there with the reissues.

View it like this: Apparently the store doesn't offer bargains and even goes above Discogs medium price. I know how nice it is to find a desired album in a real store but you can always get these albums at list price. So I guess I wouldn't buy more from that store but wait until I find more reasonably priced copies or the reissue finally comes along.

That's what I'm going to do. Because with reissues imminent, it's too late to pay a premium for an original. I guess at the moment my limit for an original is 50€. That's what I paid last summer for a UK "Cobra".

erowid likes this.
  4. Neonbeam

5. ries

ries Forum Resident

The band is confirmed for Best Kept Secret festival in Holland, May 31th. Looks like it will be only festival dates :(

Stereolab

kevimetal likes this.
  6. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

Well, damn, that means they'll probably only come to Chicago for either Pitchfork or Lolla.
    Oh, well.

7. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

I bought the new remastered vinyl also and it kills my Slumberland 22 original for sound, clarity and detail.

Neonbeam likes this.
  8. kevimetal

kevimetal Forum Resident Thread Starter

9. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

I really hope they do a Vol 4 of "Switched On" somewhere along the line...but I look forward to a remastered "TRNBWA" most - my first vinyl of that was the unplayable gold vinyl, the second was off centre and the CD sounds like it was mastered in a cardboard box, inside a bucket, inside another cardboard box.

10. octophone

Total classic, odd it has never been reissued (although NWW put a section on one of their compilations).

Hallogallo likes this.
  11. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

Transient and Mars are up for pre-oder at Duophonic. May 2nd release. Looks like it includes alt mixes and demos. 2500 on clear with 500 sold from DUO being numbered on a 2inch tape Obi.

Elektra albums in August and the last few in November.

Brian Hoffman likes this.
  12. Brian Hoffman

Brian Hoffman Obsessive fanatic extraordinaire

Wow, thanks, just ordered the limited one!

13. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

**** ton of tour dates too.

I assume they are playing Pitchfork Fest because there is no Chicago date. I guess it could be Lolla, but hopefully not.

14. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

So, who is in this new lineup? From the photo I saw it is Tim, Laetitia, Simon and then Joe Walters? Or someone else? Is there a fifth?

15. arem

arem Forum Resident

Just managed to snag the limited version of Mars. Went out of stock right after I checked out so I guess I got lucky. Cannot wait for these re-issues to fill the gaps in my collection!

16. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

Ordered Transient Noise 3 LP set. $36 including shipping is a great deal. Kind of excited.

17. Neonbeam

These are certainly super nice looking and for the quarter of a millisecond, I had "Mars Audiac" in my basket but: I've got originals. And I can't buy everyhing twice. So I'll wait until we arrive at "Sound Dust"! :righton:

erowid likes this.
  18. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I'm for sure in for Emperor Tomato Ketchup, Dots and Loops, Cobra, and Sound-Dust. Will be curious to hear reviews of these first two releases.

19. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

THREE discs for $29.99? That's an absurdly low price point... I think I'll be happy with the black vinyl and waiting for quality reports.

20. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

This tour starts the day after Riot Fest weekend. I'm calling Riot Fest their Chicago date... We'll see but the date just works.

21. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

If all have demo discs appended, I’ll buy the lot. They look beautifully done from the pics.

22. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Got both limited versions on lockdown! I'm a happy camper.

23. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Bear in mind that the clear vinyl versions of the Switched-On reissues earlier this year were glorious, and didn't cost much more than this.

Geez, for years people complain that new yinyl is too spendy, now they complain it's too cheap...

Both limited versions with the obi sorted, shipping on 03 May. Lovely!

24. Neonbeam

I guess we have gotten so used to these 50€ three disc Massive Attack releases! :biglaugh:

25. octophone

Limited version with obi only available in US? Bah! And sold out in a couple of hours anyway? Double bah!

I guess it means I can wait until they come out rather than paying for them now.

sparkmeister, erowid and Defrance like this.